What would your dream house look like?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

so if you could live in any type of house you wanted what would it look like? For me, I think it would be so amazing to live in a lighthouse

Reactions: CJ
I'd settle for a cottage close to the ocean, but not a tourist spot. Ideally said cottage would have an ample sized garden for me to grow some stuff, but likewise I'd be close enough (but not too close) to a local town if I needed supplies.

If not an ocean, then atop of a valley somewhere with some beautiful views to wake up too each and every morning. I'm not a city person.

I've been watching 'Escape the Country' on DABL a bit lately. I'd love a home with lots of acres like what is often shown on that program. Somewhere in maybe Ireland or Scotland. No neighbors for miles.

A two story home with a basement, fireplace, windows in the ceiling, two car garage with a black mustang and red corvette

And a room full of 80s/90s arcade cabinets

And a 50's style jukebox

For now, the place I live in is perfect for me. I love the city and the view from my window is rather spectacular. Would I spend the rest of my life here? Probably no.

Maybe something like CJ over here shared, that sounds great. But, I'd choose Austria.

Somewhere quite, with a good mix of both urban and wilderness around me.

b8n07bbj9gb21.jpg

Manderley from ‘Rebecca’ is my ideal home.

I still dream of it.

It’s funny a lot of people seem to be dreaming of somewhere quieter and more quaint. Apparently that’s a thing, like there’s a whole community of people out there into that called cottagecore. You can read about it here

Cottagecore

Hi everyone,

so if you could live in any type of house you wanted what would it look like? For me, I think it would be so amazing to live in a lighthouse

Can people live in lighthouses? Wouldn't you have to worry about storms and whatnot on occasion?

My dream house would be very spacious and minimalistic. I'd have the living room, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, closet, all white eXcept for few things. My kitchen appliances won't be white. Right now they are all black/stainless steel but my plates/bowls are white. For the furniture, I want them to have a wood teXture (well they should be made from wood), like earthy vibes but I don't want any plants in my house. I'd have big white leather sofas/chair that are easy to maintain. My bedroom would have more color since i don't want white bed sheet/pillow sheets and my gadgets/working chair aren't white. I want a separate room for my clothes/things like a closet. I don't want a swimming pool. I just want to have a nice view of the city, well I kinda have a nice view (I live in a condominium) but I want better views for my dream house.

Right now, my house is quite minimalistic. Lots of people say why I don't have a lot of things. And I just say because that's how I want it to be and I'm just by myself. And also, a lot of my stuff are hidden in the closet/drawers/cabinets anyway, eXcept for few things. I like my things organized inside the drawers/cabinets. I think 90% of my furniture are made from wood. I only have 1 plastic drawer in the laundry room. The other day, I bought this clock that has a really nice wood teXture, and its now in my bed room because it matches my cabinets/desks.

I’m truly blessed to say that I am absolutely content with my current house. I never thought that I’d ever have the job that I have or the house that I live in now.

When I was a kid there were 8 of us living in a 3 bedroom house. My next door neighbor would get liquored up every night and shoot at his wife. My brother and I would listen to it. When you are a kid it was entertaining. I had more than one murder in my neighborhood and I once found a dead body while I was jogging. As far as my house, I slept on the couch until I was 15 years old. Then I finally got my first bed. So the fact that I have a house that has more bedrooms (5) than people living in it (4) amazes me.

I love a modern villain house. Like Nathan's house from Ex Machina, Eron Keen's house from Upgrade, and Adrian Griffin's house from The Invisible Man. My apartment is decorated almost entirely with black, gold, and glass, so I'd probably continue with the theme. I do like a pop of color here and there, but it's secondary to the two primary colors. I like statues and paintings, I'd get more of those if I had the extra space. The house could be anywhere, as long as there's beautiful nature and the nearest premium screen isn't too far away.

Option 3
Where would you rather live: Tony's Malibu Home or the Wayne Manor...
Wayne
8d6k7f.gif

Stark
8d6fhs.gif

Combine the two...

Move the old classic sprawling Wayne Manor, atop a Southern California ocean view paradise.

And together becomes the original masked avengers lair and manor -

De La Vega Hacienda:
7nd05w.gif
giphy.gif

He's got the SoCal ocean view, with gorgeous cali sunsets, cliff-side cove paradise, with personal waterfall, sprawling vineyards, pastures, horse range, on a vast rancho.

Although I'd add all the modern amenities.
;)

Last edited:
I like where I'm living now, but there are a lot of houses in Santa Cruz with a nice ocean view that are reasonably affordable. I'm kind of like @Babillygunn ......I grew up in a neighborhood that a lot of people didn't make it out of alive. I have a nice home with plenty of room and our office can easily serve as a guest room. We have citrus trees, converted the garage to a really nice living area and the dogs have a nice, walled in front and back yard they can play in.

That being said, my heart lives in Santa Cruz, CA and I'd love an ocean view, a nice outdoor lounging area (which I have), and a glassed indoor pool with a view. Still, I never believed I would live in a home that I'm embarrassed to admit how much it's worth so I can't really complain.

My dream house would be very spacious and minimalistic. I'd have the living room, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, closet, all white eXcept for few things. My kitchen appliances won't be white. Right now they are all black/stainless steel but my plates/bowls are white. For the furniture, I want them to have a wood teXture (well they should be made from wood), like earthy vibes but I don't want any plants in my house. I'd have big white leather sofas/chair that are easy to maintain. My bedroom would have more color since i don't want white bed sheet/pillow sheets and my gadgets/working chair aren't white. I want a separate room for my clothes/things like a closet. I don't want a swimming pool. I just want to have a nice view of the city, well I kinda have a nice view (I live in a condominium) but I want better views for my dream house.

Right now, my house is quite minimalistic. Lots of people say why I don't have a lot of things. And I just say because that's how I want it to be and I'm just by myself. And also, a lot of my stuff are hidden in the closet/drawers/cabinets anyway, eXcept for few things. I like my things organized inside the drawers/cabinets. I think 90% of my furniture are made from wood. I only have 1 plastic drawer in the laundry room. The other day, I bought this clock that has a really nice wood teXture, and its now in my bed room because it matches my cabinets/desks.
So that still applies.

But lets say I become a millionaire(US dollars). My dream house would still be very simple. I don't want a garden, I don't want a swimming pool, I don't want a basketball/tennis court. I want my dream house to be very spacious yet simple and easy to maintain. I want it to look very peaceful and zen.

So that still applies.

But lets say I become a millionaire(US dollars). My dream house would still be very simple. I don't want a garden, I don't want a swimming pool, I don't want a basketball/tennis court. I want my dream house to be very spacious yet simple and easy to maintain. I want it to look very peaceful and zen.
No basketball court???
IMG_4115.gif
Lol. Having a Gorilla basketball goal in my driveway is a dream come true for me. I love it.

I'm just not into sports and none of closest relatives, are into sports as well. So it would be a waste for me.

I also think having a basketball court will add so much to the property tax.
I guess technically my “court” is my driveway, but the goal itself is really high quality.

I once knew a guy and would play ball at his house. He had a large building in his backyard that was climate controlled and he had purchased half of Rupp Arena’s old floor and he had it set up to play in there.
He had a portion of sideline hanging on his wall signed by the 1996 and 1998 national championship teams. When you’d go to his house to play on his floor, you got to sign the sideline alongside those guys. So I signed underneath Ron Mercer and Antoine Walker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"