• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics who can beat him?

FrankCastle6

Civilian
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Points
11
so like...who can beat superman??? i am not to into his comics....but who could do it? isn't he like...invincible
 
Doomsday has killed Superman before, but he's been watered down significantly in recent years.

Darkseid too, was stronger than Superman and his Omega Beams are capable of wiping Superman from existance. But like Doomsday, Darkseid has been watered down quite a bit too.

In a straight fight, the Parasite would beat Superman every time. Of course, the true Parasite (Rudy) was killed off about 5 years ago and his replacement (Alexandra) is very easily defeated (a layer of clothing can stop her in her tracks).

With kryptonite powering him, Metallo has easily pounded Superman into the ground before. Without kryptonite, Metallo can still hold his own, usually with the help of some sort of gimmick (like his Cerberus/indestructible body, or the geo-magnet). Of course, Metallo's robot body has been taken from him recently, and he too is not really much of a threat anymore.

The Atomic Skull had strength on par with Superman, and he originally had invulnerability similar to Superman's when he was first introduced, but that power seems to have been retconned (and now it doesn't make sense that he can take a punch from Superman, but the force of a bullet's impact will take him out :confused: ). Unfortunately, the Skull was killed off a few months ago.

There are a number of other members of Superman's own rogues gallery who have a good chance of defeating Superman in a fight, but most of them have been forgotten by the current writers. And it seems that the few more well-known Superman villains who haven't been forgotten and once had a strong chance of beating him (listed above) have been either watered down, killed off, or had their powers taken away.

Of course, there are always the characters who aren't necessary limited to Metropolis who have the potential to single-handedly defeat Superman, such as Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, the Spectre, Zoom, the Flash, Mordru, and many others.
 
not to mention Batman with is krytonite ring, and his prep-time. also wonderwoman with a her superior fighting skills can beat him. Not to mention myxy could kill him wtih a thought. Then theirs captain marvel who could beat superman, and then theirs the greek gods and other gods etc.
 
Spike_x1 said:
Doomsday has killed Superman before, but he's been watered down significantly in recent years.

Darkseid too, was stronger than Superman and his Omega Beams are capable of wiping Superman from existance. But like Doomsday, Darkseid has been watered down quite a bit too.

In a straight fight, the Parasite would beat Superman every time. Of course, the true Parasite (Rudy) was killed off about 5 years ago and his replacement (Alexandra) is very easily defeated (a layer of clothing can stop her in her tracks).

With kryptonite powering him, Metallo has easily pounded Superman into the ground before. Without kryptonite, Metallo can still hold his own, usually with the help of some sort of gimmick (like his Cerberus/indestructible body, or the geo-magnet). Of course, Metallo's robot body has been taken from him recently, and he too is not really much of a threat anymore.

The Atomic Skull had strength on par with Superman, and he originally had invulnerability similar to Superman's when he was first introduced, but that power seems to have been retconned (and now it doesn't make sense that he can take a punch from Superman, but the force of a bullet's impact will take him out :confused: ). Unfortunately, the Skull was killed off a few months ago.

There are a number of other members of Superman's own rogues gallery who have a good chance of defeating Superman in a fight, but most of them have been forgotten by the current writers. And it seems that the few more well-known Superman villains who haven't been forgotten and once had a strong chance of beating him (listed above) have been either watered down, killed off, or had their powers taken away.

Of course, there are always the characters who aren't necessary limited to Metropolis who have the potential to single-handedly defeat Superman, such as Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, the Spectre, Zoom, the Flash, Mordru, and many others.

oohhh...ok. Thank you!
 
Eros said:
not to mention Batman with is krytonite ring, and his prep-time.

I don't think Bats should be included on this list because using Kryptonite to defeat Superman doesn't take much ability or strength. Bats' butler Alfred can get kryptonite and defeat Supes. I have more respect for someone if they can defeat Superman without the use of Kryptonite. Like Doomsday, Darkseid, Lobo, Fate, etc.
 
Spike_x1 said:
Of course, there are always the characters who aren't necessary limited to Metropolis who have the potential to single-handedly defeat Superman, such as Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, the Spectre, Zoom, the Flash, Mordru, and many others.

The Flash could beat supes?
 
dr collossus said:
The Flash could beat supes?

That's a serious maybe depending on which Flash and who gets the first surprise move in. If you're looking a good idea of what Flash(-es) might try doing to Supes, pick up the new Crisis series where all the Flashes attack Superboy Prime, who is apparently on the mad high power level of Superman Prime.
 
