The Amazing Spider-Man 2 What would you have done for TASM3?

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
Personally I would have went with the Black Suit storyline.

Me too. Perfect follow-up to death of Gwen Stacy.

I would have liked a story that properly defined Peter Parker's role as Spider-Man, i.e., one that showed that, after Gwen's death, the city really needed him and he had to do whatever he could to protect the ones he loved.

It would have been a nice way to have wrapped up some sort of trilogy for the TASM series based on Peter having been affected so much by Gwen and Uncle Ben's death.

What that would have meant in terms of scope and the villain(s) involved I don't know but I think Mysterio could have been great in terms of really mentally challenging Peter with his illusions.

I would've retconned everything past Stone's death. Start with Parker suicidal and depressed.

Directed by Darren Aronofski, we enter into a very raw, very personal, drug fueled, orgy loaded odyssey filled with psychedelic visuals and torrid nudity.

At the end Andrew comes to terms with her death by hitting the jackpot, tiger. Whom he himself rescues from her own drug fueled depression.

Oh, and there is a final battle with Rhino at the end. But his part is expanded to go into his past as a child abuser.

I would've retconned everything past Stone's death. Start with Parker suicidal and depressed.

Directed by Darren Aronofski, we enter into a very raw, very personal, drug fueled, orgy loaded odyssey filled with psychedelic visuals and torrid nudity.

At the end Andrew comes to terms with her death by hitting the jackpot, tiger. Whom he himself rescues from her own drug fueled depression.

Oh, and there is a final battle with Rhino at the end. But his part is expanded to go into his past as a child abuser.

Lohan could fit somewhere in this universe :hmm:

I honestly don't know... There was a lot of good material in tasm2 that could've been a third movie altogether. Gwen should've died in a third movie and goblin could've been the antagonist, along with the enforcers.

At first I thought you meant in the "what would you do for a Klondike bar?" sense.

Assuming there's no spinoffs in this scenario and that there would be no ASM4, I'd have introduced a new villain who doesn't get a backstory to be an impersonal threat but also brought Harry back and concluded that story. Maybe even give Rhino a bit part as long as it's less shouting and more wrecking ****. Mary Jane would be in it, and Peter would move on from Gwen with her. Give Felicia a useful supporting role that would suggest a future as Black Cat without letting it chew up screen time. Oscorp gets shut down (or blown up). Mainly I'd want to wrap up everything the series had started with a more or less happy ending that leaves it open for him to continue being Spider-Man after the credits roll.

Symbiote and Sinister Six. Following Gwen's death seems like the perfect time for the Symbiote and it'd feel odd to have all that setup in TASM2 not lead to a Sinister Six team up in the sequel. However I think it'd take a lot of care to not make it feel over-stuffed. So Sinister Six as the villains with Goblin (I prefer Doc Ock as the leader of course but it doesn't make sense with the setup we have here), Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, Vulture and Shocker. Have Shocker be Uncle Ben's killer to finish that dropped subplot, but don't have it be a coincidence. Have Harry deliberately find him and give him the weapons as a way to shake Peter. The Symbiote can be introduced via Oscorp (not that they'd make it, but have them be in possession of it and experimenting on it). Have Peter come in contact with it at some point. It grows to consume him over the course of the film and he has to separate himself from it before the final battle with the Six. Mary Jane can be teased throughout the film but only appear at the end.

The next few I'm rather unsure about rights and such but just dreaming here.

Make a Miles Morales movie set on another Earth.

TASM4 with Eddie Brock Venom. Mary Jane and Peter's relationship just starting to build. Bring back Flash Thompson, having returned from war without his legs. Have Peter working at the Bugle.

Do a Miles sequel, a Spider-Gwen movie and a Flash Thompson Venom movie.

TASM5 perhaps can be a Doc Ock story of some kind.

A third Miles movie and Spider-Gwen sequel, along with a third alternate universe Spider-man movie.

