Which characters would you have liked to see appear in their own episodes?

Batman said:
Do you have any pictures of them from other issues, or were they just in issue #18?

They were in 16, 17, and 18. The Question didn't really have many reocurring villains. But, Butch and Sundance still kicked ass.

Batman said:
Like I said before, I would've loved to see Black Adam make an appearence in an episode. In my opinion, he could've been a great foe to go up against if he was treated right.

I'd have loved to see him kick Superman's ass. I mean, we all love Supes, but it would have been ****ing cool to have Supes go after the Legion of Doom, get pimp smacked to the ground by a black and gold blur, and then look up to see this:

Blackadambw.png

The Question said:
They were in 16, 17, and 18. The Question didn't really have many reocurring villains. But, Butch and Sundance still kicked ass.

Shame, I regret not looking inside issue #18 when I found it. Wasn't Volk The Wolf Man a villain from issue #7 of the O' Neil run? Since we're on the subject, I think Lady Shiva would've fit in nicely in JLU with having her own history with both Batman and Question.

The Question said:
I'd have loved to see him kick Superman's ass. I mean, we all love Supes, but it would have been ****ing cool to have Supes go after the Legion of Doom, get pimp smacked to the ground by a black and gold blur, and then look up to see this:

Blackadambw.png

Indeed it would have, I would've like to see Adam do the same exact thing if he ever faced Captain Marvel in his own episode. It'd be a two part epic, as we'd see Billy realize there's someone who can go toe to toe with him. But in the end, he'd overcome the odds.

Also, me being a Batman fan suggested Deathstroke as well. He never appeared in any of the old animated series. It would be awesome to see him fight Bats and other members of the JLA.

Of course it would be cool to see Black Adam kick butt. Thus why I suggested it too. =P

Deathstroke would hand Batman's ass to him.

trustyside-kick said:
Also, me being a Batman fan suggested Deathstroke as well. He never appeared in any of the old animated series. It would be awesome to see him fight Bats and other members of the JLA.

Of course it would be cool to see Black Adam kick butt. Thus why I suggested it too. =P

If he were to fight some of the other members of the team, most wouldn't stand a chance against him. Identity Crisis showed that Deathstroke faced, Hawkman, Zatanna, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Elongated Man, Atom, Flash, and Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), and with in an instant found their weak spots giving him the upperhand. Like cutting off Hawkman's wings, but that was up until Green Arrow shoved an arrow into Deathstroke's already missing eye socket and the rest of the team used that to their advantage to take him out.

Still, a possible appearence would've been great to see if done right....

Exactly. Deathstroke "The Terminator", the "Master Assassin". Man it would be cool for Deathstroke to be on for at least one episode.

Also since the art is sort of Bruce Timm's style I would really like to see how they would choose to draw him. Same with Black Adam.

I'd really liked to have seen an episode focused around the Atom and his enemy, Floronic Man.

Also, I wouldn't have said no to a full-length ep featuring Zatanna. Love her!
Maybe team her with Huntress: Magic vs Street Fighting?

After seeing quick glimpses of dozens of villains in the background in this season, too bad they couldn't have highlighted more of them, like Psycho-Pirate or other Flash Rogues.

Lastly, for a season-long story arc, how about Kobra and his terrorist organization? It could be like GI JOE's Cobra--except Kobra came first, so it couldn't be seen as a rip-off! And why not the Crime Syndicte? We've already seen a couple different alternate reality versions of the JLU, why not include the "original" variation?

johnny thunder and his magic thunderbolt
SAY YOU

3dman27 said:
johnny thunder and his magic thunderbolt
SAY YOU

Like I've said before, I would've loved to see more of the character. Also, another episode involving Wildcat wouldn't have been that bad either.

The Question said:
Deathstroke would hand Batman's ass to him.

Forgive my lack of comic knowledge, but isn't Deathstroke the assassin in The Enemy Below? Perhaps you can post a picture of him...

