Which Netflix characters should be a part of the grander MCU now?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Now that Netflix has cancelled the MCU over there, it begs the question of which characters from the Netflix verse should have proper Marvel Cinematic Universe adaptations?

I'd like them to stay on TV if anything. If not, then Luke Cage & Iron Fist could fit in nicely somewhere I guess.

Luke Cage would fit into a New Avengers lineup pretty easily same goes for Iron Fist

Short of Jessica (because all she really wants to be is a detective) and Frank Castle (because I can't see him taking orders), I can see all and any of the other characters working within the MCU, or even as an Avenger.

Luke has the strength and the invulnerability, Matt has the enhanced senses, and Danny has the martial arts; the latter two would be fair replacements for Tasha & Clint at least. The problem with Danny though, is that they're going to be introducing Shang Chi soon, and I just don't see them having two martial-art heavy characters on the team.

All of them.

None have to join the Avengers. I don't think that's the question.

Should they get their own film installments? Yes. And given the response to the Netflix shows Daredevil and Punisher are the ones probably most deserving of continuing with the casts they had.

Thing is everyone quotes Fiege saying there'll be no Marvel Studios proper MCU product with an R rating and well... I can't see a satisfying film of either of those that doesn't mirror the style and content of the streaming shows they had.

I would go with Jessica Jones then well to replace Nat and to replace Clint I would go with Daredevil

1. Charlie Cox's Daredevil is awesome, I'd love to see him get a film or show up in a crossover. I don't think it would need to be R rated to work, the series has a pretty similar tone to Nolan's Batman trilogy and those were PG-13.
  2. I'd also love to see Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin show up in a Spider-Man film.
  3. She's not from a Netflix show but I'd love Daisy Johnson from Agents of SHIELD to show up working for Fury.
  4. It'd be cool to see Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the films but I didn't love the shows so wouldn't mind if they get recast.
Punisher and Jessica Jones are great shows but they're way darker than anything we've seen on the film side of the MCU and the interesting stories with those characters are almost inherently R rated. I reckon they're better suited for TV.

Last edited:
  1. Charlie Cox's Daredevil is awesome, I'd love to see him get a film or show up in a crossover. I don't think it would need to be R rated to work, the series has a pretty similar tone to Nolan's Batman trilogy and those were PG-13.
  2. I'd also love to see Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin show up in a Spider-Man film.
  3. She's not from a Netflix show but I'd love Daisy Johnson from Agents of SHIELD to show up working for Fury.
  4. It'd be cool to see Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the films but I didn't love the shows so wouldn't mind if they get recast.
Punisher and Jessica Jones are great shows but they're way darker than anything we've seen on the film side of the MCU and the interesting stories with those characters are almost inherently R rated. I reckon they're better suited for TV.

Kingpin would be best suited in a Spider Man film with Holland but with Daisy Johnson working for Fury she more or less fills the Maria Hill or Agent Coulson void but for the films Luke Cage should get his own film under Feige and so should Daredevil and Jessica Jones all under the Disney Feige umbrella. Luke Cage and Daredevil and Jessica Jones can join Phase 4 or 5 in the film universe pretty easily as well as Fantastic Four and X-Men. Either way the Netflix verse is over and these characters can now join the film universe. I say it is a blessing.

Punisher doesn't fit in the mcu as he will need an r rating.

Daredevil yes could be done. But i think we'll have to see how bw does. Can a street level hero with little to no powers be a block buster success? BW may get away with it by going full bond with magnificent sets and gadgets whathaveyou. DD not sure there is enough for audiences to want to watch it in cinemas rather than at home.

JJ LC and IF no. IFi would have said yes if shang chi wasn't being made.

With Wolverine and Psylocke inevitably coming back to the MCU, they should reestablish The Hand as the badass ninja cult that they are.

They are one of the most notorious groups in the Marvel Universe just as much as the Hellfire Club. Start treating them that way Feige.

Besides Kingpin who I can see as the power behind a flashy Spider-Man foe I can see the Punisher being used similarly to Batroc in The Winter Soldier

Plus Daredevil would fit in the universe quite easily in the sense that he could mix it up with any of The Avengers. Yeah sure he doesn't have powers but he has enhanced senses which makes him just as formidable and seeing him meet any of the Avengers at all would make for some great scenes.

