What's with Venom's voice?!

S

SecretWarSpidey

another thing that really grinds my gears is that when venom becomes venom he doesn't sound a bit different and he never says we like classic venom...WHY RAMI WHY!!!!

Actually, "classic Venom" also used singular pronouns.

He does sound a bit different. It's deeper and a bit rapsy. Also, Venom didn't need to say "we" because in ASM Issue #300, Venom didn't say "we", he said I.

another thing that really grinds my gears is that when venom becomes venom he doesn't sound a bit different and he never says we like classic venom...WHY RAMI WHY!!!!
One thing that grinds my gears is people constantly making new threads over the same stuff. There have been multiple Venom threads, a few dedicated to his voice, what he might say, what it would sound like, and even a remake thread. Is it so hard to do a search?

excuse me for being new here, and barely knowing how to navigate the site

I just have one question: how do people know what Venom is supposed to sound like? As far as I know, you can't hear what people are saying in comics.

i get it mostly from TAS and all the spiderman games

I do agree. I would've liked to have seen Venom's voice more "alien," as it were. Kinda like the 90's animated series. It certainly would've made him alot more creepier than he already is.
I would suspect that Raimi didn't change his voice for the same reason we saw so much of Brock's face,and why Peter and Harry could never seem to keep their masks on: He wanted their human qualities/appearances to show,rather than their superhuman powers or abilities.

People here flip a **** when the movies deviate at all from the comics, so why would adhering to TAS be acceptable?
There will be comic purists, cartoon junkies, and movie fanatics that all want it their own way...always. There were more important things in SM3 that needed to be addressed before Venom's voice:o

We've been through this before. It's just like when people were bickering over organic webbing and the green goblin power ranger, right down to Doc Ock being a rip-off of the sentinels from the matrix. Believe it or not. Sometimes people just wont let go. So to see this thread, it isn't anything new.

People here flip a **** when the movies deviate at all from the comics, so why would adhering to TAS be acceptable?

He's talking about voice work, not the writing. Most of the voices in the animated series were pretty spot on for the characters.

The Venom voice in the movie did sound awful, which is why I think the majority of the time when he spoke, it was as Eddie. The symbiote pulled back from his face.

Plus, it was giving Topher more face time, rather than make him a tool of CGI.

This is why Venom should not have been in the film. People were complaining that he didnt have enough screentime but even if he had the whole film devoted to himself, people would still be complaining about his voice, face coming up, his body structure isn't strong enough, its not true to the comics, etc.

I didn't mind the voice...but I would've preferred it to be distorted, or at least make it less human sounding. Regardless, Venom didn't talk to much. It was mostly Eddie Brock, himself.

There will be comic purists, cartoon junkies, and movie fanatics that all want it their own way...always. There were more important things in SM3 that needed to be addressed before Venom's voice:o

Fanboy logic dictates that despite all it's problems, if Venom was in SM3 for 5 more minutes it would have been an awesome movie. :whatever:

Actually, it would've been nice if they retained the scenes with Eddie Brock showing up at the Stacy's residence, and if SM3 also kept the original Sandman and Venom meeting in the park. But that's a different topic for another thread.

I too would have preferred a more distorted, menacingly alien type of voice. Using Topher's voice just made me feel like I was watching Eric Forman throwing a temper tantrum.

Fanboy logic dictates that despite all it's problems, if Venom was in SM3 for 5 more minutes it would have been an awesome movie. :whatever:

If SM3 wasn't horribly bad it would have been an awesome movie but thats just my opinion....Loved the first two....hated the third

The voice, look, actor, design, screentime and above all personality was all - WRONG!

If SM3 wasn't horribly bad it would have been an awesome movie but thats just my opinion....Loved the first two....hated the third

Yeah it could have been good IF:

*They wrote a better more logical script! (#1 important element)
*Had better actors
*Didn't stuff loads and loads into 1 movie
*Saved Venom as a main villain for the 4th
*When Spidey got the black suit he kept it on, didn't switch between costumes and developed it for a longer time!
*Enough of the crap, stupid, unfunny humor!
*Fights scenes were good (minus first Harry)
*We had more Spidey and Spidey web swinging!

- Too many to name, the movies bad, bad and really BAD!

I liked Venom's voice. It wasn't over the top, wich I appreciated, and it made for a cool voice.

My problem was the fricking dinosaur roars of his. He just seemed cheesy. He also looked...I don't know...but in the fight sequence he moved in this very cartoonish way, like when Harry shoots those things at him before Venom kills him, the way he reacts, the animation just seemed off. Or..Oh I don't know hot to put it...

What's with Venom's voice? How about just, what's with Venom? He was awful in this movie. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"