The Force Awakens Where (When) to Begin Episode 7

How is it lazy? It's a classic theme of resurrection and there is a built-in mythology of cloning and of force users manifesting after death in spirit form. There are already rumors of Anakin Skywalker being resurrected.

Without Sidious returning and taking on a new apprentice; there really is no more Sith and thus no good reason to make three (or six) new movies. The torch has to be passed on to Jacen Solo.

The comics and books have failed to create a new villain to fill the place of Vader or Palpatine. The Vong are too alien and don't use the force; and without Sidious, there is no master of the dark side that can challenge Luke Skywalker.

Disney already said they want this next set of movies to be a new story. So, they can't bring back Vader or Sidious and keep it "new"

Yoda can be brought back because Luke could be remembering a story Yoda told him thats kinda key too whatever is happening here. Yoda and Obi Wan were always great at telling history and explaining just what or why the evil foes are doing.

When: 30/40 years after Jedi. Leia has been trying to rebuild the government in the form a new republic. Remnants of the Empire still exist in the form of sparse local Old Empire Governors controlling their local systems and the new republic is chasing them down. While taking them out, they meet up with a new threat.

Where: Opening Craw. Pans down to the forest Moon of Endor. A New Republic Cruiser is chasing a worn out - and one of the very last - imperial ships.

So I'm thinking; ROTS left off on Tatooine and a republic ship. ANH opens by panning down to Tatooine and on that same ship 20 years later. Perhaps the same could happen in the ST. 30 years later...

The Trade Federation could still be around because they were evil yes but also were pawns and still could be used as pawns

On the subject of Vader. Its possible that Darth Vader had an Apprentice but he dismissed him when found out he had a son and this pupil could have had his face damaged in a final conflict with Anakin and he is a New Vader or rather is posing as Vader to rebuild the Empire and is leader of some Dark Jedi.

The sequels need a clear hero. Episode 1 gave us Qui Gon, Kenobi, a nine year old kid, and the Queen of some planet that wasn't the planet that Leia was from. There was no hero. In the first or second scene; we need our hero for all three films to show his face. In my mind, ignoring the books, Mara Jade took her son away when he was young and raised him away from the life of the "warrior." We come to Ben (Jade?) as he is coming of age, like his father in episode 4, when the wars spill into his yard he begins his hero's journey.

The audience can be in the dark as to who Ben and Caedus are in the relation to each other, and for the first and second film; until the climax, you can have that sense of the unknown with new characters (though hardcore fans will have spoiled themselves with the books).

Episode 7 needs to begin with a villain already in existence like episode 4. I don't want to see the creation of a monster. The trilogy needs its bad guy out front from the start. The prequel trilogy's biggest mistake was focusing on Anakin when episode 1 should have begun with him already known as Darth Vader.

Not necessarely imo. What happens with the sith could be the same thing that happens with the jedi order: they have to start all over again. Pure speculation in my part naturally, but i doubt if Luke rebuilds the jedi order in this new trilogy, it would look exactly like what we saw in the PT. I dont think Obi-Wan & other force ghosties would be able to pass on every single knowledge the jedi order had to him. In some instances Luke would just have to do what he considers best given the circumstances. There could even be holocrons with some knowldege somewhere. Same thing could happen with the sith, if they indeed return as the menace.

The Jedi aren't starting from nothing. Luke was trained by Kenobi and Yoda. If Sidious is finished, and we get no explanation for the power to live forever that was touched on in RotS; then there are no more Sith.

Disney already said they want this next set of movies to be a new story. So, they can't bring back Vader or Sidious and keep it "new"

My take on this is they will not be outright converting an EU tale into a script.

..but i fully believe these elements of post OT EU are in play.

Can't look to far into it.

I thinking they could have Vader having an Apprentice that is a fake Vader to rattle Luke or the villain has ties with evil Anakin did as Vader.

If they’re going with a new Sith as the main villain for the trilogy, I’d begin Ep VI with a prologue that takes place during the final moments of Return of the Jedi. Just as Vader (now Anakin again) tosses the Emperor into that shaft, I’d show a baby being born and the mother dying during child birth. That baby would end up being the new Sith. That would give Luke plenty of time to start a new Jedi Order while new baby-Sith develops into the monster he/she will become. If Anakin brought balance to the force, destroying the final Sith seems like it would tip things too much in the light side’s favor. So by destroying the Sith, Anakin must have helped create the new Sith too….or something. It’s possible something like that happened in the EU though. I never read those so I don’t know.

