Where my geeks at ??!!

dsc002587hc.jpg
Heaven:wow:

I collect Figures, Jack Skellington and Separoth (sp?) are may favs. Me and friends make fan films, and I listion to Videogame music. I'm also a Fairtax Geek.

No one will really be free until nerd persecution ends

That's awesome, I really wish I had money for the statues but I need gas money to get to class :(

I actually have too many statues. Most of them are in boxes, that I'll probably put on Ebay sometime.

SideshowHulkSpiderman3UltimateToys.jpg

dagobah2.jpg

I actually have a framed over-sized 5ft version of this hanging in my house:

crisis.jpg

The frame cost me like a 150 bucks if I remember but it was so worth it :up:

I'm a technophile. If I'm not able to afford some of the latest gadgets and operating systems or software (which is more often than not), I'm reading about them and learning to hack them or tear them apart and put them back together. :geek:

jag

When is Verizon going to be able to allow phones from other carriers?

When is Verizon going to be able to allow phones from other carriers?

They're supposed to publish an open network framework early next year sometime, which would probably put actual phones from other carriers showing up on their network right around this time next year ('08). Verizon uses a CDMA network, though, while most of the other carriers (and the world) use GSM networks so there's going to be some compatibility issues that will keep quite a few of the newer, more desirable handsets off of Verizon's network no matter what (like the iPhone).

jag

I'm a technophile. If I'm not able to afford some of the latest gadgets and operating systems or software (which is more often than not), I'm reading about them and learning to hack them or tear them apart and put them back together. :geek:

jag

Do you have an Iphone, jag?

Do you have an Iphone, jag?

Nope. I'm on Verizon and haven't made the switch to AT&T so I could get one at this point for two reasons; I'm waiting for the second generation of iPhone to come out and I have other expenses currently that take priority. I already know how to hack one, though. :)

jag

From my understanding though are there other phones you could get that, that are better and can do more and also cheaper to boot? :confused: Personally I don't have the money for a high tech phone so I haven't looked into it, but the iphone seems to sacrifice higher functionability for simplicity.

From my understanding though are there other phones you could get that, that are better and can do more and also cheaper to boot? :confused: Personally I don't have the money for a high tech phone so I haven't looked into it, but the iphone seems to sacrifice higher functionability for simplicity.

All of that is untrue. Then again, "better" is all relative and subjective, isn't it?

jag

Can a iPhone be hacked to make it compatible with Verizon?

Can a iPhone be hacked to make it compatible with Verizon?

I know it's been hacked to work on T-Mobile, but they use a GSM network. Verizon's CDMA network is always going to present a challenge for hacking certain phones onto it and make it pretty much impossible. iPhone is one of those.

jag

Verizon told me they are going to have some new LG phones that are supposedly suppose to be "like" the iPhone in January, I guess I'm switching to that. :o

Tru that, but lack of a keyboard irks me :(

Having commandeered iPhones from friends for bits of time, I can tell you that the gesturing mechanism built into iPhone is ingenious and something you learn very quickly. Even in the little time I've used other people's iPhones, I've learned how to "type" using the gesturing at least as fast as I can do on my Treo currently. A little more steady usage with it and I'm sure it would be even faster than my current phone. As for functionality, the iPhone does a things most phones can't even dream of. It's a mini-computer with a pared down version of Mac OS X running on it, which gives it a major advantage over it's competitors in terms of functionality, to be honest.

jag

Verizon told me they are going to have some new LG phones that are supposedly suppose to be "like" the iPhone in January, I guess I'm switching to that. :o

Like the LG Prada? That thing sucks ass. Why don't you just switch to AT&T if you want an iPhone so badly? :huh: The data plans on Verizon or horrendously expensive, anyway.

jag

Verizon is the best service wise around here, especially being so close to NY.

Scratch that... It's 60 bucks a month at a minimum :(

some geeks collect comics, some collect toys, most collect video games, and some even have booger collections stashed under their coffee table...

...i collect pr0n. that's geeky right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"