What do you hope/expect the next teamup to be?

SirStrangefolk

Champion of Life
Reaction score
So far, we don't have Avengers 5 announced. I was thinking we may see some other movies or shows where previously introduced characters will form a team.

When do you think we'll see a teamup again? What do you expect the next big teamup to be? Which team do you hope we'll see? Who would you like to be on the team?

I'm talking here about a team consisting of mostly previously introduced characters coming together like the Avengers, not an ensemble movie like Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy or Fantastic Four which have their own characters.

In this thread I'll outline some possibilities I think we may see at some point. I'll start with the one I think is most likely and will try to update/reply later with the other teams I have in mind (wanted to do them all at once but it's taking a bit longer than planned).

WARNING: I will include some WANDAVISION SPOILERS in my reasoning for some of these teams. If you haven't seen it yet I would advise coming back to this thread after you have seen it.

Young Avengers
This one seems the most likely team to show up in the not too distant future imo. Given the introduction of several members recently and in upcoming phase 4 projects I strongly believe we will see this team.
2cnsy2w.png

So who would be on this team? I think we have 5 characters that would almost certainly be members.

1. Cassie Lang - played by Kathryn Newton. An early member of this team we've had in the MCU the longest. They recently recast her for the second time for Quantumania, presumably because they felt Kathryn was more suited to play the more leading superhero version of Cassie.
2. Tommy Maximoff/Shepherd - recast with an older actor. I expect Wanda will find some way to bring back her twins in Multiverse of Madness, given what we've seen. I have a specific theory for how, but that is not very relevant here. I do think they will recast them to be older so they will be of similar age to the other members. This could happen in a number of ways when factoring in chaos magic and the multiverse.
3. Billy Maximoff/Kaplan - recast with an older actor. Same argument as for Tommy
4. Kate Bishop - played by Hailee Steinfeld. Will be a lead on Hawkeye and is another early member from the comics. A no-brainer.
5. America Chavez - played by Xochitl Gomez. Will be introduced in Multiverse of Madness. A later addition to the team that became quite popular on her own as well. They'll probably also want America and Kate to become close friends (or more).

What about the other members from the comics?

- Nathaniel Richards: I can certainly see Kang playing an important role in their first teamup. Perhaps a younger version of him even shows up. But I don't think he'll be a mainstay on the team as Iron Lad. We already have another young Iron Person coming up and there are more important members to fill the team.
- Elijah Bradley: He could be on the team, but I don't think he necessarily needs to be. He hasn't been as relevant more recently, and Chavez is also a(n) somewhat (Captain) America-themed hero. That said, there have been some rumors for Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which seems like the most fitting place for him to show up. If he's not in that I think we can pretty much count him out.
- Dorrek VIII/Teddy Altman: I think this is the most important member we haven't heard about yet. He has continued to stay relevant in the comics and has a very important relationship with Billy. He is also directly related to Mar-Vell. I imagine he will show up at some point, either in Secret Invasion or Captain Marvel 2. It's interesting to think about his parentage and what that might mean. Does he remain Mar-Vell's son? Then who is the other parent? Is Anelle a man in the MCU? Is she a woman that used Skrull shape****ing to become male to the molecular level to father Dorrek? Is the father someone else? Also, how old is he? If he was born right before Mar-Vell's death in '89 and he got snapped, that'd still make him like 29, which would be rather old for the "Young" Avengers and potentially problematic for the relationship with Billy. But perhaps as an alien he just matures/ages slower or he has different parents.
- Kid Loki: I guess Loki could find some way to reincarnate himself back into our 'prime' universe in his show. Though I don't really expect that to happen (or at least not yet).
- David Alleyne: Not the most relevant on this team, and not ready to be introduced yet given the state of mutants. Probably won't appear for now.

What about characters who weren't members in the comics?

There are two MCU characters coming that would fit the theme of the Young Avengers at least. Those being Kamala Khan and Riri Williams. However, I don't think they'd join the team given how large the roster would already be.

I agree Young Avengers is most likely to be the next big team up, probably as a Disney plus series. I definitely think Kamala and Ironheart will be on the team though. I know they weren't in the comics but you have to streamline and condense some things for the MCU. Of all the young heroes being introduced Kamala is by far the most popular. Makes little sense to do a team up of younger heroes and not include the fan favourite.