1 pretend the prequels never happened. (easy step)
2 dont just repeat the story arcs of the past (Messiah gone bad but eventually redeemed somehow)
3 realize that the SW universe is more than big enough to include a non-Skywalker-centric storyline.
4 Write a completely original story that just happens to take place in the post-OTuniverse.
5 no r2, no threepio, no chewie, no Yoda (especially as a ghost). and no ridiculous coincidences that suggest the galaxy is the size of your typical small town.
6 Ignore Lucas' notes if at all possible.

And looool at the idea of including the mother****ing Trade Federation. Jebus.

Last edited:
The comics and books have failed to create a new villain to fill the place of Vader or Palpatine. The Vong are too alien and don't use the force; and without Sidious, there is no master of the dark side that can challenge Luke Skywalker.

Really...
-Thrawn,
Thrawn-DB.jpg

-Joruus C'baoth,
Joruus.jpg

-Lumiya,
LumiyaOnKinooine.jpg

-Carnor Jax,
JaxForcing.jpg

-Nom Anor (In the world of SW, I don't think some thing could be too alien...personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Vong War adapted---even though the film will be an original tale---I can dream...),
Nom_anor1.jpg

-Trioculus (Instead of a resurrected or clone Palpatine, wouldn't mind using a character who may or may not have been related......this character claimed to be Palp's son IIRC),
Trioculus_cover.jpg

-Zorba the Hutt (Jabba's father IIRC, wanted revenge on Leia---could be an interesting side-story in a film),
ZorbaTricoulus.jpg

-Darth Krayt and the One Sith,
New_sith_order.jpg

I might say they might not be as iconic or as memorable as Vader, but I think the EU has created some worthy villains.

Last edited:
While some of the Hutts are interesting; they are not a replacement for the two most powerful Sith lords to ever exist.

If Trioculus was truly the heir to the throne; then there could be something interesting there, but that story would happen right after RotJ and not 30-40 years later.

I was thinking why not return to Endor as an opening and its now a city for the Republic changed the Ewoks and Han and Leia could have been broken up over the fact that Policys to change other cultures is what ultimately seperated them. Han maybe saw nothing wrong with how the Ewoks were. And likely Han saw that in his view the Senate was as bad as the Empire.

I'm liking the concept of Han being cynical of the senate.

I always chuckle at "Zorba" the Hutt.

While some of the Hutts are interesting; they are not a replacement for the two most powerful Sith lords to ever exist.

You should really let go of Vader and Sidious, and perhaps even the Sith, or I fear you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Gianakin is right. It's creating a self hyperbole that will never meet your expectations. It's about keeping an open mind.

Yeah, so stupid they made three Lord of the Rings films and eight Harry Potter films on the same plot.

9bce3210-7514-48f4-850e-6b4797ad6f05.gif

Yesssss, but there's a BUT in there somewhere. Both of those franchises were our introduction to those characters and dealt with the resurrection of that villain. Thus, those characters were all fresh. We didn't have 8 Harry Potter films dealing with James Potter and Voldy growing up, fighting and ultimately dying released 7 years before the Harry Potter films we know about. If they had, it would have felt like they were covering the same ground again. Same goes with Rings, the rise of Sauron was all in the prologue.

Resurrection plots are classics and do work. But I think if Episode 7 is about Paply or the Sith coming back, after just vanquishing them and - for what we know - balancing the force....for all of that to be undone just 30 years later seems repetitive.

I dunno. Just my thoughts. But I hope they come up with something new and fresh for Luke and the gang to overcome. And just because there's no Palp/Sith doesn't mean there there can't be lightsaber duels and bad ass force fights.

There Called Dark Jedi but they are suppose to be much weaker then jedi and sith. However though Yoda did kill 7 Dark Jedi in his time. But then again Supershadow is not the most reliable source.

A question according to Lucas on DVD Commentary Luke was nearing 30 so really him 40 would be like 10 years later so my guess is they will have Luke 55-60 ish so has a Son old enough. Same with Han and Leia.

ROTJ is not the end of a chapter, its the end of the story. full stop. any new film should be chapter one in a new SWU saga.

There Called Dark Jedi but they are suppose to be much weaker then jedi and sith. However though Yoda did kill 7 Dark Jedi in his time. But then again Supershadow is not the most reliable source.

A question according to Lucas on DVD Commentary Luke was nearing 30 so really him 40 would be like 10 years later so my guess is they will have Luke 55-60 ish so has a Son old enough. Same with Han and Leia.

Supershadow is a grade A *****e. Do not believe anything that comes from his site or mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"