Anyway, I am highly resistant to anyone "handing Batman's ass to him." But if Deathstoke is as good as you say, I'd love to see the fight go down so that Batman can unleash his true fighting prowess. Don't get me wrong, what we've seen is great, but there are always opportunities to up the ante.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did a quick Google search on the character and found that he is quite a formidable opponent; he's a Captain America-like character. I'd like to see a fight between him and The Dark Knight indeed.

Batman said:
Like I've said before, I would've loved to see more of the character. Also, another episode involving Wildcat wouldn't have been that bad either.
how about if the teamed him up with judomaster? [one of the former charlton action heroes dc bought in the 80's]

Deathstroke has fought Bruce several times.

Possibly the best example I think of is from Identity Crisis, where he took on the entire JL and kicked some serious a#%, taking down everyone.

His daughter is actually a member of the Teen Titans, she's called Ravager, but dresses just like her dad.

Cryostar1177 said:
Deathstroke has fought Bruce several times.

Possibly the best example I think of is from Identity Crisis, where he took on the entire JL and kicked some serious a#%, taking down everyone.

His daughter is actually a member of the Teen Titans, she's called Ravager, but dresses just like her dad.

Yup, that is what I love about Deathstroke. :up:

3dman27 said:
how about if the teamed him up with judomaster? [one of the former charlton action heroes dc bought in the 80's]

If either Johnny Thunder or Wildcat teamed up with Judomaster, it could be a great episode if ever done right. Or the three come together out of the ordinary, for instance lets say Wildcat is holding up a training session at the Watchtower as those were his duties in the episode The Cat and The Canary before leaving them to compete in a Meta-Brawl held by Roulette and eventually quit after seeing the dangers of it when he faced Green Arrow. Anyways, in walks in Judomaster and Wildcat asks if he'll take up a few kicks on the punching bag with him but then ends up knocking down Wildcat and reveals his true potential. The two become close allies when they're being sent to apprehend and stop a newly found threat, and Johnny Thunder enters as he's told he'll be accompanying them with his genie Thunderbolt. That's how I see it being done, as for villains maybe Mordru or Ultra-Humanite?

Batman said:
If either Johnny Thunder or Wildcat teamed up with Judomaster, it could be a great episode if ever done right. Or the three come together out of the ordinary, for instance lets say Wildcat is holding up a training session at the Watchtower as those were his duties in the episode The Cat and The Canary before leaving them to compete in a Meta-Brawl held by Roulette and eventually quit after seeing the dangers of it when he faced Green Arrow. Anyways, in walks in Judomaster and Wildcat asks if he'll take up a few kicks on the punching bag with him but then ends up knocking down Wildcat and reveals his true potential. The two become close allies when they're being sent to apprehend and stop a newly found threat, and Johnny Thunder enters as he's told he'll be accompanying them with his genie Thunderbolt. That's how I see it being done, as for villains maybe Mordru or Ultra-Humanite?

I really like this idea, Bats. Out of the two villains you listed, I'd so go with Humanite. :up::)

The Flash! said:
I really like this idea, Bats. Out of the two villains you listed, I'd so go with Humanite. :up::)

Thank you, unfortunately we'll never see it happen. Humanite has already appeared on the show three times, so maybe Wilcat and the others should face someone who hasn't.

TheGrayGhost said:
Forgive my lack of comic knowledge, but isn't Deathstroke the assassin in The Enemy Below? Perhaps you can post a picture of him...

Anyway, I am highly resistant to anyone "handing Batman's ass to him." But if Deathstoke is as good as you say, I'd love to see the fight go down so that Batman can unleash his true fighting prowess. Don't get me wrong, what we've seen is great, but there are always opportunities to up the ante.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did a quick Google search on the character and found that he is quite a formidable opponent; he's a Captain America-like character. I'd like to see a fight between him and The Dark Knight indeed.
The assassin in THE ENEMY BELOW is actually Deadshot, who also appeared in HEREAFTER and without his mask as part of Task Force X in TASK FORCE X. At all times he was voiced by Micheal Rosenbaum (whenever he had a speaking role, that is; in HEREAFTER he was silent), who also stars as Flash.

