World What would James Cameron's Spider-Man look like?

It was success...
but it certainly wasn't a fan favorite. James Cameron used to be an official bad-ash until he did Titanic.:cmad: I wish he still had it in him, so we could've gotten him to do a Spider-Man reboot and a T3 or a T5.

But this is a whole other thread.
:huh:

Titanic was great. He may have had a weak story in Avatar but i have faith in his abilities to make sequels. Don't see where that hate for Titanic comes from.

He would've been amazing. I think he'd have to change his look to look like Peter. IN the script, Peter has brown hair. He would've looked like this-
Daredevil+v21616.jpg

Looks like Iceman from the X-Men movies.

:huh:

Titanic was great. He may have had a weak story in Avatar but i have faith in his abilities to make sequels. Don't see where that hate for Titanic comes from.

His ego grew after Titanic. I wish he would've done Spider-Man after Titanic. Instead of waiting a decade of doing nothing.

What do you mean? He's a busy man. I hear Avatar 2 is set for 2019 and Avatar 3 is set for 2029. Busy, busy, busy.

What do you mean? He's a busy man. I hear Avatar 2 is set for 2019 and Avatar 3 is set for 2029. Busy, busy, busy.

I was talking about after Titanic. It's a shame we didn't see him do Spider-Man afterwards.

I don't see it.

I see a brown-haired Leo, which would've been great for Peter. Just add glasses and a camera.

Leo would have been cool and all (for the 90's), but he's a bit too much of a heart throb to convincingly portray a character like Peter Parker (who is not a dreamy, movie star looking guy). Maguire and Garfield both work because they can pull off the nerdy "outsider", but let's be honest, they're also pretty good looking.

I was talking about after Titanic. It's a shame we didn't see him do Spider-Man afterwards.

yeah, just pointing out that the guy likes to take his time...a lot...like a real lot...like really...

Leo would have been cool and all (for the 90's), but he's a bit too much of a heart throb to convincingly portray a character like Peter Parker (who is not a dreamy, movie star looking guy). Maguire and Garfield both work because they can pull off the nerdy "outsider", but let's be honest, they're also pretty good looking.

I agree with heart throb part. Even so, I still think Leo would've pulled off Peter. If he dyed his hair brown, added glasses, and went through a little bit of a transformation... I think he'd better than Garfield and Maguire combined! I would love to see Leo in these scenes:
spider_img037.gif

spider_img039.gif

spider_img041.gif

To me, Tobey had a geeky charm to him...like Ditko's version of Spider-Man!. Garfield is just plain hipster.

(This would've looked perfect as a live-action poster.)

james_cameron_s_spider_man_by_decepticoin-d5gxqb6.jpg

MGM®

From the director of TITANIC and T2
Presents....

"SPIDER-MAN"

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Nikki Cox, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen,
and Maggie Smith

SUMMER 1998

Last edited:
Wasn't there another script written after Cameron's scriptment which had Doc Ock as the main villain and Liz Allen as the love interest?

I'm reading a book called "The Ultimate Spider-Man" written by Stan Lee, Peter David, and a number of other writers in 1994 which is full of "untold" short stories. I was reading the first entry (by Lee & David) which has Doc Ock doing a scientific experiment on anti-gravity using radioactive isotopes, and he does a presentation on it at ESU. A spider lands on Ock's chest plate, and he tries to knock it off with a tentacle, but ends up dropping some radioactive material on the ground, and the spider becomes radioactive. It gets flung over to Peter's hand, and bites him. Everyone is told to evacuate, but Ock stays behind and then there is an explosion.

Kind of funny how the Spider not only created Spider-Man, but one of his greatest foes, too. Hmm.

ultspipb.gif

Wasn't there another script written after Cameron's scriptment which had Doc Ock as the main villain and Liz Allen as the love interest?

I'm reading a book called "The Ultimate Spider-Man" written by Stan Lee, Peter David, and a number of other writers in 1994 which is full of "untold" short stories. I was reading the first entry (by Lee & David) which has Doc Ock doing a scientific experiment on anti-gravity using radioactive isotopes, and he does a presentation on it at ESU. A spider lands on Ock's chest plate, and he tries to knock it off with a tentacle, but ends up dropping some radioactive material on the ground, and the spider becomes radioactive. It gets flung over to Peter's hand, and bites him. Everyone is told to evacuate, but Ock stays behind and then there is an explosion.

