The Mandalorian Where should the show go next?

I wondered for a second if they would be one and the same, but the December release date made it pretty clear they’re not. Mando started November last year and October this year.

I think that actually were the confusion came from, because I believe the investors meeting mentioned Mando season 3 starting in winter 2021.

To protect his clan, Din has already cast away one deeply-held tradition. The lore of the Darksaber is Mandalore's Achilles' heel, in that Mandalorians have this conviction that their ruler can't be strong enough to keep Mandalore independent without it, and that anyone who possesses the Darksaber has power over Mandalore. Din has the opportunity to show his people that they don't need it.

It definitely sounds like they are doing a type of shared universe piece of business with Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic, and now Book of Boba Fett. I wonder if that means they are going to do an MCU/Netflix Defenders style crossover. Hopefully better than Defenders at least ;)

It definitely sounds like they are doing a type of shared universe piece of business with Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic, and now Book of Boba Fett. I wonder if that means they are going to do an MCU/Netflix Defenders style crossover. Hopefully better than Defenders at least ;)
Yas.

Thrawn as the Big Bad.

Next season:

Replace the headband with the Dark Saber.

Another thing I forgot to add, I am pretty sure we will see Din further questioning his beliefs. That will definitely come into play now that it seems he’s comfortable in taking off his helmet and learning more about Mandalore from Bo-Katan

It’s gonna be interesting to see how Din will further evolve

Death Watch set up Aq Vetina to brainwash and manipulate those kids into "foundlings." That's my hypothesis.

To protect his clan, Din has already cast away one deeply-held tradition. The lore of the Darksaber is Mandalore's Achilles' heel, in that Mandalorians have this conviction that their ruler can't be strong enough to keep Mandalore independent without it, and that anyone who possesses the Darksaber has power over Mandalore. Din has the opportunity to show his people that they don't need it.

Hmm...

Din already broke his and the Mando code for what was more worthy of consideration. He is already questioning much.

Say he over the course of the new season or where ever the story plays itself out across (Could be a thread in multiple shows... Who knows?) Din through observation or experience (My Afrosamurai hypothesis of Din being challenged by various parties to claim the saber.) sees the veneration of the saber as the same as his Watch oath of never taking the helmet off. Something that is getting in the way of things of greater consideration, like the peaceful AND democratic unification of the Mandalorian people and the restoration of their homeworld and system.

So...

He breaks the saber for all time.

I could see it play out like that.

Yeah if the crossover involves Din and Boba digging up dinosaur bones under Coruscant, I’m ****ing DONE. :funny:

Hmm...

Din already broke his and the Mando code for what was more worthy of consideration. He is already questioning much.

Say he over the course of the new season or where ever the story plays itself out across (Could be a thread in multiple shows... Who knows?) Din through observation or experience (My Afrosamurai hypothesis of Din being challenged by various parties to claim the sabre.) sees the veneration of the sabre as the same as his Watch oath of never taking the helmet off. Something that is getting in the way of things of greater consideration, like the peaceful AND democratic unification of the Mandalorian people and the restoration of their homeworld and system.

So...

He breaks the sabre for all time.

I could see it play out like that.

Yeah, given that Din was ready and willing to turn over leadership of Mandalore to a fellow Mando who takes her helmet off all the time AND was willing to disregard the sacred tradition of “winning” the saber AND took his helmet off for both Grogu and to infiltrate that imperial base indicates to me that he’s seriously questioning ALL of the Mandalorian beliefs. I could see him breaking the darksaber as a way of tearing down the veil and doing away with the old ways. Star Wars has always had an element of that trope with the way the Jedi storyline has played out.

Its worth noting that Din didn't seem to really care about the Darksaber or its legend even from the getgo. I can't remember if he displayed complete ignorance of it or not, but clearly the Children of the Watch don't place much credence in it. Which makes sense, their attitude on Mandalore the homeworld is "the place is cursed, its where people go to die".

Would you expect anything else from someone with her haircut?
Although I'm not sure how Olyphant's Cobb Vanth pulled it off so well, I think Fett has found the best solution to the dreaded Mandalorian helmet hair.
The rest will suffer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"