The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man Cinematic Universe

honestly I bet the sinister six will have already formed by tasm 3 and will be the main plot in tasm 4 and that's it

That's interesting.

The problem with Spider-Man spin-offs I think is that the main contenders (Venom and Black Cat) are too similar in to Spider-Man. It's not like the MCU, DCCU or FMCU where we have different characters with different abilitys in the same universe. They could think about using Spider-Man villains to try and combat this problem. I also really doubt Sony have the rights to Captain Marvel.

Yeah, I think Marvel has the rights to both Carol Danvers and Monica Rambeau. However, Carol is most likely to be a part of this current incarnation of the MCU than Monica. We probably won't see Monica in the MCU for another decade (if the MCU lasts that long) by which names like Keke Palmer, Amandla Sternberg and Logan Browning will be connected.

Browning is 24, Palmer is 20 and Sternberg is 15. Think about that. If Marvel decides to add Monica Rambeau to the MCU in 2023, Browning will be 34, Palmer 30 and Sternberg 25. All three would be the right age to play her in a decade.

Now, if Monica was to belong to Sony, we may see her being rolled out onto the big screen long before 2023, by which every black actress between the ages of 25-40 who isn't in a Marvel movie from any one of the three universes will be linked. That means names like Paula Patton, Rosario Dawson, Kerry Washington (the three likely names atop Marvel's list for Monica should she ever debut in the current incarnation of the MCU) as well as fast risers like Nicole Beharie and Meagan Good (to name a few).

Having said that, I think Monica belongs to Marvel, which means we won't see her on the big screen for at least a decade.

The Hollywood Reporter has an interesting Spinoff option:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/who-could-be-spider-mans-659534

Captain_Marvel_special_1.jpg

If that turns out to be true, it may explain why she has yet to appear in the MCU, because I think that Marvel blew several opportunities to debut her in the MCU.
Thing is if characters who first appeared in Spidey comics were Sony's, doesn't that mean they'd be entitlted to characters like Cloak and Dagger as well as The Punisher? I really can't see Monica being Sony's.

I think a SMCU should consist of the following 'brands':
The Amazing Spider-Man
Black Cat
The Wild Pack
Spider-Girl
Morbius

That gives you a bunch of different avenues for storytelling without getting too repetitive, and allows you to use a wide array of different characters across the board.

Sony should just buy Daredevil and make his movies, Marvel doesnt seem much interested in him

Or Sony and Marvel just team-up, expand both universes even further, and both reap the benefits of such a merger/deal afterward aka all the studios that teamed up with Marvel to create the Avengers movies.

Or Sony and Marvel just team-up, expand both universes even further, and both reap the benefits of such a merger/deal afterward aka all the studios that teamed up with Marvel to create the Avengers movies.

Movie studio logic: I'd rather have 100% of my small pie than a tiny piece another studio's pie thats 10X the size. :o

This reason alone is why we can't have Spider-Man with The Avengers.

Movie studio logic: I'd rather have 100% of my small pie than a tiny piece another studio's pie thats 10X the size. :o

This reason alone is why we can't have Spider-Man with The Avengers.

True. Stupid studios. :cmad::argh:

Thought of a weird one:

(hypothetical of course) Amazing Spider-Man 6:
after 5 films of build-up, Doc Ock leads the Sinister Six against Spidey. Spider-Man comes out on top in the final battle against the Six. He wins the battle but not the war. Doc Ock, realizing he is defeated, swaps minds with Spider-Man Superior style.

Superior Spider-Man ("Amazing Spider-Man 7"):
Otto becomes the superior spider-man we know from the current comics. He becomes far too brutal (as he does in 616) and must be stopped. Possible candidates to save the day: Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider, Flash Thompson Venom, Black Cat (would be my choice), Peter's subconscious inside Otto's head.

I know Superior has it's haters, but it'd definitely be one way to broaden the S-MCU horizons.

Thought of a weird one:

(hypothetical of course) Amazing Spider-Man 6:
after 5 films of build-up, Doc Ock leads the Sinister Six against Spidey. Spider-Man comes out on top in the final battle against the Six. He wins the battle but not the war. Doc Ock, realizing he is defeated, swaps minds with Spider-Man Superior style.

