Transformers What's the New footage on IMAX (Spoilers!!!)

tviceman always speaks like he knows all and is a part of the industry. We gotta believe him. :whatever: Eeuck. Nauseating.

I do work in the industry, visual f/x companies mainly, and he is telling it like it is. They wouldn't finish f/x heavy shots and not use them, unless they intended on adding them later to a special release.

I do work in the industry, visual f/x companies mainly, and he is telling it like it is. They wouldn't finish f/x heavy shots and not use them, unless they intended on adding them later to a special release.

Common sense FTW! And in this case, I just don't think a "special" IMAX version was planned while filming took place. The budget just didn't allow for that. At most, look for an added/alternate ending, more human scenes, maybe a tiny bit more dialogue between the robots, and perhaps the last 20-30 minutes being 3D (but that may be stretching it).

wasn't there some set pictures form the BB-Barricade battle that showed BB reversing with Barricade chasing him? Don't remember that bit form the movie so maybe they'l put that back in?

They need to show how it suddenly goes from daylight to nightime so quickly in that chase/battle.

I have to agree that the Aussie woman was better looking in the movie that Fox

Australians are the descedants of criminals....

.."Criminals are hot!"

Originaly, yes, but than people who were very innocent started coming over from heaps of countries, and it now has less criminals in it than America:oldrazz: Oh, and the criminals that were over here in the beggining were only guilty of stealing bread.

Just a thought here, but shouldn't this thread be called, "What's the New footage on IMAX (Speculation!!!)"???
Just curious.

Just a thought here, but shouldn't this thread be called, "What's the New footage on IMAX (Speculation!!!)"???
Just curious.

Normally I would say "yep"...but most of the speculation is based of the original leaked script, the comic adaption of the movie, the book based on the movie, and hopefully maybe some great investigation...

This feels like the month long wait (before 7-4-7) all over again...

I can see the point of some saying that "they wouldn't release a film with new special effects"...but think of you will about some different things we've heard.

1. Michael Bay not totally happy with the film as a whole (this was stated after multiple screenings, so what would keep him from continuing developement knowing that he could put the stuff on a DVD release)

2. They went up to the wire finishing this film...so I can definately see them shelving certain scenes to put the movie back on schedule (they did move it a couple days to compete with HP)

3. Some of the scenes may be extended versions cut because bay thought they made the scene drag too much. There are many unresolved situations in this movie that really seem like they were part of a much bigger scene (ala prime describing who the autobots are but not in great detail...that wouldn't be too bad of a cut).

I don't know if i would say there is going to be a whole lot of new scenes with the bots, but I would heavily suggest that some extended footage may exist or may have been worked on since the opening of the film (if george lucas can do it...)

I would almost guarantee some new footage with human interaction...such as:

1. Scenes with the marines...
2. Scenes with the S7 location
3. Scenes at Grandmama's house

the alternate scene that i wish they would've kept in the movie was bumblee scanning the Camero from a car lot, rather than up on two wheels...I'm sorry but if I saw a car coming at me on two wheels, i'd be pulled over like and stopped not driving like everyday's rush-hour... maybe they though it was too much like jazz's scan.

Common sense FTW! And in this case, I just don't think a "special" IMAX version was planned while filming took place. The budget just didn't allow for that. At most, look for an added/alternate ending, more human scenes, maybe a tiny bit more dialogue between the robots, and perhaps the last 20-30 minutes being 3D (but that may be stretching it).

I do think that the IMAX thing was planned...I even called it before the movie came out. Whether it was special or not, i doubt that originally it was going to be a "special version" but I bet they had some unfished effects that didn't quite make it to the cut.

And that being said...if your movie makes 300mil, and it takes another 1 mil to finish off some few partially done scenes hoping it will at least provide an extra 5 mil boost on IMAX sales...they'll take the return on that. They will find the budget.

But this is all merely speculation... :)

I do think that the IMAX thing was planned...I even called it before the movie came out. Whether it was special or not, i doubt that originally it was going to be a "special version" but I bet they had some unfished effects that didn't quite make it to the cut.

And that being said...if your movie makes 300mil, and it takes another 1 mil to finish off some few partially done scenes hoping it will at least provide an extra 5 mil boost on IMAX sales...they'll take the return on that. They will find the budget.

But this is all merely speculation... :)

Well I said two weeks before it was released the movie would be top three for domestic grosses this year, but what you and I predict doesn't mean squat. I wish I could agree with you on a specially planned IMAX version, but

1) Paramount wasn't banking on this movie making $300 million. Other studios PASSED on this movie - meaning there wasn't a high amount of faith for this franchise to make the incredible amount of money that it has. I remember tracking for this movie about two months prior to it's release was around $240 million. Any new franchise, especially one based off a kid's toy line, isn't liekly to have a specially made version for rerelease. Case in point, neither Pirates of the Caribbean nor Spiderman 1 had a special version made for rerelease and both of those movies made mega $$$. Spiderman 1 is the highest grossing movie since Titanic, and the 7th highest grossing movie EVER.

2) The budget was really tight to begin with. Michael Bay cut his director fee's by 20% to keep the filming here in the U.S. And, genereally speaking, filming the U.S. generally costs more than filming overseas.

I'm not saying there aren't robot snipits that didn't get cut out, I'm just saying it's extremely likely you saw you ever major action scene they created involving direct, onscreen, Transformer action. However, I'm not arguing for the sake to be right. It's just what I think and what common sense dictates. I hope I'm wrong.

What has the movie made? i heard something about $400 million or something a while back.

Wonder if they'll up the budget on TF2 ?

What has the movie made? i heard something about $400 million or something a while back.

Wonder if they'll up the budget on TF2 ?

Over $300 million domestic, close to $700 million worldwide, and of course they'll up the budget. The great thing is, the returning Transformers have already been created and digitized by ILM so that'll save lots of time and money. I'd imagine it'll be anywhere from $185-$225 million. I just hope some of the money is put to use to make a better story and character development.

If you think about the Star Wars prequels, they had F/X scenes finished for DVD release, so it is possible that some robot scenes were storyboarded and background plates were shot for them, but weren't finished and might be for a DVD release.

If you think about the Star Wars prequels, they had F/X scenes finished for DVD release, so it is possible that some robot scenes were storyboarded and background plates were shot for them, but weren't finished and might be for a DVD release.

This is what I think will happen.

Is there more to the autobots introduction scene than what made into the final cut?

Is there more to the autobots introduction scene than what made into the final cut?

In the movie based comic, and the leaked original script...they had a bit more dialog explaining why they are named autobots and decepticons...

Well, for starters we get a scene of Sam, sitting in Bumblebee, beating off to a picture of Mikela's head pasted onto Jennifer Tilly's naked body. He blows his wad all over the steering wheel and BB sends out a sonic blast that causes his balls to explode.

There's also different footage with Primes closing narration with Sam doing Mikela doggy style on Bumblebee's hood as she eats out the Austrailian chick, who's lying on the top of the car, while Mikela's tit's smack on and off the windshield.

Also, wonder why you didn't see Prime while he said "One shall stand, one shall fall"? It's because he had one arm around Megatrons neck as he ripped off his shiney metal C-O-C-K and crams it up Meg's chrome plated A-S-S-H-O-L-E!!!

Oh and Jesus comes back as a Transformers that turns into a cross.

You have a strange imagination.....

Hey maybe thats^^^^ why it was gonna get an 'R' rating originally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"