Who are the best super heroes?

Y

yoshi507

A three person super hero team must be formed to save the world from being invaded by alien forces. These super heroes can be from any median such as comic books, TV shows, movies, cartoons, etc.. What three super heroes would pick? What are your reasons for picking them?

Get a new Hobby @ www.TheHobbyShopp.com

Hm...
Green Lantern, Link, and Jacen Solo.

well...

In that scenario, you clearly want alot of power, but more importantly, you need versatility. There's no use sending three really strong people in if the threat is magical in nature, or if the situation requires a complicated scientific solution. And I'm also assuming we're not taking ridiculously uber characters who might be from alternate futures or dimensions, or were super-powered up but just for a few panals or anything like that, or cosmic entities and such. And no villains, either. But based on that, I'd go:

Superman - for sheer, raw power, and a variety of powers at that
Dr. Strange - Sorceror SUPREME, for all your magical challenges
Reed Richards - the big brain, the guy you need when everything that's going wrong is way over your head.

that'd be a pretty ass-kicking team

I'd swap Superman for The Sentry. Unless we're talking Pre Crisis, Sentry has way more power. I mean, fella decked Galctus.

eh, if I wanted to, I could swap him for Goku, too, but that would just start up a ridiculous argument

What about a GL? The ring slingers have always struck me as having more power than Supes. Or at least the potential to be more powerful. The range of their influence alone kind of trumps Supes.

Current GLs are pretty crappy, actually. They're getting owned left and right these days.

My team would consist of:

Thanos--raw power to spare and a hell of a lot of versatility to boot
The Spectre--magic in the DC universe trumps pretty much everything, and the Spectre trumps all other magic users
Dr. Doom--the smartest man ever, pretty much, and ruthless enough to get the job done at any cost

really if you could choose ANYBODY on your superteam i'd just choose galactus.lol. but i think that's cheating. i think you'd need Reed Richards, the Sentry and the Silver Surfer. Power, brains and cosmic experience. the threat was stated as "alien" so im guessing not so much magic or if it was itd be in the Surfer's experience. Really any major Galactus herald would do. Can you guess im reading Last Planet Standing right now? :)

Mr. Fantastic- I was gonna put Mr. Terrific, but I have to give credit where credit is due, I think Reed might have him beat..

Dr. Fate- When it comes to magic, you gotta have the best

Superman/Captain Marvel- Depending on whether the threat is magic or not would be what tipped my hand in either direction, I'd rather have Supes, but if it's a magical being, I'll go with Marvel, just for his resistances...

You've got brains, sorcery, and unhealthy amounts of power in that combination...

with a little more knowledge of the threat, I might switch out Fate for Hal Jordan as GL, depending on the situation...

MyPokerShirt said:
really if you could choose ANYBODY on your superteam i'd just choose galactus.lol. but i think that's cheating. i think you'd need Reed Richards, the Sentry and the Silver Surfer. Power, brains and cosmic experience. the threat was stated as "alien" so im guessing not so much magic or if it was itd be in the Surfer's experience. Really any major Galactus herald would do. Can you guess im reading Last Planet Standing right now? :)
The Surfer can't do much more than anyone else against magic.

Hulk
Wolverine
Wendigo

Just because I'd love to see a team venture with those guys.

Superman
Captain America (he's the best tactician in the Marvel Universe, bar none)
Doctor Strange

With this team, you've got amazing physical force in Superman, great leadership and tactical thinking from Cap, and with Doc Strange they'd better be able to destroy significant sections of space/time to stand a chance.

He Man - for his strength, long flowing blonde locks, cool sword, and Battle Cat.
Mumm Ra - for his magical powers.
Sponge Bob Square Pants - Show respect to the Square Pants.

I'd say either Reed or Tony Stark (For the whole brain aspect, though Reed's a better bet, since Tony likes to play hero. To Reed.)

Since Sentry is undefined, and with the possibility of him being high cosmic level, I won't count him (Or else I'd just say the Living Tribunal). So I'm going with the Silver Surfer. Lots of power, lots of wisdom, not rash for the most part, and with tons of experience to boot. (I said wisdom, but I mean wisdom as judging things and such.) Especially since he has some sort of undefined energy boost. But any energy boost above his non heralded level would make him that much stronger. I know I said I discounted Sentry for the cosmic reason. But if Sentry CAN go head to head with Galactus, that's puts him in a few leagues above the Surfer, who still can't compete with Galactus for the most part.

Doctor Strange, easily him. I'd say Shazam, but he could probably solve most problems all on his own. Not to say Superman can't, but Shazam would have WAY more dominion of ability to stop threats. Or maybe Doctor Fate. But Doctor Strange just feels more impressive.

Hal Jordan -raw power and an enormous range of experiance.
Silver Surfer-much the same as above.
Captain Comet-super intellegence, telepathy, telekinesis, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, matter manipulation,and roamed space having adventures for decades. Oh, and he has his own starship.

Superman - Amazingly powerful, and great morals...definatley someone you'd want on your side

Mr. Fantastic - He's the man to go to when your in a jam...there aren't many problems he can't solve

Doctor Strange - Is there anything he can't do??

These 3 guys would own everyone.

heh, hey Sparta, did you read my response before you wrote yours? ;)

haha no! That's awesome though :up: Great minds think alike I guess lol :D

That team would be able to counter practically any threat

X-Man (Shaman) - mostly because his main job is to protect. Secondly because he is one of the three OmegaLevel telekines
Wolverine - ground work has to be done... I can't think of anyone better
Super Girl - gotta have somebody hot on the team:up:

Thor, Superman, and The Specter!

You have the strongest God that would ever give a crap about earth, the strongest man in the universe, and the most powerful magic being! What more could you ask for?

Desak the God Slayer? who Thor had to TALK out of kicking his ass

Mjolinar said:
Thor, Superman, and The Specter!

You have the strongest God that would ever give a crap about earth, the strongest man in the universe, and the most powerful magic being! What more could you ask for?
Odin is more powerful, Doomsday is by Far stronger than Supes and Specter is equal to or less than Nabu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"