Teen Titans film/tv series

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
So apparently there are plans for a Young Justice tv series to be spun off of Arrow and The Flash. Personally, I think it has some serious potential to work on tv, but multiple superpowers may be hard to handle on a tv budget.

I've been rewatching the Teen Titans animated series and it's actually pretty solid, aside from some overly childish elements. Still though, the team dynamic is fantastic, Slade is a GREAT villain, along with awesome portrayals of H.I.V.E, and Brother Blood. And Trigon is genuinely creepy and really well done here.

Young Justice was another amazing animated series based around the same idea. Personally, for a movie/tv show I'd combine elements from both animated series, Johns and Wolfman's Teen Titans runs.

Ideally, a Teen Titans/Young Justice movie or tv series would focus on Deathstroke, Trigon, Brother Blood and H.I.V.E as villains.

The team obviously would have to include Robin/Nightwing, but I feel like he is the only required member.

I'd probably start with the Teen Titans animated lineup. (Robin, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Starfire) but I also feel like Superboy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Aqualad and Roy Harper could be valuable additions later on.

If there is indeed a Young Justice spin off set within the Young Justice universe, then I could see the team being Nightwing, Roy Harper, Wally West, Jericho and others..

There are rumors that Stephen McQueen is playing Nightwing, Wally West will probably be introduced at some point on The Flash, and Joe Wilson/Jericho has already been referenced on Arrow.

The CW had plans in the past to do a Raven series, I wouldn't be surprised if they were still interested in getting her on their network, so she could end up being in this hypothetical show too.

I think Teen Titans/Young Justice has a lot of potential for major mainstream success and $$$. Hopefully they decide to do it at some point.

and Cyborg's place is with the Titans. IMO, Robin and Cyborg should be the core of the team. and the central conflict of a Teen Titans series should DEFINITELY be between Robin/Deathstroke. I would love to see a focus on their relationship on film. Arrow vs Deathstroke is cool, but I've always preferred Deathstroke as Dick Grayson's nemesis.

link to the Young Justice Arrow spinoff rumor
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12...the-cw/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Uh, so who all is going to be on the team? Heh. I guess Robin's out of the question by default. Same goes for Cyborg. So who else from the original crew? Changeling? Starfire? Who's on the New 52 team?

Cyborg might actually only be a part of the JL if they ever make a TT movie or series... that'd be a shame tho.

don't really care if it's Young Justice or Teen Titans.......I just want to see a live action version of Raven! ( be it on film or on a tv series )

don't really care if it's Young Justice or Teen Titans.......I just want to see a live action version of Raven! ( be it on film or on a tv series )
they've gotta do Trigon too if they do Raven

Boo. I wanted to see them further diversify, with a female or non-white lead, or both. A show with superboy as the lead in a world where we've seen 10 seasons of Smallville is a copout. No respect.

I just can't see this as a thing. Even as a film, it wouldn't make sense until you have the JLA already, and I'm having a hard time seeing kid sidekicks working with the tone the DC movies are going for. A TV show has much the same thematic problem, and also has the added joy of trying to do a variety of not-at-all street level characters on TV budgets.

I have to admit, the idea of seeing the Titans in live action doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't mean to imply that it couldn't be great, however.

What do you guys think of the Teen Titans animated show? I'm a big fan. If you can get past some slightly childish elements, it's still a great interpretation of the show.

I'm a big fan too, and considering its success i think it was a terrible decision in DC's part not to use the show's success to promote their oun comics, instead their new 52 only alienated most fans.

While Young Justice has the most vocal fans, it wasn't more successful than Teen Titans, seems a bit of a waste to try to capitalise on that instead of the show that gave them the most success and actually had the older and more deserving of a franchise team.

Agreed with all of the above. Yeah I'm thinking the TT show lineup would be perfect for the movies/tv show.

And the New 52 Teen Titans lineup sucks... what's with those costumes too...?

I'm a big fan too, and considering its success i think it was a terrible decision in DC's part not to use the show's success to promote their oun comics, instead their new 52 only alienated most fans.

While Young Justice has the most vocal fans, it wasn't more successful than Teen Titans, seems a bit of a waste to try to capitalise on that instead of the show that gave them the most success and actually had the older and more deserving of a franchise team.

Not really. YJ had the more complex and interesting characters, the deeper storylines, and the critical acclaim. CN seemingly did everything humanly possible to sabotage that show (GL TAS as well).

I was talking about success, not quality itself. And Teen Titans was stilla great show, with its team being older and more deserving of a film due to all the history in the comics. The Perez run was even rivaling the X-Men back in the 80s.

I want a mix and match of the original Titans (Wally, Donna, etc) and the second team.

I've been thinking this for a while. I would like to see a build up, Avengers-style. Raven can easily hold her own movie. Cyborg probably could as well, while Robin (Dick) can be introduced in a Batman film. If they want to throw in Superboy, you can have him in a Man of Steel sequel. Static is another teenaged character who can (and should) get his own film. There's plenty of options. I don't really care what the roster is, as long as Raven is part of it and Trigon is the main villain.

I hope someone sexy plays Kory. they'd have to be willing to wear orange makeup and have a huge wig.

I'd go with a line up of non side-kick (for lack of a better term) types since the older JL'ers havent been introduced or established yet. Nightwing/Robin would be the exception though.

