Serenity

Invictus
This Is It
It's Complicated
Sherlock Holmes

and...

Phone Booth

Suburban Commando on HBO

I wonder if the Nostalgia Critic's review had anything to do with this C-movie returning to television. A forgettable Hulk Hogan vehicle--and boy is his acting less than stellar here--but it has its moments, such as the freaking [BLACKOUT]Undertaker[/BLACKOUT] talking in a child's voice and the general presence of Christopher Lloyd.

Up_Poster.JPG

5/5

Trumanshow.jpg

5/5

17 Again- This actually wasn't that bad. Zac Efron isn't as horrible of an actor as I thought he was.

I rented it last night.
It was released here early.

Was it any good? I mean in comparison to Land of the Dead since he won't ever touch the greatness he once had with the original three.

Land was just Ok in my opinion and I didn't exactly care too much for Diary of the Dead. I just don't know if I'm up for another.

I wish he had stopped at Land of the Dead. Fans were wanting a fourth film for years and when he finally gives it to us he goes overboard by making zombie film after zombie film. I want him to move onto something different. I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I actually liked his film "Bruiser".

Diary of the Dead was just plain embarassing.

Zombieland - A cute movie, though I didn't like the gore. The part where [BLACKOUT]Columbus shot Bill Murray[/BLACKOUT] had me rolling on the floor laughing. Tallahassee was my favorite character so [BLACKOUT]I'm glad he didn't get killed by all those zombies at the amusement park.[/BLACKOUT]

Zombieland - A cute movie, though I didn't like the gore. The part where [BLACKOUT]Columbus shot Bill Murray[/BLACKOUT] had me rolling on the floor laughing. Tallahassee was my favorite character so [BLACKOUT]I'm glad he didn't get killed by all those zombies at the amusement park.[/BLACKOUT]
Well, it is a movie called Zombieland and it deals with Zombies, so a little gore was expected.

tronposter.jpg

4.5/5

At first glance, this film may seem laughable. But, when you consider that this film was made in 1982, back when CGI was in its infancy, that the amount of resources the makers of this film had at their disposal was limited, and that nobody even at the time really even understood the concept or what it was about, Tron truly is a relic of its time.

I mean, just to think, if this film hadn't been made, Pixar probably wouldn't even exist, and movies like Toy Story and Monster's Inc. would still only exist as ideas in the minds of those who made them.

Some clunky dialogue here and there, but that's just a minor quibble. Bruce Boxleitner is great as the rebellious and heroic titular character, Jeff Bridges as Flynn is really entertaining to watch, and David Warner is deliciously devious as the sensational Sark. Some of favorite scenes include the lightcycle race and the solar sailor sequence. The half traditional, half electronic score, done by Wendy Carlos, definitely compliments the film well.

I highly recommend this film, especially with Tron Legacy arriving in theaters this December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"