Transformers What's your most valuable TF toy?

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
What TF toy(s) that you have that are either very valuable in price or scarcity, or has a deep sentimental value for you?

The TF toys that I have that are valuable are a MIB Omega Supreme, an original Japanese white Astrotrain (got it before the reissue), Primus (which only released in Japan), Raiden (Autobot gestalt from Japanese Headmaster series), Masterpiece MP04 Optimus Prime, and MIB Swoop.

The TFs that I have that I like alot personally included Snarl (my favorite Dinobot), Japanese Cybertron Optimus Prime (I love the packaging), and MIB Superion (my favorite gestalt).

Primus (which only released in Japan)
So either all those Hasbro Primus's that I saw in stores (and that my sister bought me for my birthday) were a mass halucination. Or you got that name wrong. :cwink:

On topic, my most valuable would be either Masterpiece Megatron or Encore Prime/Megs.

My metroplex cost me the most, but the Blaster toy and the big ape version of Beast wars prime are the faves. To bad my friends broke Blaster though. :(

What broke?

<-has junker Blaster.

Blaster has 2 variants. Chests that open and chests that don't. If it don't open now it probably doesn't so don't force it.

So either all those Hasbro Primus's that I saw in stores (and that my sister bought me for my birthday) were a mass halucination. Or you got that name wrong. :cwink:

On topic, my most valuable would be either Masterpiece Megatron or Encore Prime/Megs.

Oops, I meant the Japanese Primus (that had the G1 look) was only released in Japan. Sorry, wasn't thinking clearly since I was at work. :o

Oops, I meant the Japanese Primus (that had the G1 look) was only released in Japan. Sorry, wasn't thinking clearly since I was at work. :o

Are there any pics of that Primus? I've never seen him.

Geez this is kinda of tough, my most loved and fave autobot is Prowl, after all these years he is one of the only original G1 toys I have left. I also have Swindle, Cliffjumper, Overhaul, and Air Raid to make up my only surviving original toys (I use to own something like 60+ original G1's). As for new stuff I pride myself in owning most of the Alternator series bar a few that doubled up on the same vehicle model. I was rather lazy when it came to the MP series and kinda passed on them (stoopid me) but I plan on tracking down Prime, Megatron, Starscream (repaint), and Skywarp sometime soon. I am waiting for a MP Shockwave to be made *cross fingers*.

My 20th Anni Prime is my fav by far. the working shocks on his wheels, the independent moving fingers, the moving mouth plate and how the vents open on his shins when he steps down. He has the light up power matrix and energon axe and little mini megatron gun. Its probably the coolest toy ever

My most valuable TF toy is one that has great sentimental value for me: my original Powermaster Optimus figure. He's the one I'd probably grab in a fire because I put that SOB through everything imaginable and he's still about 95 percent intact; I broke one of the stacks off and the trailer peg, but other than that I still have him on the shelf along with the newer guys. That's more than I can say for my original G1 Optimus figure - broke his cruddy arm off in less than week...

Geez...my first TF I ever got was what I THOUGHT was an Optimus Prime. It took nearly 5 years before I got clued in that it was a "Ginrai" toy was was truly a heartbreaker for me. I recovered and my collection of TFs look a little like this:

- Ginrai (Masterforce)
- SixShot (Headmasters series)
- Chromedome (Headmasters series)
- Soundwave (G1, cost me a tidy sum)
- Optimus Primal (Beast Wars, first series)
- Depth Charge (Beast Wars Transmetals 2)
- Dinobot 2 (Transmetals 2)
- Optimus Prime (Cybertron/Galaxy Force, my most hated figure)
- Nemesis (Binaltech, Dodge Ram)

and thats about it. A little here and there but my collection was heavily price sensitive...and I kinda prefer bots without lips. SixShot's probably my most valuable TF but my personal fave is Soundwave though I doubt he's valued anymore what with all the re-releases.

Reissues don't drag down the price of an original as much as you think. In fact sometimes reissues can be worth more than an original. Soundwave being a prime example. The TFC (transformers collection, Takara's bookstyle reissues) Soundwave is worth a lot more than Hasbro commemorative Soundwave, or encore, or a loose original. $80 and up easily. The TFC reissue Insecticons can command $150 (and up). But loose oringals can go for a little as $50 for all three. Reissue Sixshot can go for twice what an orignal does.

I haven't seen a reissue Sixshot over here actually. Insecticons and Astrotrain have been on my mind lately. I might pick them up.

Picked up my first movie fig today, Stockade. Love the headsculpt, not too sure about the rest of him

My 20th Anni Prime is my fav by far. the working shocks on his wheels, the independent moving fingers, the moving mouth plate and how the vents open on his shins when he steps down. He has the light up power matrix and energon axe and little mini megatron gun. Its probably the coolest toy ever

30vbw34.jpg

he may not be my valuable $$$ wise as i got him for 20 bucks in the clearance section at walmart :twisted: he is my favorite. i like that he does not even LOOK as if he turns into a truck but the fact that he does is so kick ass! the only thing i do not like about him was the stubby short stacks on his shoulders. fortunately there was a guy who sold reproductions of the long stacks that were on the japan version that i swapped the short ones for the long ones. i also removed the 'battle damage' that was on his arms and parts of his torso.

I would say that my complete G1 Fortress Maximus is my most valuable transformer...I even still have the box and instructions :)

30vbw34.jpg

he may not be my valuable $$$ wise as i got him for 20 bucks in the clearance section at walmart :twisted: he is my favorite. i like that he does not even LOOK as if he turns into a truck but the fact that he does is so kick ass! the only thing i do not like about him was the stubby short stacks on his shoulders. fortunately there was a guy who sold reproductions of the long stacks that were on the japan version that i swapped the short ones for the long ones. i also removed the 'battle damage' that was on his arms and parts of his torso.

Looks like he still has the battle damage on his grill/chest and his right arm. But even though I have one here in my possesion, he looks so cool in that pic

I haven't seen a reissue Sixshot over here actually. Insecticons and Astrotrain have been on my mind lately. I might pick them up.

Picked up my first movie fig today, Stockade. Love the headsculpt, not too sure about the rest of him
So if you can find Insecticons are they crazy money?

I would say that my complete G1 Fortress Maximus is my most valuable transformer...I even still have the box and instructions :)

That's awesome. Fortress Maximus is one of those toys I wish they'd reissue (and I don't mean the Brave Max they released a few years ago).

Theory is if the reissues of Skylynx and Omega Supreme sell well enough Takara might reissue it. Hasbro can't for one, and wouldn't anyway. There is a reason that RiD Fortress Maximus was never released.

Looks like he still has the battle damage on his grill/chest and his right arm. But even though I have one here in my possesion, he looks so cool in that pic

that picture was taken before i removed it. i used rubbing alcohol and some q tips to get it off. i only left the knees alone, here is a picture i took of him after I got my MP SS figure.

5znvhl.jpg

:pal:

That's a neat collection you got there Lunar, I'd put mine up but I keep mine in boxes to protect them. Do you have any others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"