They can use Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, Static, Blue Beetle, Terra, Jericho, Hotspot..etc, basically the non-sidekick types, then introduce Superboy, Wonder Girl, Impulse, Red Arrow...etc

Last edited:
To me, you either don't use any legacy characters-which kills a lot of my excitement, even if I do like the Titans- or you use some kind of World Without Grownups plot device to form the impetus of the series. The latter sounds like a strong concept for me, since it would allow for references to the League and the Big 7 while also providing a reason for the team to step up to the plate and take on huge threats without backup. Considering the likelihood that probably a decade will go by before someone tries to make a solid film about the majority of young heroes, they're ripe for exploitation on the small screen, with the advantages of name recognition and intimidating rogues galleries.

Though if the line up resembles young Justice more than the Titans, call it that and try and emulate those series. I like the Titans, but I love Young Justice. Give me less "Teenage life sucks! We all have dark secrets! Angst! ANGSTTTT!!!" like the New 52's very X-Men derivative tone. A few dark surprises and origins are okay (Superboy, Raven), but if you go overboard and make the team inward focused and try and make their crusades one dimensional, you lose a lot of the superhero coolness (like Arrow Season one compared to Season two) and the general altruism of the heroes gets lost. Plus, Peter David proved that a greater variance between the shows humor and sorrow works much better at keeping readers hooked without being hokie (we can call this the "Blackadder Goes Forth theorem" or the "Felicty Smoak principle.")

I also like the idea of more varied generations of heroes, like a generation one (JSA/JLA), a generation two (JLA/Titans) and a third generation of our heroes (Titans/Young Justice).

I say you have Nightwing be the teacher of a young group of heroes forced to the forefront after the League's disappearance. Aqualad/Aquagirl (Kaldur/Lorena) is the field leader and most experienced after Nightwing, Impulse/Kid Flash (Bart/Wally) is the resident speedster and comedic focus, Miss Martian and Raven pull double duty as our fun female leads for very different reasons, Superboy as the teams new heavy hitter just rescued from Cadmus, and Tim Drake as Robin as the babysitter and best bud of Superboy and Impulse.

Then the rest of the regular Titans can carry on as the new A-team to our stars B-Team, so you can see stuff like Tempest ruling Atlantis, Cyborg being the only Leaguer and Titan to remain on planet as the overall general, and maybe our young heroes teasing Nightwing about his six-foot tall alien supermodel girlfriend.

Trigon is respectable but generally a tired event-only-antagonist if handled incorrectly, while Harm showcases how a smaller scale and personal evil can be equally terrifying but also serve as a recurring antagonist.

Its already too many comics turning into tv series as it is, Gotham, Constantine, Arrow, Flash... I'd be okay with just bringing Young Justice in and have them do recurring roles on both Flash and Arrow sort of like Smallville did with Justice League.

No, because then:

1. None of them would get the development/attention that they need/deserve.
2. It'd take too much focus away from the star of those shows.
3. They JL never actually did much as a group on Smallville, they were kind of pointless really.

No, because then:

1. None of them would get the development/attention that they need/deserve.
2. It'd take too much focus away from the star of those shows.
3. They JL never actually did much as a group on Smallville, they were kind of pointless really.

Each JL member had their own solo episode and they all came back with recurring roles more than once so I disagree. I just think they're over-saturating things with all these comic books turning into television series. Like I think Gotham is unnecessary nobody really cares about Commissioner Gordon's origins. And Young Justice has alot of members with super powers and special effects cost money that televison producers dont have especially during the first season, & I dont want a YJ show with low budget special effects. I'd rather have a YJ movie so it can be done right.

A Nightwing spinoff on CW would be a good place to tell Young Justice/Teen Titans stories without being a full on YJ/TT show.

Maybe in the Arrow/Flash universe we get to see Batman and Superman, but maybe we can't see their faces. If you do a Nightwing show, Batman has to show up eventually. What about only showing his shadow and white eyes? Then you can use Kevin Conroy as the voice... and for Superman, maybe you can see his body and his costume and stuff but maybe the sun blocks out his face, and you can hear Tim Daly as the voice of Superman.

On a Nightwing show, you can have Barbara Gordon as a regular, and you have crossovers with Arrow and The Flash by bringing on Roy Harper and Wally West as guest stars. You can intro various other TT/YJ characters as the show goes on. Deathstroke as a central villain.

If CW can get the rights to a Nightwing show... they should totally do it.

Last edited:
Each JL member had their own solo episode and they all came back with recurring roles more than once so I disagree. I just think they're over-saturating things with all these comic books turning into television series. Like I think Gotham is unnecessary nobody really cares about Commissioner Gordon's origins. And Young Justice has alot of members with super powers and special effects cost money that televison producers dont have especially during the first season, & I dont want a YJ show with low budget special effects. I'd rather have a YJ movie so it can be done right.

They could have YJ mini-series like upcoming netflix marvel shows.

That's why they could have big/high enough budget for special effects.
Everything does not have be a big screen movie or normal tv series.

You right about the Commissioner Gordon show,i really do not have much interest in that.If i watch that normally i rather wait until the dvd comes out.

Last edited:
^A live action netflicks miniseries would be cool.

However, I still think TT/YJ works best as a cartoon/anime compared to live action (not that it would be cool if pulled off properly).

They could have YJ mini-series like upcoming netflix marvel shows.

That's why they could have big/high enough budget for special effects.
Everything does not have bea bigscreen movie or normal tv series.

You right about the Commissioner Gordon show,i really do not have much interest in that.If i watch that normally i rather wait until the dvd comes out.

Yeah Marvel got the right idea with the Netflix mini-series thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"