Is Super-Heroism Possible?

donaldthe3rd

Civilian
Reaction score
As a fan of comic books for quite some time now, I've asked myself countless times if anyone could really become a super-hero. Though there are those who could say that there are already super-heroes in todays society such as police officers, firefighters, etc. Adn we've also seen people without special powers that have become super-heroes, and possibly the best known is Batman. Yes he may not have powers but he has his gadgets, tools, weapons and not to mention his wealth and genius IQ.
For myself personally I have always wanted to become a super-hero and would like to know from the people on this site to know what they think on this particular subject. Is it possible or not? What would be your reaction to a real life super-hero??

Possivly, but I don't think that people would expect much out of u as a super hero...just because they know ur not super human or anything like that...my reaction would probably make me **** my pants if there was a real life superhero...lol but yeah would it be possible to be a superhero thats a good question.

I suppose so, but i guess another question to ask is what could you do to immitate super powers? Like how Spider-man had those web braclets that he used to immitate web or how Ironman has rocket boots or jetpacks to fly instead of actually having the ability to fly.

It could be done. I mean with enough money you could be like a Batman type of hero. Mobile Phone have become that small now days they could be used as spy devices.

I think it is possible, both for non powered heroes and, even though it sounds very wierd, powered heroes. I won't get into the powers right now (as I'm about to go to sleep and it'll take a while), but the non powered could be done. The only problem is that if you're just going to patrol a neighborhood for muggers, you won't end up doing all that much, and if you're trying to do something bigger like take down an organized crime figure, you'll have to fight smart instead of hard, mostly using theivery and spying to gather information and evidence instead of actually busting heads, avoiding physical confrontations as much as possible, and using stealth and guerilla techniques when you are forced to fight.

y'know, I've wondered that myself. following the whole 'Batman as an urban legend' take and how they presented Daredevil in the Affleck film would it be possible for someone to fight crime while staying under the radar of news and police?

Dope Nose said:
y'know, I've wondered that myself. following the whole 'Batman as an urban legend' take and how they presented Daredevil in the Affleck film would it be possible for someone to fight crime while staying under the radar of news and police?

The news? Probably. The police? Not so much. If he were doing something that was really making a difference, like collecting evidence against the mob and delivering it to the cops, then they'd obviously know about him. They wouldn't know much, but they'd know he's out there.

If you are keeping your self as you had said The Question, a stealthy and secret super hero, then do you think it would be necessary for a costume and name? Or would you dress in casual clothing?

donaldthe3rd said:
If you are keeping your self as you had said The Question, a stealthy and secret super hero, then do you think it would be necessary for a costume and name? Or would you dress in casual clothing?

A mask of some sort would be helpful. Even if you are doing things stealthily, gathering information through theft and spying, there's still a chance that someone would catch a glimps of you, so you want to be prepared in case that happens. Gloves would be good so you don't leave finger prints. And you should carry some weapons in case you are forced into a fight, even though you should avoid them. As for a name, it's not necessairy, and the cops would probably come up with one for you just so they have something to call you.

The Question said:
As for a name, it's not necessairy, and the cops would probably come up with one for you just so they have something to call you.

"Look! It's Transvestite-Man!"

I see, I've also been thinking about a super-villain, d you think that there would be anyone that would be crazy enough to fill that role?

donaldthe3rd said:
I see, I've also been thinking about a super-villain, d you think that there would be anyone that would be crazy enough to fill that role?

There already have been. Adolf Hitler, Ted Bundy, Osama Bin Laden, Whitey Bulger, Al Capone, Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac Killer, Joseph Stalin, etc. We've had more than enough super villains in the world.

True, very true, but in the sense of someone who would appear in costume and have a name? But then again the Zodiac killer wore a mask with a zodiac symbol on his chest, and carried weapons.

donaldthe3rd said:

i would. go start fighting crime and i'll be your villain.

Yeah me too, u can have a complete rogues gallery u kno if u keep getting villians like us...

donaldthe3rd said:
True, very true, but in the sense of someone who would appear in costume and have a name? But then again the Zodiac killer wore a mask with a zodiac symbol on his chest, and carried weapons.

Exactly. The main reason for a mask and a name is so that no one knows who you are. There have been a few of those already. All we need now is super powers, which I do think are possible to a degree, and we'd be set.

Yes, It is possible to be a superhero. You need to be very smart and brave.
You would have to learn martial arts and be strong.
It is possible to be the Rocketeer. The jet-packs do exist in our world.

Yeah thats for sure, i guess with the technology we have now a days, just about anyone can be a super-hero. As for my look on it, its possibly something i would prefer to do.

Hasn't somebody already tried it on these forums before? I can remember years back when someone was going around at night on 'patrol'.

My friend does around where he lives. He goes on patrol from midnight to about 3am. He reckons its so quiet outside and only a few problems have gone on.

dusk20 said:
Hasn't somebody already tried it on these forums before? I can remember years back when someone was going around at night on 'patrol'.

Me, perhaps?

;)

I already have the costume and name that i want, plus a selected weapon that should prove extremely successful in a fight.

Serious? do you have photos and stuff?

If so, you've gotta post them.

Yeah, photo's would be sweet, my friend and I looked into something like being superheros once. We wanted to do it so bad, but the location in which we had picked out to do it at, was almost a perfect place just about no crime. I think the biggest thing that happened there in a while was a kid stole a few jolly ranchers from the candy shop, so we decided to not be superheros because there was no point. Also with the technology of today and a fat check u can become a superhero in no time flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"