When spoofs were good...

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
It's sad that movie spoofs suck these days. Remember when they were good?

[YT]lZkmk9szIL8[/YT]

[YT]0lUjhEHlh7s[/YT]

[YT]VH2nQHPs4aA[/YT]

You know whats an under-rated movie spoof? Top Secret! The underwater fight scene was genius!

[YT]GR4NOvaFIOY[/YT]

You gots to thrown Airplane, & Hot Shots up in there.

History of the World :woot:

[YT]fMMg-L7Lqu4[/YT]

Am i the only one here that loves BASEketball?

[YT]Y8WdDmAFcJw[/YT]

two words:

Mel Brooks

I love the Naked Gun too, but Mel Brooks movies take the cake when it comes to spoof movies. Space Balls, History of the World, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein.....all classics.

It's sad that movie spoofs suck these days. Remember when they were good?

[YT]lZkmk9szIL8[/YT]

[YT]0lUjhEHlh7s[/YT]

[YT]VH2nQHPs4aA[/YT]

Are you actually comparing Robin Hood: Men In Tights, to the classics like The Naked Gun and Young Frankenstein?

Robin Hood: Men In Tights is as bad as the spoofs of today. Equally unfunny. Mel Brooks had lost it before Spaceballs.

Airplane
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles
Naked Gun
Hot Hots
Scary Movie 1 and 2

Those to me are excellent spoof movies. The ones that we have today are horrible and made for the kiddies with ADD.

Loaded Weapon. Emilio Estevez AND Samual L Jackson!? Freakin' awesome!

Spoofs today are basically the equivalent of someone shatting on celluloid. Its just feces.
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Airplane were greatness.

Hot Shots...best spoof ever for me

Airplane.

I used to work on the live news show when I was in college, and we were so obsessed with this movie that we before every show we all say to each other on the headphones: "I just want to wish you all good luck. We're all counting on you," as many times as we could.

We had an anchor practice an op-ed piece with: "They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let them crash!"

I've been out of college more than 10 years, and me and one of my school friends still randomly send Airplane jokes to each other. :oldrazz:

Airplane 2 was great too, just for Shatner alone:

[YT]dHKd80asXy4[/YT]

The thing that made them so funny was that they didn't rely on pop-culture references. It was all plays on words that created so much classic dialogue that's still funny today.

1179764189_airplane.jpg

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

The problem with todays spoof movies isthat they are based on taking the soure material and making it look stupid. While the spoofs of yesterday were more of roasts than insults.

And I dont think itwas mentioned but Wrongully Accused was pretty good too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"