When did SHH jump the shark for you?

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Sometime between 10 pm and 6 am last night and this morning for me. I got chewed out on the Superman boards for calling Forrest Gump a mentally ******ed person. I was told by I believe, SpiderDaniel that I am throwing around insults and baiting people...by calling a mentally ******ed character...mentally ******ed. I think SHH has just jumped the shark for me.

When did it jump for you?

I see SHH as a vicious cycle. Veterans leaves, newbies become oldbies, a new host of posters who look to be mocked and ridiculed as older ones fade into obscurity.

I don't think it has jumped the shark for me yet. I think one day when I'm here and it's like I'm chaperoning a jr. high school dance, I think I'd be done.

When people started to actually believe some of TSOG's crackpot ideas

when paladdin got booted.

everyone is out of their depths, there's no one there to put people in their places anymore...

*sigh*

Matt said:
Sometime between 10 pm and 6 am last night and this morning for me. I got chewed out on the Superman boards for calling Forrest Gump a mentally ******ed person. I was told by I believe, SpiderDaniel that I am throwing around insults and baiting people...by calling a mentally ******ed character...mentally ******ed. I think SHH has just jumped the shark for me.

When did it jump for you?
Momma says stupid is as stupid does.

I think we should find this SpiderDaniel and give him a whatfor.

We should chase him and say "We are going to get you dummy."

Slipknot said:
Momma says stupid is as stupid does.

Hey Slip, do you get how calling a mentally ******ed character mentally ******ed is wrong?

Just this morning when a longtime poster I used to respect used a worn out, dated phrase like "jump the shark". It's a very sad day for me. :(

jag

Erzengel said:
I think we should find this SpiderDaniel and give him a whatfor.

YOu don't want to go in the Superman forum. They're all nuts. If you say the slightest thing percieved as negativity (Anything from Routh looks like a bad actor to Pirates of the Carribean 2 looks good) then hundreds of them will attack!

jaguarr said:
Just this morning when a longtime poster I used to respect used a worn out, dated phrase like "jump the shark". It's a very sad day for me. :(

jag

:mad: Jump the shark > Jump the Jaguarr (unless it involves me jumping jaguarr's bone...but we only do that every other weekend)

Matt said:
:mad: Jump the shark > Jump the Jaguarr (unless it involves me jumping jaguarr's bone...but we only do that every other weekend)

I wish I knew how to quit you!

jag

I'll tell you truthfully, Fonzie keeps revving up, full bore, straight for the ramp, but then he slams on the breaks at the last minute, a problem with the fuel line or the allignment or something, so he heads back to the starting position.

This is because the Hype is cyclical. I've thought it was about to JTS a hundred times, but to an oldbie it JTS years ago, or, they've seen it JTS 20 times, but then restore itself after jumps.

Matt said:
Hey Slip, do you get how calling a mentally ******ed character mentally ******ed is wrong?
I think SpiderDaniel overreacted. Forrest Gump is a great movie and all... but he was mentally ******ed... so you can't be blamed for referring to him as that. SpiderDaniel seems to suck.

well, for me it was about 5 minutes after i first posted. but its as funny as hell to stay here.

My posting rates have dropped of late tho

Erzengel said:
I see SHH as a vicious cycle. Veterans leaves, newbies become oldbies, a new host of posters who look to be mocked and ridiculed as older ones fade into obscurity.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:(

Slipknot said:
I think SpiderDaniel overreacted. Forrest Gump is a great movie and all... but he was mentally ******ed... so you can't be blamed for referring to him as that. SpiderDaniel seems to suck.

With a username like SpiderDaniel he was bound to suck at some point or another.

jag

Odin's Lapdog said:
when paladdin got booted.

We've kept in touch, he's doing well.... but it was a sad day indeed. :(

Themanofbat said:

Hey TMOB, are we the ones chaparoning the junior high school dance? (Although with the Hype now-a-days it seems more like a third grade dance :()

jaguarr said:

jag

IS THAT A REFERENCE TO THE INFAMOUS 'HAPPY DAYS' EPISODE? :confused:

jaguarr said:
With a username like SpiderDaniel he was bound to suck at some point or another.

jag

Me: Doesn't abandoning his son for 5 years make Superman a bit of a dead beat?
SpiderDaniel: Forrest Gump did it.
Me: Are you comparing Superman to a character who was mentally ******ed?
SpiderDaniel: HOW DARE YOU BAIT ME LIKE THAT! YOU JUST TRY TO FLAME EVERYONE YOU HATER! TO CALL SOMEONE MENTALLY ******! WELL I'VE NEVER....*faints in outrage*

THWIP* said:

Ayyyyyyy....sit on it, Potsy!!!! :up:

jag

THWIP* said:

THWIP, you're unfamiliar with the term Jump the Shark?

jaguarr said:
I wish I knew how to quit you!

jag

Lets move to Mexico and set up a ranch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back