TASM6 can be a bit more ahead in the future and a loose adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt. Peter can propose to MJ in the end of it.

A third Spider-Gwen and another alternate universe Spider-man movie.

And finally the universe can end with a story based on the general idea of Edge of Spider-Verse, crossing over the main TASM series, Miles, Spider-Gwen and the two other alternate universe Spider-man films as well as other universes.

At least that's what I can come up with at almost 2 in the morning. :funny:

Last edited:
Cancelled it and rebooted.

giphy.gif

I would have done a finale which would have ended the series. It would basically be about Peter Parker ceasing to exist and the Spiderman part of his life taking over. I would have had it take place several years after ASM 2 with Peter in grad school. He would still be mourning Gwen and its clear he hasn't bounced back from her death yet.

Harry would engineer and early release which brings it all back for Peter. Harry tells Peter, with the Gentleman present, that he plans on revealing Spiderman's true identity and that he has the proof to back it up. However several days later Harry Osborn and the Gentleman would be found murdered and it would appear that Spiderman did it.

Connors would also be found dead in his cell soon after Peter visits him for guidance.

Early on in the story, Peter would find Ben's killer by happenstance. After beating the guy within an inch of his life he decides not to kill him and instead leaves the guy . However, The guy is found dead hanging in webbing.

The Daily Bugle and the NYPD begin to think Spiderman has gone rouge and has started dishing out street justice. The police decide that they ultimately need to bring him to justice. Peter begins to realize he's being framed by someone who knows him and knows his identity.

Kraven would be the villain who basically figures out who Peter is and would stalk him and attack the those people he cares about in addition to taking out Spiderman's enemies and framing Spiderman for it. He would have animal dna splicing and would be more akin to the Predator, stalking and hunting his prey while playing mind games.

MJ would come into Peter's life as May's neighbor in Queens who takes care of her as her health is failing. MJ like Peter is also haunted by her past and the two become friends who bond over their shared pain. MJ would put together that Peter is Spiderman. The film would end with the two of them deciding to go out for coffee .

Ultimately the story would include elements of Kraven's last Hunt and would be about Peter learning to put the past behind him and learning that Peter Parker has to live again . It would be smaller scale more personal story. No Sinster Six, no Venom, just more of an emotional conclusion in which Peter comes to terms with his past and in alot of ways is reborn after being buried alive by Kraven. He's been a man with nothing to lose and nothing to live for other than being Spiderman. Kraven, in a sense gives Peter Parker the will to live again and makes him realize what he has.

In the end Spiderman is cleared, Kraven, Harry, and Ben's killer are all dead. From this point on he has a clean slate and MJ in his future. It would have to have Garfield as Peter and I would go with Bradely Cooper as Kraven.

Do a Spider-Men movie with Tobey and Andrew, and have Andrew say that Tobey is the better Spider-Man

Spider-Man fights against the Sinister 6.
They fall, Peter enrolls at Oscorp, cures every single one of the villains, and visits the graves of both Gwen and his uncle.
And that makes a prelude to Peter Parker being an executive at Oscorp, not taking the spider venom back to formula, scrapping it.
Yeah, I wanted to do a time jump in the movie, Peter married to MJ, they have a daughter named May, and Peter makes his way up to becoming the C.E.O of Oscorp, being a major shareholder, but not making him a ruthless prick like future Peter was in the game Edge of Time.
Aunt May knows he's Spider-Man, he tells her, and everything is dandy.
The guy in the fedora works for Peter now.
Ben's killer is not forgotten, he dies in a car accident.

I spent the a little while after ASM2 was out in theaters thinking about how the film could be followed up, because I thought they had really put themselves in a corner, despite attempting to plant seeds for things to come. I hardly ever try to think up what the next movie may be, because the film makers are the professionals right? Leave it to them. But after seeing ASM2; after giving the circumstances a lot of thought, I came to the conclusion that any one of us could probably have turned in a more satisfying Spider-Man story.