Kind of funny how the Spider not only created Spider-Man, but one of his greatest foes, too. Hmm.

ultspipb.gif

The whole idea with Liz Allen and Doc Ock as the villain wasn't from Cameron. When Cameron was suppose to do X-Men with Chris Claremont, James Cameron left in favor to do Spider-Man because Stan Lee offered it to him. I think Caroclo had the rights at the time, they pretty much wrote their own little script and credited Cameron as a writer, I although he had nothing to do with it. I mean, this is the same guy who did Terminator 2 and Aliens. I'm assuming that eventually, he realized that the script was a giant piece of ****, so he wrote his own "scriptment" with Electro and Sandman as the villains. A better movie, but back then...it could've been a masterpiece for the 90's.

Tell me more about that book. Do they talk about Cameron's movie? It sounds exactly like what the writers wrote for it.

That book looks intriguing. As for the Spider-man film being a masterpiece of the 90s, well, let's not Forget that when it was finally released in 2002 it had a huge impact and influenced many of the films that came out during the decade, i think it's safe to call it a classic already.

I never saw that show but maybe in terms of tone we can look at Dark Angle to see what James Cameron's Spider-Man could have looked like.

I never seen Dark Angle but I think it would've lined been a combination of Rami's Spider-Man and Dark knight. I haven't seen another movie like James Cameron's Spider-Man.

That book looks intriguing. As for the Spider-man film being a masterpiece of the 90s, well, let's not Forget that when it was finally released in 2002 it had a huge impact and influenced many of the films that came out during the decade, i think it's safe to call it a classic already.

I never saw that show but maybe in terms of tone we can look at Dark Angle to see what James Cameron's Spider-Man could have looked like.

Hmmm...I see what you mean. After X-Men and Raimi's Spider-Man, it set a new standard for superhero movies. After Batman and Robin, comic book movies weren't in a really good place at all. It's safe to say that if James Cameron made Spider-Man, it would set a new standard for the 90's. James Cameron's Terminator 2 special effects look better than our CGI effects look today. I think James Cameron would revolutionize it with Spider-Man. I'm going to be honest, it would've been awesome if Superman Lives and James Cameron's Spider-Man clashed. That would've been epic. :awesome:

Hmmm...I see what you mean. After X-Men and Raimi's Spider-Man, it set a new standard for superhero movies. After Batman and Robin, comic book movies weren't in a really good place at all. It's safe to say that if James Cameron made Spider-Man, it would set a new standard for the 90's. James Cameron's Terminator 2 special effects look better than our CGI effects look today. I think James Cameron would revolutionize it with Spider-Man. I'm going to be honest, it would've been awesome if Superman Lives and James Cameron's Spider-Man clashed. That would've been epic. :awesome:
I think that's an exageration, T-1000's death feel a little weird now, and the effects used for that character are quite simple.

By the way, anybody remembers this?

I think that's an exageration, T-1000's death feel a little weird now, and the effects used for that character are quite simple.

By the way, anybody remembers this?

I just think it looks better than over cgi-ed things IMO. It looked real, that's all. I think he would make Spider-Man visual effects look amazing for it's time. It would set a new standard for visual effects. Jim Cameron was the man of making special effects stuff look real.

I thinks someone posted that here earlier. It's a really nice piece of artwork, if anyone knows if they're selling it. I would like to know the artist.
I believe Keven Spacey is suppose to be the goblin in that poster, he would've been great at the time. It would've been awesome if the artist actually drew Electro and Sandman.

tumblr_mrx1k0ZxJH1ru1hc6o1_500.jpg

A smoothed out version.

Well for one thing, people would have been complaining about Cameron's movie using organic webbing just like they did with Raimi's movies. IIRC, it was mentioned that's were Raimi got the idea to use organic webbing.

Well for one thing, people would have been complaining about Cameron's movie using organic webbing just like they did with Raimi's movies. IIRC, it was mentioned that's were Raimi got the idea to use organic webbing.

James Cameron's script had a combo of web-shooters as well. I dont think it'd get that much hate.

One thing wrong in this image
mechanical webshooters, not organic

WRONG. His script contained web-shooters and organic webbing. The web-shooters for Peter to shoot his webs straighter without making a gooey mess.

WRONG. His script contained web-shooters and organic webbing. The web-shooters for Peter to shoot his webs straighter without making a gooey mess.
So is that why Peter David wrote a mechanical webshooter to increase the web range in the first movie novel?

So is that why Peter David wrote a mechanical webshooter to increase the web range in the first movie novel?

We're talking about James Cameron's Spider-Man, not Peter David. The first movie did rip-off some of James Cameron's script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"