Plus Daredevil would fit in the universe quite easily in the sense that he could mix it up with any of The Avengers. Yeah sure he doesn't have powers but he has enhanced senses which makes him just as formidable and seeing him meet any of the Avengers at all would make for some great scenes.

He could mix it with bw and hawkeye and falcon but that's about it. Even with enhanced senses he is just an extremely talented human.

Frank Castle as a part of the MCU...could you imagine

With Wolverine and Psylocke inevitably coming back to the MCU, they should reestablish The Hand as the badass ninja cult that they are.

They are one of the most notorious groups in the Marvel Universe just as much as the Hellfire Club. Start treating them that way Feige.
Yeah it shouldn't be hard to make them really intimidating and interesting.

I would say all of them. But Marvel Stud10s will be launching films for Black Widow, Eternals and Shang Chi. Possibly the X-Men and the Fantastic Four as well. So the characters that were wasted for tv won't be used anytime soon in any of the films, if someone gets introduced, its probably just 1 or 2.

If one or 2 get introduced then I would get Luke Cage in there or Daredevil or both

Black Widow is a non-powered skill hero. Black Widow is *not* a street level hero.

The former is about the type and nature of their "powers". The latter is about their scale of capability. Not all skilled normals are the same scale, anymore than all bricks or all energy controllers. Sometimes your scope of power is "fight crime from the rooftops", sometimes its "save the world", sometimes its in between.

The MCU movie version of Daredevil who should play Daredevil? Matt Bomer is my pick

The MCU movie version of Daredevil who should play Daredevil? Matt Bomer is my pick

Charlie Cox. Even if they do make the Netflix shows non-canon (and I'd rather they didn't), they should keep the awesome cast.

If Kevin Conroy can play multiple versions of Batman, there's no reason Cox can't do the same with Daredevil.

Black Widow is a non-powered skill hero. Black Widow is *not* a street level hero.

Whether you want to call Widow and Hawkeye street level or not, they're a lot closer to Daredevil's level in a fight than they are to the rest of the Avengers. They're also significantly weaker than street levelers like Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Last edited:
Charlie Cox. Even if they do make the Netflix shows non-canon (and I'd rather they didn't), they should keep the awesome cast.

If Kevin Conroy can play multiple versions of Batman, there's no reason Cox can't do the same with Daredevil.

In a perfect world I would agree with you but knowing Feige he would probably want to recast

In a perfect world I would agree with you but knowing Feige he would probably want to recast

I don't know, Cox is already officially the MCU Daredevil, critics and fans agree he's nailed the part and he's younger than Boseman, Cumberbatch and various other actors Feige's planning his franchise around. Why wouldn't they want him in the films?

Plus making the most popular MCU TV show officially non-canon when there are a bunch of other MCU TV shows planned doesn't seem like good business sense.

Fox film division I said should be had for darker R-rated takes back when the purchase was simply rumored and I got skewered for it. That being said, now that Disney owns Fox I think it's become apparent Disney has to maintain a certain standard within their film division. Alan Horne said so himself that Disney now can make different kinds of films now that they own Fox.

Since Disney OWNS Fox maybe some people here can stop with the constant trolling of Fox and see that this offers an opportunity to create different films under the Disney umbrella. Whether it's appropriate for said different films to involve Marvel properties is up for conjecture...

That being said what I'm getting at is only character I'd like to see continuing is Daredevil. A fitting ending for him I think is necessary even if it's a movie made for streaming.

A lot of opportunity was missed with the Netflix shows (failure to adapt) that I won't get into here. They dawdled and budget seemed less than ABC shows (initial impression like some massive movie never seen before sort of like what people think the Disney+ shows will be now). That being said what they had to work with, there were some amazing moments acting wise and action wise in the Daredevil series. Jessica Jones had a few moments initially in the first season but really sort of fell short for me overall. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Defenders just kind of rang hollow but Punisher did have some interesting action sequences I'll give it that but too much B.S.

I would like to see a "rebooted" Luke Cage in the MCU proper.

I'd also love to see Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin show up in a Spider-Man film.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but everything they've been doing in the MCU just feels so much larger than the Kingpin we've seen on Daredevil. I would love it, don't get me wrong, but how would they incorporate him into the storyline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"