The Dark Knight - uncut/uncensored versions?

i'm all for using my imagination when it's the director's intention. many movies do cutaway shots for effect & it works. this, on the other hand, is a case where i feel like i'm watching something on network television. it's cut as an afterthought and doesn't look like it was done by the original editor. ...just my opinion. it doesn't flow.

i don't see it being a big deal to make an 'unrated' version...it doesn't have to be 'R'. lots of PG-13 movies are released on BD & DVD as only unrated editions...and many of them don't have anything that would justify being anything more than PG-13. ...because 'unrated' is a popular marketing ploy...nobody would have had a problem with this movie saying 'unrated' on the cover.

we need an ultimate edition. a BD where you can choose between the IMAX or the straight 2.40:1, rated or unrated. blu ray can do the seemless branching so it wouldn't need to take up that much extra space to enable these options.
i'd like to see this, with stuff like the scene of joker leaving the party etc. (we got a still from that durring the ARG and it's written in the novelization)
not that i'm unhappy with what we have now, i'd just like to know what else there might have been.

in the doubtful event that this does happen i imagine our best chance at it would be a release just before batman3... and if blu ray 3d takes off we might get this in 3d too :)

i wouldn't call that "uncensored"...there is a part where joker is coming toward batman on the street and he clearly says the f-word, but his voice drops out, like it would on a tv cut. there is also the part where the joker says 'why so serious' and cuts that guy's mouth...very obvious cutaway and suppression of the cutting sound effect.

i've seen enough censored cuts as opposed to director's preferred cuts to know this was last minute stuff to satisfy the MPAA...they had to make it PG-13 to attract the typical batman audience, and the movie was overall too intense and dark...something had to go. i want an edition with those parts restored. as adults, we should get the choice.

I was wondering what that was... I figured it was a Wal-Mart censoring gimmick to present themselves as "christian." So this happens on every copy??? Imperialistic Wal-Mart or not?:doh:

And tommyblah. Say whaaat? Can I get a timestamp for that alleged Joker "F" utterance? I can't imagine Nolan would've even halfway thought he could get away with anything like that and have never noticed it.
watch the part after batman's been ejected from his vehicle onto that two-wheel motorcycle thing...the joker taunts him to run him over and he purposely misses him. right after that...can't miss it.

I know it's never shown but implied that I always assumed Joker just stabbed Gambol through the mouth, I know everybody can think of horrible things but what does everybody else think?

I bought the new two pack on bluray and the rating is still M15+
the cut of the film is exactly the same as when first released also.... not sure where this other uncut/ma15+ thing came from

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"