Which Title Sounds Better?

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Okay, so I got a queation for the people in here.

Which one of these titles sounds best?

"The Rules of a Break-Up"
"The Dumped Life"
"From Geek To Chic"
"Geek To Chic"

Here's the premise to help you think.

The story of a guy in high school where all the girls come to him to talk about their boyfriends and it made it jealous girls never seen him in that light.

So with all the information he had gathered in the years. He turns himself into a slick Ladies man who gets with these women and before any kind of relationship can form he breaks it up. He has a etimacy of relationships from what happen in High School.

So he meets this girl and before he has the chance to break up with her, She breaks up with him. And it drives him crazy. And he tries to get back with this girl just so he can break it off himself. He's kinda a vein arrogant prick. No women does this to him. But as the dates go on and on its harder for him to break things off with her since he's starting to fall for this girl. Which something he swore he would never do again.

in will be in the vein of movies like 40 year old virgin.knocked up and forgetting sarah marshall.

I voted for The Break-Up Plan although I was also leaning toward Rules of a Break-Up.

The Dumped Life sounds like the title of an off-beat TV show that'd be surprisingly funny and get cancelled for failing to find an audience because it'd be a teen drama with more comedic elements than overblown angst.

The two Geek/Chic titles remind me of episodes of The Jenny Jones Show where her guests were always these plain or ordinary teenaged girls who grew up and started dressing like complete ****es because they developed self-image issues when the one popular kid they had a crush on ignored them. Then they'd invite the former popular kid, who has since married, to show them how much they've changed because despite being 35 years old, they feel the saga of their transformation into ****edom will not find closure unless they can tempt and deny someone they haven't seen since they were 12.

All right i'll take that into consideration then thanks.

Anyone else wanna say something?

1st half of the the premise seems identical to Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds. :huh:

1st half of the the premise seems identical to Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds. :huh:
Well, the first part is loosely based on my life in high school. But i can asure this movie is nothing like Just Friends. (Even know i like it and think its a funny movie)

In all fairness, the first half also sounds vaguely like Ducky's character in Pretty In Pink. It's not exactly a new formula.

In all fairness, the first half also sounds vaguely like Ducky's character in Pretty In Pink. It's not exactly a new formula.
Yes, I know even know i've never seen that movie. But not much of this really takes place in high school. It's just the opening scene and then after that fast forwards into the future 10 years later and you see him now and what he;s doing since he was hurt long ago in High School.

While i'm too tired to add any comment with meaning. I will say i like your story.

Kudos TAC :)

Geek to Chic has a nice ring to it, it's short, and flows nicely.

I picked Break Up Plan. I wouldn't pick either of the geek titles because the focus of the movie doesn't appear to be that he goes from geek to chic, the focus is the breaking up.

For those wondering what ever came about the script I was writting. Well you can check it out in my sig. You have to download it and its in PDF, so you'll need adobe acrobat document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"