Thor 4, and Captain Marvel 2 look like they could they could be quasi team up movies with Thor, and the Guardians in the former and the latter bringing in Monica Rambeau and Miss Marvel.

I'm hopeful that Secret Invasion will have a few Avengers in it. If it's just Skrulls disguised as government agents and smaller characters like Hill that's really just a redux of Captain Marvel. The appeal of Secret Invasion is the Skrulls disguising themselves as superheroes.

Depending on how they do things X-men could come to the MCU as an Avengers like team up film, with mutants appearing in multiple phase 4/5 films before coming together in X-men. Rumour has it that marvel is working on a film titled "The Mutants" which could mean we're getting mutant-centric films before the X-men.

The Ultimates

We'll have almost every member of this team. I think it can be a bit later than Young Avengers as they share one member that may be better suited to be 'promoted' from the Young Avengers to the Ultimates at some point. It may also be best to place this after the introduction of Galactus in a Fantastic Four movie, as he played an important role in their team's story. There were of course also some criticisms of the original 2012 Avengers being all-white and mostly male, so this should give some counterbalance at least.
QwpaCgo.png

The members would then be
- Carol Danvers - played by Brie Larson
- Monica Rambeau - played by Teyonah Parris
- America Chavez - played by Xochitl Gomez
- Black Panther - Whoever is the main character of Black Panther II. My personal preference would go to Lupita Nyong'o's Nakia as I feel both the character and actress are most fit to take on this mantle.
- Adam Brashear - Played by ???. I could see this character being introduced in a Captain Marvel sequel, or maybe get his own "Blue Marvel" movie or show. I could see someone like Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, John David Washington or John Boyega in this role.

I definitely think Kamala and Ironheart will be on the team though. I know they weren't in the comics but you have to streamline and condense some things for the MCU. Of all the young heroes being introduced Kamala is by far the most popular. Makes little sense to do a team up of younger heroes and not include the fan favourite.
What would you make the full team then? Because the way I see it, if you take the 5 we know are in the MCU already, add Teddy who I think is crucial and then also add Kamala and Riri, that's 8 team members in their first appearance. I think that may be on the high side. Would you cut anyone out?

I think the Illuminati have a chance of showing up, albeit not the exact comic Line-Up

1. Doctor Strange
2. Professor Hulk
3. Professor X
4. New Black Panther
5. New Black Bolt
5. Namor

What would you make the full team then? Because the way I see it, if you take the 5 we know are in the MCU already, add Teddy who I think is crucial and then also add Kamala and Riri, that's 8 team members in their first appearance. I think that may be on the high side. Would you cut anyone out?

Honestly I think a 8 or 9 members is fine for a Disney Plus show. They've juggled larger casts successfully in less time.

1. Miss Marvel
2. Kate Bishop
3. Hulkling
4. Wiccan
5. Speed
6. Cassie Lang
7. Patriot
8. Ironheart
9. America Chavez

Maybe save Nate Richards for a season 2 further down the line.

I want Marvel to create a Marvel Two-in-One Disney + show starring the Thing (and whoever else each week), or a Marvel Team Up show similar to the comics with Spider-Man. They probably couldn't use Spidey though, so they'd have to someone else. Maybe it could even be an anthology show with different heroes teaming up every episode each week.

So with regards to Young Avengers
Eli Bradley seems almost certain now as well. This means we'll have at least six members after Multiverse of Madness next year, possibly more.

As for another possible team we might see in the coming years:

West Coast Avengers
tiPqjWU.png

We're seeing a large influx of superhero characters who could be Avengers. So at one point we may see a new or secondary Avengers team formed. I think this would be a good place to give some more spotlight to more under utilized characters.

This team has had quite a number of members, but I think there are some logical picks.

