What's your favorite costume for each Avenger!?

and yet, to be clear, despite my feelings on the costume... that shot from your Avvy is one of the greatest moments in superhero movie history... he could be wearing a leopard print banana hammock and i'd still be shouting "F**K YES!!" in the theater, lol

I agree, I was like wow "THIS IS THOR, this is the guy I've been waiting to see since Thor 1!".

I still don't get how and why Stormbreaker added sleeves to his armor. It was so incredibly random.
The same way Mjolnir gave Thor sleeves in Thor 1. It's kind of a mystery in itself.
Wielding a weapon of great power apparently grants Thor a new suit, sleeves, cape...

The same way Mjolnir gave Thor sleeves in Thor 1. It's kind of a mystery in itself.
Wielding a weapon of great power apparently grants Thor a new suit, sleeves, cape...
I don't remember that at all. When does it happen?

It made more sense then though, Thor had sleeves at the time he was stripped of his power so it only makes sense for him to get them back. Thor never had armored sleeves at any point during Infinity War or even Ragnarok, so randomly getting armored sleeves after not having them for two films was strange.

It made more sense then though, Thor had sleeves at the time he was stripped of his power so it only makes sense for him to get them back. Thor never had armored sleeves at any point during Infinity War or even Ragnarok, so randomly getting armored sleeves after not having them for two films was strange.
In that regard of him being stripped of his power and Mjolnir and then regaining both back, it does indeed make more sense the regaining of the sleeves, armour...

Well for most of Ragnarok and IW Thor didn't have a hammer/axe. So that kind of explains things. And we have seen, many times, that Thor does also go to battle with and without his sleeves. From watching some clips of Thor fighting it seems like he does use his armored sleeves in more dire situations and of course while wielding a weapon of great power. Then again against Ultron and his bots he wasn't wearing the sleeves. So yeah it's a bit of a "mystery".

Iron Man - Mark 50
Thor - The Dark World look, although IW’s is a close second
Cap - Stealth Suit, but I dug the bearded, grizzled look from IW too
Hulk - Gladiator Hulk
Black Widow - Avengers look
Hawkeye - Endgame
Scarlet Witch - Her costume at the end of Age of Ultron
War Machine - His costume at the end of Age of Ultron
Black Panther - Civil War
Spider-Man - Iron Spider
Loki - The Dark World
Thanos - Costume and skin complexion were best in GOTG, but the CGI was best in IW

Last edited:
Iron Man: Mark 7 or Nano Suit in Infinity War

Thor: Infinity War pre armor up seen in Wakanda

Captain America: TFA & CIVIL WAR

Falcon: TWS

Hulk: The Ultimate Hulk vs Wolvarine style gettup from Ragnarok & the gladiator gettup

Black Widow: No preference

Hawkeye: Avengers 1

Scarlet Witch: No preference

Spider-Man: Infinity War Iron Spider

Black Panther: Civil War by far

War Machine: Infinity War by Far

Winter Soldier: No preference

Last edited:
Don’t reallt care about the rest but...

Black Widow: Winter Soldier (all of them are good minus AoU... hate that look so much. Too techy for her)
Scarlet Witch: Infinity War

I'm trying to find a comparison pic between Wanda's two outfits... outside of hair color i'm not really seeing a difference between the two

Iron Man - MK III (Iron Man)

latest

Captain America and Black Widow - Stealth suits (The Winter Soldier)

gallery_movies-captain-america-the-winter-soldier.jpg

Thor - Sleeveless (Age of Ultron)

age-of-ultron-thor-cardboard-cutout-10.jpg

Black Panther - Shuri's suit (Black Panther)

latest

Doctor Strange - Suit with the gloves (Ragnarok)

latest

Spider-Man - Iron Spider (Infinity War)

Iron-Spider-Infinity-War.jpg

War Machine - MK I (Iron Man 2)

main-qimg-7698f2f47d2615ed990a9fdd13d8ef16

Hawkeye - Ronin (Endgame)

tumblr_pjdlxaHX351sqn6klo1_500.gif

Falcon - Avengers outfit (Civil War)

Scarlet Witch - Avengers outfit (Ending scene of Age of Ultron)

elizabeth-olsen-scarlet-witch.jpg

Silver Centurion Iron Man! Should've been the main armour for at least one movie..

latest

As for Cap, I do like the AoU/Civil War version and the stealth suit, but the colours are a bit muted....the original is bold and optimistic. Even if the strap across the star is inexplicable.

