'What We Do in the Shadows' on FX

...my rule of thumb is; if you're a half hour prestige drama/comedy you should have 10-12 episode seasons. Anything less hurts too much [looking at you Atlanta]. And, if you do 6... you should have a season every 6-ish months.

If you're a 45 minute prestige drama, you can get away with 6-8. But, they better be tight as hell [unlike Obi-Wan]. Otherwise you should also have 10-12, but have that one-off or bottle episode, while also being tight as hell ala Mr. Robot.

Wellington Paranormal makes me LOATHE the 6-episode Brit-market season more than any show before now. It's so good, and would be so easy to do proper full-length seasons for it.

But it would be cool for the Staten Island crew to do a proper cross-over with the Wellington side of things. Just for like a single road trip episode or something like that. Probably won't happen, being on different networks, but would be fun.
You're not ready for the streaming world. :o

Yeah Colin Robinson does a really good impression of a child. Every time he starts talking about his youtube or roblox I can't help but laugh. I still think my favorite is Matt Berry, Baaaaaaaaaaaat. But really all of the characters are really good.

Okay, the Go Flip Yourselves episode tonight was genius. Anyone else ever watch any of those HGTV renovate your home shows? I've watched a few in passing and they really nailed it down to the shots, the on-screen graphics, how the people living at the home are overly enthused to tear down their old place- but still very much in-character with the show.

I loved it, and to bring it all back to Simon's crew and that damn hat? This will probably end up being one of the most enjoyable episodes I've watched of the series if just for how well they nailed the HGTV parody.

The parody aspect was wearing a bit thin, imo
but the final reveal brought it all home and made it totally worth it

agreed about needing more Colin Robinson though

The parody aspect was wearing a bit thin, imo
but the final reveal brought it all home and made it totally worth it

agreed about needing more Colin Robinson though
He saved them from the Jersey Devil last week. Let him rest. :o

*the past eight episodes*

ME: I can’t wait to meet Guillermo’s bf and find out what he was up to in London.

*tonight*

ME: *extremely Jason Bateman voice* … Him?

That B plot was something else. But Yay bring on angsty teen Colin Robinson.

Are vampire hunters even able to become vampires? Like is there anything in Guillermo's DNA that would prevent him from [finally] becoming a vampire? Either way, an interesting development for him.

I do like how Nandor just went back to normal and moved on from his wife as if that whole thing never happened. Not like a status quo reset sort of thing, but given how he grew bored of her, I can't blame him for moving on so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"