World What would James Cameron's Spider-Man look like?

I like all 4 of the Spidey films (SM2 is my least favorite, but I like it too), but none of them is really that great tbh
Not to start an argument or something like that but Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is a classic and Spider-Man 2 is one of the best sequels to be found. From what i saw of James Cameron's Spider-Man it would have been similar in quality to Sam Raimi's, but with more villains, which i think wouldn't have worked so well.

Not to start an argument or something like that but Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is a classic and Spider-Man 2 is one of the best sequels to be found. From what i saw of James Cameron's Spider-Man it would have been similar in quality to Sam Raimi's, but with more villains, which i think wouldn't have worked so well.
Two major villains in an origin film doesn't always work, so yeah.

I didn't like that mating/MJ sex thing. That was awful. Him dancing and stuff?

There is a chance he might have made it work even better than Batman Begins
Might

I doubt it, a good film? Yeah. A blockbuster? Yeah. A modern Classic? It's Spider-man, so yeah. A Fun film to watch and an "event"? Yep. And would it have set a new standard for comic book adaptations? Probably too.

But the thing is, that Sam Raimi's Spider-Man did all the things stated in here, and he also brings a better sence of fun, while James Cameron is more Serious Hollywoodesque.

Two major villains in an origin film doesn't always work, so yeah.

Batman Begins? I think he could've made it work, Sandman was a henchman...not a major villain. He didn't take anything from the story. I think James Cameron would've made Sandman look amazing like he did with T-1000.

I doubt it, a good film? Yeah. A blockbuster? Yeah. A modern Classic? It's Spider-man, so yeah. A Fun film to watch and an "event"? Yep. And would it have set a new standard for comic book adaptations? Probably too.

But the thing is, that Sam Raimi's Spider-Man did all the things stated in here, and he also brings a better sence of fun, while James Cameron is more Serious Hollywoodesque.

I can totally see what you mean. But the thing about Cameron is that he would've made a great Spider-Man movie FOR THE 90's. After Batman and Fobin, things were doomed for superhero movies. I think a darker CBM would've been better for a change. I think his scirpt is a better movie but Raimi's is a better Spider-Man movie. I think that Leonardo Dicaprio as Peter Parker would've been amazing. Better than Tobey and Garfield combined.

I can totally see what you mean. But the thing about Cameron is that he would've made a great Spider-Man movie FOR THE 90's. After Batman and Fobin, things were doomed for superhero movies. I think a darker CBM would've been better for a change. I think his scirpt is a better movie but Raimi's is a better Spider-Man movie. I think that Leonardo Dicaprio as Peter Parker would've been amazing. Better than Tobey and Garfield combined.
I disagree, his script was strong like Sam Raimi's, but once again it was nothing "astounding", if anything Sam Raimi's Spider-Man was the major force that built what the SUperhero genre is today after the Batman & Robin mess, we had Blade and X-Men previously, sure, and X-Men was a major success, being the 9th highest grossing film of 2000, but Sam Rami's Spider-Man was the film that rocked the "genre" and showed that super hero movies could fun and visually close to it's characters and at the same time break records and be a major blockbuster.

Even as a film i find Sam Raimi's script better, it's just more balanced and dark doesn't mean better, and from the around 90% reviews i doubt critics found Sam Raimi's film weak, or hoped another had done it.

As for Leonardo DiCaprio, he would have done well in the role, but at the same he doesn't bring anything new to the role, Tobey Maguire completelly nailed the "puppy face" and "geek" aspect more similar to the classic Peter Parker, while Garfield completelly nailed the teen aspect, something many don't seem to give him credit for just because it wasn't "their Peter Parker".

From the looks of it DiCaprio would have just been the "geeky" Peter Parker but without the actual looks, since it's freakin Leonardo DiCaprio.

I disagree, his script was strong like Sam Raimi's, but once again it was nothing "astounding", if anything Sam Raimi's Spider-Man was the major force that built what the SUperhero genre is today after the Batman & Robin mess, we had Blade and X-Men previously, sure, and X-Men was a major success, being the 9th highest grossing film of 2000, but Sam Rami's Spider-Man was the film that rocked the "genre" and showed that super hero movies could fun and visually close to it's characters and at the same time break records and be a major blockbuster.

Even as a film i find Sam Raimi's script better, it's just more balanced and dark doesn't mean better, and from the around 90% reviews i doubt critics found Sam Raimi's film weak, or hoped another had done it.

As for Leonardo DiCaprio, he would have done well in the role, but at the same he doesn't bring anything new to the role, Tobey Maguire completelly nailed the "puppy face" and "geek" aspect more similar to the classic Peter Parker, while Garfield completelly nailed the teen aspect, something many don't seem to give him credit for just because it wasn't "their Peter Parker".

From the looks of it DiCaprio would have just been the "geeky" Peter Parker but without the actual looks, since it's freakin Leonardo DiCaprio.

In my opinion, Leo is a better actor than Tobey or Garfield. I think that Leo could've brought a more troubled Peter for James Cameron's script. He could've pulled off the geeky aspect. Basically what Bale brought to Batman would be what Leo would bring to Peter. It would be a DIFFERENT take. Similarly with the Nolan Trilogy, it's not apart of the DCCU but it was a different take. After all the crappy Batman movies...the Nolan Trilogy saved us and gave us something new again. I feel that's what James Cameron's Spider-Man would've done just the same.

Have you seen True Lies? Now that is the textbook definition of fun.

Basically what Bale brought to Batman would be what Leo would bring to Peter.
Imagine if he brought a hella weird muffled voice for Spidey in a bad attempt to disguise it? It would've sucked.

funny thing is Leo and Toby have been best friend since childhood and got into acting together

Have you seen True Lies? Now that is the textbook definition of fun.

Imagine if he brought a hella weird muffled voice for Spidey in a bad attempt to disguise it? It would've sucked.

I don't know if Leo's that intense... And even so, does the Spider-Man role call for the same intensity that the Batman role does?

I feel that Garfield is probably the proudest and most enthusiastic (from his interviews to the energy that he brings to the performance) actor to take on a superhero role thus far.

Very true about Garfield, I love his enthusiasm and desire to do right by the fans.

Cameron's Spider-Man would have been absolutely epic. Even just for that opening scene alone with Spidey reading a Jameson attack piece in the Bugle while hanging upside down on the Empire State building. Sadly we'll never see that iconic image again cosidering the newspaper is a relic of the past. Ditto for a half-masked Spidey squatting on top of a payphone and asking passing New Yorkers for change.

even though the are some problems with the script, I would give anything to see a James Cameron Spider-man film. I wish there was more details about this whole thing, would've loved to see some concept designs of the suit or anything really.

Like Redletter media has said, many of Leo's mre dramatic roles just come off like a kid playing an older man in school recitals, he just doesn't have the looks for certain roles, and shouldn't be given them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"