Superior Spider-Man ("Amazing Spider-Man 7"):
Otto becomes the superior spider-man we know from the current comics. He becomes far too brutal (as he does in 616) and must be stopped. Possible candidates to save the day: Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider, Flash Thompson Venom, Black Cat (would be my choice), Peter's subconscious inside Otto's head.

I know Superior has it's haters, but it'd definitely be one way to broaden the S-MCU horizons.

Anything to do with mind swapping is risky, especially something carrying over to the next film. It can be done, but I don't think they'll ever go in that direction. It's reserved for TV shows, IMO. There's too many villains out there dying to get on the big screen that need to be used. I like the premise though, just not for the big screen.

Thing is if characters who first appeared in Spidey comics were Sony's, doesn't that mean they'd be entitlted to characters like Cloak and Dagger as well as The Punisher? I really can't see Monica being Sony's.

Then we won't see Monica in the MCU for another ten years.

um, we'll likely never see monica in the MCU. That is the definition of bottom of the barrel for marvel. Carol, Mar-Vell, and the brand new Kamala Khan all have a more likely shot of getting a film in this century than Monica.

um, we'll likely never see monica in the MCU. That is the definition of bottom of the barrel for marvel. Carol, Mar-Vell, and the brand new Kamala Khan all have a more likely shot of getting a film in this century than Monica.

I guess we'll have to settle for Rashida Jones as Wasp and (probably) Misty Knight as the black women of the MCU.

True. But also a primarily (if not exclusively) African ensemble for Black Panther, and (hopefully) some asian cultural representation in Dr. Strange.

We'll see.

I can't see Monica being part of anything but the Captain Marvel rights. She's tied up with Carol Danvers at Marvel.

The best options are Venom, Silver Sable and Black Cat.

True. But also a primarily (if not exclusively) African ensemble for Black Panther, and (hopefully) some asian cultural representation in Dr. Strange.

We'll see.

What about a spin-off film for the Prowler? :o (Have no idea how that would even work)

He's definitely a Sony owned character.

I'm only interested to see Spider-Man movies. Spin-off movies rarely get my interest unless they are really good. I hope Sony will just stick to releasing more Amazing Spider-Man movies.

What about a spin-off film for the Prowler? :o (Have no idea how that would even work)

He's definitely a Sony owned character.
I think Prowler has potential. He has a very interesting backstory, and he would be a great add to African-American comic book characters being put on the big screen. Making a prowler film could also be Sony's way of planting the seed for a Miles Morales movie if they ever went into that direction.

I really don't see any Spider-Man spin-offs working. Sony should just be happy they have Spider-Man and stick with it. Trying to make movies out of Venom or Black Cat or something is just reaching to try and copy Marvel and Fox too much.

A Venom film has been in the works long before the existence of a "marvel cinematic universe," so I don't think its fair to say its copying them. I could see Venom or Black Cat working as long as their characters are well established in the main Spider-Man series.

Conceivably, making small films about each of the smaller characters within Spider-Man's universe could work well. Instead of doing the Marvel approach and shelling out a trillion, billion dollars for each of their premiere properties, doing a handful of small films focusing on characters that the public might not be fully aware of could work. It depends on the people Sony has in its writing stable.

Conceivably, making small films about each of the smaller characters within Spider-Man's universe could work well. Instead of doing the Marvel approach and shelling out a trillion, billion dollars for each of their premiere properties, doing a handful of small films focusing on characters that the public might not be fully aware of could work. It depends on the people Sony has in its writing stable.
I agree with this.

The only real ways that I could see a "Spider-Man Cinematic Universe" truly work or function is if A) Sony still had the film rights to Ghost Rider, which they don't and B) Sony did a "Shattered Dimensions" concept that somehow merged the Sam Raimi Spidey universe w/ the Marc Webb/Amazing Spidey universe:
https://ohilodude.wordpress.com/2014/10/05/what-would-be-the-best-spider-man-movie/

Another way to actually make a proper "Spidey Cinematic Universe" would be if Sony somehow made a deal w/ Fox to use or "borrow" some of their X-Men characters like Iceman so that we could actually get a live-action Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"