Age of Extinction Which incarnation should Starscream relate to the most for the sequel?

dancing_on_fire

Civilian
Reaction score
not sure if i worded it correctly, but i was wondering, seeing as the characters will hopefully receive more development in the sequels, which incarnation from the animated series should starscream relate to? Do you think for the sequel he should become more noble like his armada counterpart and end up dieing a hero, should he be like his G1 incarnation, become the leader but still a coward in combat and a failure but with an indestructible spark or his energon incarnation where he is 100% loyal to megatron even after his death?

you cant really say he's any of those in the first film, he barely shows any insight into himself which is why i assume he will have a larger role and it will show us who he really is.

Well the few lines that Megs and SS exchanged gave off a distinct Armada vibe. IE Megatron kicks and abuses SS who only wants to please him. So I'll vote that one.

We essentially have G1 Optimus and Megatron as far as there personalities why deny us Starscream fans what we want? Starscream was a treacherous backstabber and very interesting character, the MOST interesting to me. He was only a coward when he realized Megatron was fed up with him and it was fusion cannon time. Starscream never shyed away from battling the Autobots or crushing flesh creatures. I think a lot of people confuse him with Cobra Commander who WAS a total coward. Starscream was a survivor, a manipulator and a total con artist but I don't see him as a coward at least not when it came to fighting Autobots. In fact he always wanted to attack them head on rather than twiddle thru another dumb scheme of Megatrons.

I'd like to say Armada, because that's my favorite incarnation of Starscream, but I doubt many others would like that version. I'd probably say Cybertron version. A Starscream who's actually got the wits and doesn't back down from a fight, and even manages to accomplish his goals.

I really hated G1 Starscream, always a freaking big mouth, but when Megatron threatened to blast his ass to smithereens, he started to crawl and to beg.

I'd like to say Armada, because that's my favorite incarnation of Starscream, but I doubt many others would like that version. I'd probably say Cybertron version. A Starscream who's actually got the wits and doesn't back down from a fight, and even manages to accomplish his goals.

I really hated G1 Starscream, always a freaking big mouth, but when Megatron threatened to blast his ass to smithereens, he started to crawl and to beg.

But it was only Megatron who Starscream feared. None of the other Decepticons really ever challeneged Starscream's authority and with good reason, it says right on his tech spec Megatron keeps him around because "he is very good at what he does". Obviously Starscream is powerful and capable of kicking butt when need be as he clearly won the battle within Astrotrain to replace Megatron and Soundwave and even Devastator was involved in that.

I don't care if it's just Megatron. I couldn't stand the sight of him begging like a little girl for his life.

We essentially have G1 Optimus and Megatron as far as there personalities why deny us Starscream fans what we want? Starscream was a treacherous backstabber and very interesting character, the MOST interesting to me. He was only a coward when he realized Megatron was fed up with him and it was fusion cannon time. Starscream never shyed away from battling the Autobots or crushing flesh creatures. I think a lot of people confuse him with Cobra Commander who WAS a total coward. Starscream was a survivor, a manipulator and a total con artist but I don't see him as a coward at least not when it came to fighting Autobots. In fact he always wanted to attack them head on rather than twiddle thru another dumb scheme of Megatrons.

Starscream was a bit of coward in the sense he never challenged megatron, and he never felt comfortable going into battle without support from his collegues

Starscream should be treacherous, but not a coward... He kicked a lot of @$$ in Bay's movie, but in G1 he was a whiny little wussy. Also, his desire to overthrow Megatron should be no-where near as open as they were in G1, because that was just ridiculous. Movie Megatron would off Starscream the moment he suspects him of insubordination, so SS would have to be a lot sneakier.

Starscream was a bit of coward in the sense he never challenged megatron, and he never felt comfortable going into battle without support from his collegues

Never challenged Megatron? Many episodes had Starscream not only mouthing off to Megatron about his stupid plans while the other Decepticons were silent. Not only mouthing off but Starscream also flat out shot Megs a few times he just didn't have the firepower to kill someone as powerful as Megatron. Also watch the episode Starscream's Brigade its my favorite of all time :trans:

I voted G1. I still want Starscream to be a treacherous, backstabbing SOB who wants to lead the Decepticons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"