I envisioned a film taking place immediately after ASM2. While Harry is in prison, Oscorp has been firmly taken over by Menkel (If I'm remembering the character's name correctly), vowing the company will leave behind it's dangerous genetic experiments to focus on robotics. An investigative report by J. Jonah Jameson ties Spider-Man to the death of not only Captain Stacy but his daughter Gwen, and a press conference lead by JJJ, Ms. Stacy, and the NYPD turns the city against Spider-Man. JJJ meets behind closed doors with Oscorp to discuss the Spider Slayer program, developing Scorpion. Mac Gargan, an inmate at RavenCroft, is randomly selected to be their puppet, unbeknownst to Jameson an unwilling person would be used for human experiment. Harry wants "his property", the Sinister Six equipment, back from Oscorp. Fedora Man and Felicia Hardy are his lackeys assigned to the task.

All the while, Peter deals with the chaos that ensues. Through the course of the film he comes to terms with the damage he's done, and good he can do, as Spider-Man.

I put way more effort into it than I expected to, to the point of actually trying to write the whole thing. Maybe it would be a neat original story, when ever properly finished.

Glad we don't need to concern ourselves with Amazing Spider-Man 3 anymore.

I really liked the idea in the Sony hack of doing Kraven's Last Hunt. I thought that could have been very interesting.

I probably wouldn't have done the S6 or GG, as both would come off rushed considering where we left off at the end of TASM2.

It could have been a neat movie, but I think the trouble is, that story is one that really only works given the two characters history together. I'd imagine Sony would have just yoinked the name for a sub-title, with the film's plot having little to do with that actual story. (Like how Age of Ultron makes for a good title, but ((thankfully)) the movie has nothing to do with that actual comic.)

The hack e-mails really go to show that the Spidey situation we have now, is the best of all possible outcomes. Well, outside of Spider-Man reverting 100% back to Marvel Studios.

I really liked the idea in the Sony hack of doing Kraven's Last Hunt. I thought that could have been very interesting.

I probably wouldn't have done the S6 or GG, as both would come off rushed considering where we left off at the end of TASM2.

Agreed. Nobody really wanted Sinister Six. Villains they did in ASM 2 were all rushed. It was too soon for Sinister six. Idea they had of them being anti hero team was worse.

I did. :woot:

I did too, but the Spidey mythos is so big that I guess we can't have everything. After 5 total films, we never got the S6, Kraven, or Carnage. While I'm a huge fan of those two villains, being so close to S6 is a little more frustrating.

I would have liked the S6 overwhelming Spidey for most of TASM3 until he finally got some help Black Cat, Spider-woman, or Scarlet Spider, but hopefully we'll see Spidey shoulder-to-shoulder with 1 or more of those characters in the future.

I would have it be Shattered Dimensions. A still alive Norman Osborn in the Raimi universe blames Spider-Man for Harry's death, so he uses an old experimental Oscorp project for inter-dimensional travel and jumps into the Amazing universe with the plan of destroying every Spider-Man in every universe and forcing Raimi Spider-Man to watch.

The Spiders would be:
Raimi Spider-Man-Tobey Maguire
Amazing/Webb Spider-Man-Andrew Garfield
Spider-Gwen-Emma Stone
Miles Morales Spider-Man-Donald Glover
And 2099 Spider-Man-I don't know. Any ides?

The problem with the inter-dimensional travel is that it starts to tear open space and time, which alerts Miguel O'Hara in the future and starts to alert Miles and Spider-Gwen. So, he travels back in time to fix it. Raimi Norman Osborn breaks Amazing/Webb Harry out of Ravencroft and they use that universe's Oscorp technology to create the Sinister Six to battle against the Spider Five. Harry is given the acceptance and love that he never got from his Norman and Norman is able to give Harry the acceptance and love he neglected to give his Harry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"