Which comic adaptation is the most faithful?

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok with the thread " Which comic adaptation is the most unfaithful?" I gonna do the oppoisite starting with these movies:
Rocketeer
Judge Dread
The Shadow
The Phantom
The Crow
Time Cop
V for Vendetta

The character of Tank Girl in the movie is very faithful but that plot really isn't all that much. I mean, there isn't Water & Power in the comic. Sgt. Small's name is really Sgt. Small Unit. The kangaroo people aren't called Rippers. Booga is the only one of them from the comic to appear in the movie. Sub Girl's part was really small and they didn't even call her Sub Girl in the movie. Stevie doesn't appear. Neither does Mr. Precocious or that Koala whose name escapes me at the moment. Those last two are completely forgivable though. They wouldn't work in a movie. Also, the comic takes place in Australia and there isn't a water shortage as far as I gathered...as there is in the movie. As far as if the movie takes place in Australia, that's debatable. There's many instances that suggest that it is but there aren't many Australians around.

the original tmnt movie was pretty faithful. you don't see many comic characters like casey jones showing up in other adaptions. besides for the foot and the purple dragons being collapsed into one entity, and april being a reporter instead of a lab assistant, that's from the cartoon, the movie follows the comic really well.

There are many comic adaptations that were overall faithful but the most faithful one made so far is, "Sin City.":up:

Sin City is pretty faithful, so was Hellboy(Except for John, but he was a great addition).

Sin City is probably most faithful, but then there's dick tracy which was pretty faithful itself, and also Rocketeer. I'm not sure which to choose.

Ok with the thread " Which comic adaptation is the most unfaithful?" I gonna do the oppoisite starting with these movies:
Rocketeer
Judge Dread
The Shadow
The Phantom
Tank Girl
Barb Wire
Men in Black (yes this was a comic from Malibu Comics)
Bulletproof Monk
The Crow
The Mask
Mystery Men
Time Cop

im gonna guess uve never even read half those comics up there, The Mask was one of the least faithfull, they turned it into a comedy and it was a serious comic, Men In Black Jay is white in comic, Mystery Men, missing Flamming Carrot, the characters are totally diffrent from there orignal comic versions. read the comics before you talk about how faithfull they are. and Sin City, The Crow, Hellboy are the most faithfull, Constaintine is probably the most unfaithfull

The only one on the list that I ever read was The Phantom. And that was just the newspaper strip.

Josie and the Pussycats and Sin City

I can't think of any another comic movie that was as faithful as these.

Edit: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Rocketeer, and Dick Tracy

Batman Begins was very faithful to the themes and the core of the characters in the comics.

But, they did change stuff up. But, at it's core..and the character's themes and drives, it's pretty faithful.

Sin City and The Rocketeer seem to be the MOST faithful, not just in themes and drive and the portrayal of the characters.....but even visually.

cryptic name said:
the original tmnt movie was pretty faithful. you don't see many comic characters like casey jones showing up in other adaptions. besides for the foot and the purple dragons being collapsed into one entity, and april being a reporter instead of a lab assistant, that's from the cartoon, the movie follows the comic really well.
i can agree with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"