From people we've already seen in the MCU I think I'd certainly consider the following as likely options:

- Clint Barton AND/OR Kate Bishop - Played by Jeremy Renner and/or Hailee Steinfeld: West Coast Avengers are basically always led by a Hawkeye, so one could expect at least one of them to be on the team in a leading role. Given the other members I think are likely I'd say Barton still makes the most sense as the leader, though Bishop could certainly fit on the team
- White Vision - Played by Paul Bettany: The White Vision storyline took place in West Coast Avengers. I think it makes sense for this team to be where his character is further explored.
- James Rhodes - Played by Don Cheadle. Rhodey was an original member of this team in the comics, posing as Iron Man. Being located in California it would make sense for him to be with the West Coast team, and I think he deserves to shine on an Avengers team more than he has so far.
- Dr. Hank Pym - Played by Michael Douglas. Pym during the time of the West Coast Avengers worked as a scientist and resource manager for the team rather than one of his superhero identities. This would be a perfect fit for the older Michael Douglas version of Pym, who isn't so much about superheroing anymore but can still be the guy in the chair and provider of gadgets. Also located on the West Coast in San Francisco.
- Hope van Dyne - Played by Evangeline Lily: In the comics Janet has been on the team as Wasp, but since Hope is the active Wasp in the MCU I think she makes more sense. I also think it'd be interesting to see her operate independently from Scott.
- John Walker - Played by Wyatt Russell. We don't know where they'll go with the character on FatWS, but it might be interesting to see how he would operate as a team player among Avengers after having been mostly a solo act (with sidekick) under the government. He doesn't hail from the West Coast but has been a pretty significant member of that team in the comics.
- America Chavez - played by Xochitl Gomez. She has spent considerable time in LA, and often comes together with Kate Bishop. If Kate is on the team, I think it's likely America would be as well. They are together on the current West Coast Avengers team in the comics as well.

Some other characters we've seen in the MCU that were members in the comics that I feel are a little bit less likely at the moment:

- Wanda Maximoff - played by Elizabeth Olsen. Wanda has had a significant role on the team and even been co-leader, but I feel like at the moment she's become too powerful for a team like this and where her story seems to be going in DS:itMoM doesn't fit very well in my mind with joining a team like this. That said, it's certainly possible and a larger project like this could be the place where we see her reunited with White Vision.
- Janet van Dyne - played by Michelle Pfeiffer. I feel like Hank is better suited as the gadget provider and Hope is more likely as being the Wasp in the field, so I'm not sure Janet would still be needed as part of the actual team. That said she could certainly still play an important role by herself or work as a duo with Hank.
- Moon Knight - played by Oscar Isaac. Has been a member on West Coast and will be introduced this phase. However, I don't see Moon Knight being on the West Coast nor quickly joining an Avengers team at the moment.
- Bobbi Morse - played by Adrianne Palicki(?). With Marvel Television being mostly ignored by the greater MCU so far and Hawkeye already having a family, the potential for Mockingbird on the team seems rather small. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Palicki, perhaps as an ex of Barton from longer ago (girlfriend from SHIELD academy or whatever), but I can't see it happening.

As for new members, there are two characters not yet in the MCU that I think should certainly be on the team:

- Simon Williams - Played by ... Nathan Fillion?. I think Wonder Man is a staple member of the West Coast team that should be there if you're doing this team. Fillion was originally cast in the role but I could easily see them recast here.
- Greer Grant - Played by ...? Tigra is the other staple member of the West Coast team that I think should be in there somewhere. I don't have any specific actress in mind for this part.

Given that their base would probably be in California it might make sense to have more latine members such as Bonita Juarez or Miguel Santos as well (potentially in addition to America Chavez if she's on the team, Moon Knight if he's on and explicitly Latino. I could also see them potentially casting Wonder Man or Tigra as non-white). I don't think it'd be likely for Julia Carpenter to ever join the team given complications with Sony.

I'd rather have someone like Henry Cavill as Wonder Man than Nathan Fillion. Fillion is too old and out of shape and Simon Williams is ideally suited to Cavill.

I think that Kang will return after Ant-Man 3 and be the big bad for Avengers 5 and Phase 4 as a whole.

Now as for Phase 5, I'm thinking it'll be Galactus. Galactus on Earth requiring the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Young Avengers, X-Factor and X-Force to take him down FTW.

I think...

I think we'll see Alpha Flight before we see Young Avengers.

I think...

I think we'll see Alpha Flight before we see Young Avengers.
Why is that? As far as I can tell they're steadily introducing the whole Young Avengers team right now, with four of them having shown up and at least two more confirmed for the next year. Is there any reason to believe Alpha Flight will show up anytime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"