When/did Bats ever have a RED bat on his chest?

not_a_victim

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was on a Batman comic fansite, and ran across a panel that showed Bats with a red bat symbol on his chest.
The art reminded my of Byrne. The costume was dark charcoal grey, and the bat symbol ran all the way across his chest, in red, with no oval. It looked to be from a comic, because is was drawn in panel from and showed Bats kicking the crap out of three guys in what looked like a hospital. There was no text/dialouge, but the way the panels were made, it looked like there was room intentionally left within the panels for text or dialouge ballons. My girlfriend was up my kiester to get moving out the door, so I didn't have time to save the page or notice the final source.
I have never seen this version of Bats. Does anyone know what I am talking about, or have I stepped off the deep end.

Edit: No, it was not Batman Beyond. Just wanted to clear that up.

...wow...seven posts. I have never seen that happen...Yet here we are...

Comic Book Boy said:
Look in your internet history tab.
Nah, I got it set up where all that stuff dissapears when I log off.

It was probably a coloring error. I've seen Bats with flesh-colored gloves, and a blue face. S**t happens.

Fledermaus said:
It was probably a coloring error. I've seen Bats with flesh-colored gloves, and a blue face. S**t happens.

No, it was a very modern page, and it was consistant in all the panels.

I have only read one of Byrnes Batman and Superman Generation series, I think it's from there.

thrill1.jpg

If it was a painted image you saw it was probably from Thrillkiller. Pretty cool Elseworlds story. Bruce isn't rich, he becomes a cop while Barbera Gordon becomes Batgirl. Cool 60's settings and vibe.

I like the red bat logo but I really hate batman beyond, batman should have tim drake be batman if batman ever had to retire

bestever23 said:
I like the red bat logo but I really hate batman beyond, batman should have tim drake be batman if batman ever had to retire

In the context of the DC Animated Universe (which is the only place Batman Beyond has ever existed outside of that weird little appearance in Superman/Batman), Tim Drake was tortured by the Joker and turned into a Joker Jr.

Doubt Bruce'd make him continue the good fight after that, IMO.

I am sorry for all the fans that sadly do like batman beyond but I hope it never makes it into dc comics.

bestever23 said:
I am sorry for all the fans that sadly do like batman beyond but I hope it never makes it into dc comics.

Way to trash on other people's opinions. :o

I partially agree - I don't think we should ever see Terry McGinnis in the mainstream DCU, unless it's something like an alternate universe (like in Superman/Batman).

However, I did always think it'd be interesting to see that whole "Future DC Animated Universe" make the leap into comics - and not tie-in comics, but actual stand-alone comics. I think it'd be cool to see an "alternate possible future" style Batman Beyond book, sort of like Spider-Girl.

bestever23 said:
I very agree that it shouldn't enter the DCU. I actually liked it, but I was always sad that the DCU had to have such a sad, depressing conclusion to it. Everything was so dark and hopeless in that future. Kind of like where the Star Wars universe has been going lately. Just never anything good. Never any peace for anybody.

If it wasn't Thrillkiller, it could have been from that one issue of Superman-Batman where the Batman Beyond alternate universe/timeline/dimension was shown briefly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"