Comics who can beat him?

Well he did beat him in a magazine but he wasn't out for the count.

What would happen if Superman had this 'prep time'?!

The world would cease to exist! :eek:

That's one of the reasons that i hate the bats because of his prep-time. Well anyway, supes is immortal

MajinShenron said:
Hulk could beat Superman with a hand tied behind his back.

Nope, already officially established. Go pick up DC v Marvel.

Eh... well I'm not sure what could be MORE official, but I suppose it could be looked at entirely the other way.
Fair enough.

PWN3R RANGER said:
What would happen if Superman had this 'prep time'?!

The world would cease to exist! :eek:

well dood duh! i mean...everyone with preptime is at least....1,000,345,252 times stronger....EVERYONE knows that!

Lord Melo said:
Eh... well I'm not sure what could be MORE official, but I suppose it could be looked at entirely the other way.
Fair enough.

uhmm alot of things could be more official...like let's say if they actually put out a book on it and killed one of the characters (which of course they won't do) I mean...just cause fans vote on it doesn't mean it is official

bud7486 said:
DC watered down Superman to make his comics more appealing. But when it comes right down to it, if Superman doesnt hold anything back he can destroy anybody he faces. It might be a very tough fight but ultimately Superman will always come out on top, DC will make sure of that. I mean after all he IS Superman!:supes:
That's one of the most nonsensical statements I've ever read that was intended to be serious.

Of course, maybe you're like Leaguer and you're just playing mindgames with me.

Superman, according to you, is utterly invinceable and he could stop anyone...

..but...wouldn't that be the most boring story in the world.

"Superman Distroys all his enemys and just happens to kills Batman and most, if not all, of the Justice Leage all in 15 minutes and has enough time to give Lois six orgasms and have her make him a sandwhich, which he promply throws it at her at the speed of sound, leaving a clean sandwhich shaped hole in her head."

The Goddamn Batman.

By the ay.....that's the funniest thing anyone has ever typed in the history of mankind.

Bah......gives Lois SIX orgasms.....lol, you should be a comedian.

Ming said:

"Superman Distroys all his enemys and just happens to kills Batman and most, if not all, of the Justice Leage all in 15 minutes and has enough time to give Lois six orgasms and have her make him a sandwhich, which he promply throws it at her at the speed of sound, leaving a clean sandwhich shaped hole in his head."
15 minutes? Man, those are Chuck Norris kind of numbers.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hal Jordan. Didn't he (as Parallax) KO Superman at one point?

I'm pretty sure they revealed in the very next issue that both Superman and Batman were playing possum. Hawkman didn't really beat him.

He just got a hit, that's about it. Nothing really happened.

The Question said:
When Flash is running at top speeds, he can pull of a little trick called the infinite mass punch, which basically is a punch that packs enough force to send Superman into orbit.

Thats if superman is stuyid enough to remain on the ground during the fight.

Ming said:

"Superman Distroys all his enemys and just happens to kills Batman and most, if not all, of the Justice Leage all in 15 minutes and has enough time to give Lois six orgasms and have her make him a sandwhich, which he promply throws it at her at the speed of sound, leaving a clean sandwhich shaped hole in his head."

haha..learn to spell man! LOL

The flash can pose supes a problem no doubt, but he will still loose.

Spike_x1 said:
Doomsday has killed Superman before, but he's been watered down significantly in recent years.

Darkseid too, was stronger than Superman and his Omega Beams are capable of wiping Superman from existance. But like Doomsday, Darkseid has been watered down quite a bit too.

In a straight fight, the Parasite would beat Superman every time. Of course, the true Parasite (Rudy) was killed off about 5 years ago and his replacement (Alexandra) is very easily defeated (a layer of clothing can stop her in her tracks).

With kryptonite powering him, Metallo has easily pounded Superman into the ground before. Without kryptonite, Metallo can still hold his own, usually with the help of some sort of gimmick (like his Cerberus/indestructible body, or the geo-magnet). Of course, Metallo's robot body has been taken from him recently, and he too is not really much of a threat anymore.

The Atomic Skull had strength on par with Superman, and he originally had invulnerability similar to Superman's when he was first introduced, but that power seems to have been retconned (and now it doesn't make sense that he can take a punch from Superman, but the force of a bullet's impact will take him out :confused: ). Unfortunately, the Skull was killed off a few months ago.

There are a number of other members of Superman's own rogues gallery who have a good chance of defeating Superman in a fight, but most of them have been forgotten by the current writers. And it seems that the few more well-known Superman villains who haven't been forgotten and once had a strong chance of beating him (listed above) have been either watered down, killed off, or had their powers taken away.

Of course, there are always the characters who aren't necessary limited to Metropolis who have the potential to single-handedly defeat Superman, such as Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, the Spectre, Zoom, the Flash, Mordru, and many others.

Superman did not died when he fought Doomsday. He power drained and he was in a coma like state so that his powers can be up again. The last time he truely died was back in the early 80s. Lex killed him but was brought back to life by Supergirl and Krypto. Superman died of a total of 7 times but he came back to life each time.

Batman could beat him, with cunning, surprise, thoughtful planning of th battleground and awereness of the surroundings, and calculation of Superman's Modius Operenda'. With those things in mind, virtually anyone could beat Superman. It isn't always brawn that wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"