Cap: Civil War

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther: Civil War

Iron Man: They’re all the same to me, but my least favorite is probably the most recent one.

Black Widow: Winter Soldier

Hulk: Ragnarok

Scarlet Witch: Civil War

Hawkeye: Civil War

Doctor Strange/Vision/Spider-Man/Falcon/Ant-Man/War Machine: They’re all the same to me.

I still don't get how and why Stormbreaker added sleeves to his armor. It was so incredibly random.

Oh I remember now, thanks. Well the difference is that, in this scene, Mjolnir doesn't randomly add sleeves to an armor that didn't have them previously.

My guess is Eitri gave Thor the additional armour off screen before he left Nidavellir. It would make sense, he knew he was in for the fight of his life.

My guess is Eitri gave Thor the additional armour off screen before he left Nidavellir. It would make sense, he knew he was in for the fight of his life.
It's not a different armor though... it's the same one, except with sleeves.

It's not a different armor though... it's the same one, except with sleeves.

Sure, that's what I meant by additional. Eitri - chief blacksmith to the gods - gave him some chainmail sleeves so that he was fully armoured for the fight of his life.

If that's what really happened then I wish they would've shown it, because it's kind of hilarious.

"Wait, Thor! Before you go, take this pair of sleeves to protect your elbows. Don't worry, they will magically attach themselves to your armor."

I read somewhere that the real reason they gave him sleeves was because it made the job of the VFX artists easier. Something to do with CGI arms, I think.

If that's what really happened then I wish they would've shown it, because it's kind of hilarious.

"Wait, Thor! Before you go, take this pair of sleeves to protect your elbows. Don't worry, they will magically attach themselves to your armor."

I read somewhere that the real reason they gave him sleeves was because it made the job of the VFX artists easier. Something to do with CGI arms, I think.

It's the kind of gap I'm happy to have left to the imagination. Including scenes to explain a minor detail like that would throw off the pacing of the film.

They could've added a scene showing Thor recovering from forging Stormbreaker/figuring out they needed to go to Wakanda but I'm happy they didn't because going straight from Thor almost dying to forge Stormbreaker to his badass entrance was epic.

Last edited:
I'm sticking to MCU suits, otherwise I'd include the Death Too Soon outfit for Captain America, which I like, helmet included.

Iron Man: MK III, MK 42, Nanosuit, Avengers (2012) suits

Captain America: Avengers (2012), his mission suit from the Winter Soldier.

Thor: His first film outfit, and the gladiator suit.

Hulk: The Incredible Hulk. I guess he could have benefited from increasing bulk for his design, but I love every detail of it in that movie. The face being closer to a mix of what Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe drew than any other movie is a plus for me.

Hawkeye: Ronin (Endgame), and his 2012 outfit.

Spider-Man: Far From Home's red and black.

Black Panther: I prefer the one made for his solo movie. I'm a bit of a stickler for classics.

War Machine: Iron Patriot

I don't see significant differences with the rest.

Iron Man-Mark 46 Civil War suit

latest

Captain America - Winter Soldier stealth suit

the-evolution-of-captain-americas-uniform-stealth-strike-mission.jpg

Scarlet Witch - Age of Ultron ending outfit.

ujrwertrodycaxrk5ryw.png

Thor - Thor 2 outft

3903bfd83b54dcfced59558c474f2b3b.jpg

Spider-Man - Probably the Civil War / Homecoming suit.

spidey2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"