• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the last time you went to the library?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
I decided to go earlier today to leech their wireless since mine was acting up, but stayed longer to flip through a couple of the newer books and look at some of the art, since they have reproductions of some of the more classic works. Hadn't been for like a year but feel I need to go back just for the ambiance, aka the silence.

I love my local library. I work at a bookstore, but sometimes buying books is too much of a crap shoot since I never know if I'm going to like them. So I hit the library first. I love it; it's so convenient.

Library??? :dry:

Terry, the 20th century ended quite a few years ago... :o

:oldrazz:

A few years ago, I would go to the library everyday; but it was mainly to use their internet and rent comics and DVDs

I use my school's "library" frequently.

Why is library in quotes? Was this a janitor's closet?

It's a dark crevice where few men enter.

The library got downsized into the womens washroom due to budget cuts?

I was there a few weeks ago.

I'm studying library science (focusing on archives) so I will be in libraries quite often.

I go every three weeks. I pick up around 20 DVDs and 10 CDs. Then I can have them for three weeks. I love this set up a lot more than the old "return within a week" policies. And they have new releases.

If college libraries count, then almost two years. If we're talking regular public libraries, I stopped in one to use the bathroom maybe four years ago. :o

What's a library?

Really, about 7 months ago, I went there to do some research before I went on my vacation to Australia. I'll be going again when I plan a vacation to South America.

I would go all the time, but I never paid my $10+ worth of late fines and can't borrow books anymore. I'm a rebel.

Any sexy librarians there, KaneDigits?

1z3nkg6.jpg

3 weeks ago. I usually check out a few books. The library is too fun.

I go at least once a month. Free books...how can you beat that? It's better than blowing $30 on a book that I may not like or ever read again.

My local libraries actually have ebooks that you can loan out for 3 weeks at no cost. So there is that option for people that don't read physical books anymore.

It's been 2-3 years since I've been to one.

I have my Masters in Library and Information Science so I'm trying to find a way to get paid while while being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"