TheGrayGhost said:

He would beat Batman. No question about it. Before he got his powers, he was a special forces soldier in Vietnam who graduated from training at the top of his class, even defeating his superior officer/instructor (and then later marrying her, the ladies man that he is). After he got his powers, he gained a healing factor that makes him functionably immortal, low level superhuman strength, low level superhuman speed, low level superhuman agility, highly superhuman reflexes, enhanced senses, and enhanced cognative functions that make him the single greatest tactitian on Earth. He's basically everything Batman is, except 20 times more efficient.

The Question said:
He would beat Batman. No question about it...

If such a fight were to occur in the DCAU, I doubt it would go down that way. And Bruce Timm being the Batman fanatic that he is, would probably never allow it. I mean, there's no question that Deathstroke is outrageously formidable, but he just won't ever win in a DCAU encounter with Batman because Batman is just too damn loved by the crew. Which is fine by me, because I wouldn't like to see Batman lose either. He's Batman.

It would probably go down like a Rocky fight. You know, lose the first couple of rounds but eventually come out on top. In any case, I think Batman, the pinnacle of human perfection that he is, has a genuine shot at beating Deathstroke, even without the convenience of "helpful" writers. Besides, as I understand it, they've both beaten each other the same number of times in the comics.

But let's not turn this into another analysis of Batman's abilities. We'll just have to see what happens...

Dread said:
The assassin in THE ENEMY BELOW is actually Deadshot, who also appeared in HEREAFTER and without his mask as part of Task Force X in TASK FORCE X. At all times he was voiced by Micheal Rosenbaum (whenever he had a speaking role, that is; in HEREAFTER he was silent), who also stars as Flash.

Right. Deadshot. My mistake.

From what I've read over at Toonzone, he's supposed to be quite the badass.

TheGrayGhost said:
If such a fight were to occur in the DCAU, I doubt it would go down that way. And Bruce Timm being the Batman fanatic that he is, would probably never allow it. I mean, there's no question that Deathstroke is outrageously formidable, but he just won't ever win in a DCAU encounter with Batman because Batman is just too damn loved by the crew. Which is fine by me, because I wouldn't like to see Batman lose either. He's Batman.

That's not an excuse. Batman losing the fight wouldn't make him any less of a character. And everything that anything says about Deathstroke says that he should beat Batman.

TheGrayGhost said:
It would probably go down like a Rocky fight. You know, lose the first couple of rounds but eventually come out on top. In any case, I think Batman, the pinnacle of human perfection that he is, has a genuine shot at beating Deathstroke, even without the convenience of "helpful" writers.

No, he doesn't. Deathstroke is Batman's superior in every way. He's stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than Batman could ever hope to be. You have the two square of and have Batman win, it is badly written. Nothing else.

TheGrayGhost said:
Besides, as I understand it, they've both beaten each other the same number of times in the comics.

The way I understand it, the first time Batman beat Slade, he did the unexpected by whipping out a gun and riddling him with bullets. The second time, it was just crappily written.

Batman said:
Thank you, unfortunately we'll never see it happen. Humanite has already appeared on the show three times, so maybe Wilcat and the others should face someone who hasn't.

:( :(

Which so sucks, it would make an awesome ep for sure. And yeah you're right, I forgot about Humanite being shown that many times. I enjoyed those episodes, I would've loved to see another one with Flash and Linda Park again. Mainly going on a date, but with him as Wally West.

BTW, what's the name of the guy who voices Wildcat?

The Question said:
That's not an excuse. Batman losing the fight wouldn't make him any less of a character. And everything that anything says about Deathstroke says that he should beat Batman.

I'm not trying to make an excuse; I'm just saying that it probably won't ever happen in the DCAU for the reasons I have stated. And if Batman were to lose somehow, it wouldn't make him any less of a character, but it would cheapen his abilities and his incredible will to continue and overcome. At least in my view.

No, he doesn't. Deathstroke is Batman's superior in every way. He's stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than Batman could ever hope to be. You have the two square of and have Batman win, it is badly written. Nothing else.

I believe he does. The only true advantage of Deathstroke that separates the two is his healing factor; everything else Batman matches up to or compensates for. But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"