What would be the Event that would spark the downfall of Marvel Studios?

Marvel does a movie about Werewolf Captain America.

Feige's head dissapears so far up his own arse, he can't see the future... no... wait...that's happened already.

T"Challa;31815017 said:

Okay then, I'll put it slightly more politely, he is beliving his own hype too much and he thinks Marvel are untouchable.

They just don't have any respect for the material.
more than any studio else. I can't think of any mainstream property outside of the MCU that is as close to the comicbook as them.

Avi Arad replaces Kevin Feige. Marvel Studios shuts down in exactly 2 years, and eighteen Venom features later.

Okay then, I'll put it slightly more politely, he is beliving his own hype too much and he thinks Marvel are untouchable.

And you've arrived at this conclusion how exactly? i've seen tons of Feige interviews and yeah he's pretty confident in the MCU (and he has every right to be tbh) but i dont see some ridiculous arrogance or anything.

T"Challa;31815751 said:
And you've arrived at this conclusion how exactly? i've seen tons of Feige interviews and yeah he's pretty confident in the MCU (and he has every right to be tbh) but i dont see some ridiculous arrogance or anything.

Exactly. He's as confident as you'd expect someone who calls the shots on the most successful movie franchise ever to be. That said, in interviews he never comes across as arrogant or conceited.

If Marvel Studios is to collapse, it won't be an Event as much as a series of bad events that snowball.

Marvel Studios will be around in a decade. Maybe 2? I mean it's like Pixar, nobody expects them to go away anytime soon.

12 movies in and all hits, critically and financially. I don't think they are going away, not in the nest 15-20 years atleast

Recasting Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark with a thirty-something version of the same character without rebooting the entire universe.

That's what they're going to do. Expect the sliding time scale to come into the MCU with Phase 4.

Fanboys aren't the problem. We've sat through Supermen, Batmen, and Spider-Men, we'll see through Iron Men, Captain Americas, and Thors. The GA didn't know these characters before the MCU. RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth are the faces of the characters for the GA. The GA didn't like TASM series because they felt it was too soon. The only reason Superman and Batman got away with it were a decade(s) gap between reboots, horrible movies, and to an extent that they finally meet. Recasting isn't going to work for the MCU.

Marvel recasted Hulk and War Machine. Nobody cared. They will recast other characters.

We haven't lost Weaving, he said he's open to playing the Red Skull again should it come up. And Howard being a loss is debatable, considering he put himself in that position.

Yeah but he earlier said he didn't want to come back. If we get a new Red Skull, I'm hoping it's Christoph Waltz.

Yeah but he earlier said he didn't want to come back. If we get a new Red Skull, I'm hoping it's Christoph Waltz.

Doesn't matter if he wants to come back or not, he's still under contract.

It's why William Hurt is doing CIVIL WAR, because his Marvel contract was still in force.

Marvel recasted Hulk and War Machine. Nobody cared. They will recast other characters.

James Bond and Batman were recasted numerous times. I agree with you.

(Unless it's garbage recasting on Marvel's part.)

That's what they're going to do. Expect the sliding time scale to come into the MCU with Phase 4.

Agree.

Chopped into bits by Daken.
Brought beneath New York and reanimated.
Coming to theaters this fall its...

Frankencastle!

Or any other similarly goofy idea from the comics.

Only thing I can think of is complacency or over-reliance on a specific formula which could lead to a lack of creativity and eventually consumer boredom.

That's applicable to any company, really.

It will not be some epic event. I think that is too much comic book logic. It will more likely be consumer boredom with superhero movies. Which I do not see setting in until after they have to recast everybody, so it will not be for a long while still, if even then.

Hulk was in horrible movies and War Machine was a side character in one movie. That's nothing like RDJ, Evans, and Hemsworth who are the faces the characters for many people.

James Bond and Batman were recasted numerous times. I agree with you.

Bond and Batman had very loose continuity though. In the MCU it's all connected and building towards something. I don't see the GA being interested in not RDJ Iron Man interacting with Holland Spider-Man after RDJ already did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"