When was the last time you went to a museum, you uncultured slug?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Decided to go by the Art Institute on my lunch hour yesterday since, well....it's free the entire month of Feb. :o (No, I will not pay 12 dollars to see Picasso's fat ass version of a nude). Hadn't been for a couple years, but it was cool just walking through the galleries and seeing the original Nighthawks and American Gothic paintings up close. Though I did get a little too close to one sculpture and the alarm went off. :dry:

Exterior2.jpg

Last summer. Smithsonian Art museum.

Decided to go by the Art Institute on my lunch hour yesterday since, well....it's free the entire month of Feb. :o (No, I will not pay 12 dollars to see Picasso's fat ass version of a nude). Hadn't been for a couple years, but it was cool just walking through the galleries and seeing the original Nighthawks and American Gothic paintings up close. Though I did get a little too close to one sculpture and the alarm went off. :dry:

Exterior2.jpg

Damn, you have to pay to get into the museum? I never had to, thank you "white privilege"! :whatever:

back in october 06 i believe, the ulster museum closed after that till 09 for renovation

i do still go to the botanical gardens that surround it though for photography

I walked past the British Museum on Wednesday if it counts, and the London Gallery.

:O

God I hate that place, the waxworks are so creepy.

I hear tell from some rumor that they plan on making lifesize wax versions of anime characters. God, that will scare me. I remember there was one museum that had versions of Disney characters, the human ones.

I hear tell from some rumor that they plan on making lifesize wax versions of anime characters. God, that will scare me. I remember there was one museum that had versions of Disney characters, the human ones.

The wax people are scary enough in themselves, I don't think I could handle real life anime wax figures. :wow:

I went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum three weeks ago.

I'm in art school... and I live in NY. So, I'm basically at museums all the time.

LOL, back on topic, I was in one section of the gallery and saw Salvador Dali's Invention of the Monsters. A woman came by and looked at it, and was like, "that is just sick." I wanted to laugh, but just said, "well..." and shrugged.

fji7x3.jpg

A Marine Science Museum. 7 months ago. :up:

Planetariums and anything that has to do with space is the best, though.

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry....must have been about two years ago.

Imax is in the Smithsonian museums so I go a few times a year. But to actually see exhibits, I think it was last May in Prague at the Mucha Museum and another exhibit of Salvador Dalí, both were pretty bad ass.

Next weekend I'm volunteering at the Air and Space Museum for a African American Pioneers in Aviation Event.

Oh, I did go to the Baltimore Aquarium like a month or two ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"