Who can beat Superman? Nobody. Who can beat hope, true and justice? Nobody. He will always come back.
 
dr collossus said:
The Flash could beat supes?


When Flash is running at top speeds, he can pull of a little trick called the infinite mass punch, which basically is a punch that packs enough force to send Superman into orbit.
 
ssj wolverine said:
I don't think Bats should be included on this list because using Kryptonite to defeat Superman doesn't take much ability or strength. Bats' butler Alfred can get kryptonite and defeat Supes. I have more respect for someone if they can defeat Superman without the use of Kryptonite. Like Doomsday, Darkseid, Lobo, Fate, etc.
Don't let "Smallville" fool you. When exposed to kryptonite, Superman doesn't automatically just keel over and become helpless. He still has more than enough strength get up and fly away.

From Superman's perspective, think of a couple minutes worth of kryptonite radiation poisoning as a really painful and dizzying case of the flu. You feel like [dramatization]"oh man, please, someone shoot me rather than let me live through this agony!"[/dramatization] Even though you feel that way, you can still easily get up and walk away, even if it pains you to do so.

That's why you need someone like Metallo to keep Superman down for the count in concurrence with the kryptonite.
 
I also think Preus could hold his own against Supes, as could Gog or Magog (whichever). Whad'ya think, Spike?:up: or:down
 
Superman is immortal meaning he can't die.
 
KaptainKrypton said:
I also think Preus could hold his own against Supes, as could Gog or Magog (whichever). Whad'ya think, Spike?:up: or:down

I think Gog could hold his own with Superman. They handeled him really well in Kingdom Come and I'd like to see him used more often.
 
Preus was kicking his ass until his super-secret vulnerability was revealed: his chest shield. How lame.
 
The Leaguer said:
Preus was kicking his ass until his super-secret vulnerability was revealed: his chest shield. How lame.
I know. Otherwise I would've really loved that character. It's like they made this big, beautiful banana split with the finest ice creams and bananas. And then in place of a cherry, they inserted poop.
 
KaptainKrypton said:
I also think Preus could hold his own against Supes, as could Gog or Magog (whichever). Whad'ya think, Spike?:up: or:down
I would agree that they easily have the potential to beat Superman .
 
krpton2 said:
Superman is immortal meaning he can't die.


He's tiugh, but he's hardly immortal. Most of his rogues, like Parasite and Bizarro, could kill him.
 
Spike_x1 said:
Don't let "Smallville" fool you. When exposed to kryptonite, Superman doesn't automatically just keel over and become helpless. He still has more than enough strength get up and fly away.

From Superman's perspective, think of a couple minutes worth of kryptonite radiation poisoning as a really painful and dizzying case of the flu. You feel like [dramatization]"oh man, please, someone shoot me rather than let me live through this agony!"[/dramatization] Even though you feel that way, you can still easily get up and walk away, even if it pains you to do so.

That's why you need someone like Metallo to keep Superman down for the count in concurrence with the kryptonite.

Superman can kill Batman with one punch to the noggin. Batman is one of the coolest Superhero's out there, but Superman is in a whole different realm of power!
 
I hope you're aware of there is many different states of Superman.

1) Superman Prime
2) Pre-Crisis Superman
3) Post-Crisis Superman

Post-Crisis Superman is pretty much the weakest, he strugle's to lift a crashing plane and he move's in the speed of sound.

Pre-Crisis Superman; can move planet's and is so fast that he can go back into time.

Superman Prime; The big ownage, and possible the strongest force in universe. You could compare him to God, since he have the power to re-create planet's, give life and... There is not really a stated limit to his power.
So he could even be infinity. And yeah almost forgot, kryptonite don't affect him.
 
Jacobhiggins said:
Superman can kill Batman with one punch to the noggin. Batman is one of the coolest Superhero's out there, but Superman is in a whole different realm of power!
Why'd you bother quoting me for that? Why not quote the person who actually claimed Batman can beat Superman?
 
SSJ4_Mikael said:
I hope you're aware of there is many different states of Superman.

1) Superman Prime
2) Pre-Crisis Superman
3) Post-Crisis Superman

Post-Crisis Superman is pretty much the weakest, he strugle's to lift a crashing plane and he move's in the speed of sound.

Pre-Crisis Superman; can move planet's and is so fast that he can go back into time.

Superman Prime; The big ownage, and possible the strongest force in universe. You could compare him to God, since he have the power to re-create planet's, give life and... There is not really a stated limit to his power.
So he could even be infinity. And yeah almost forgot, kryptonite don't affect him.
I think most of us did, in fact, know that. And also; pre-crisis Superman has had many differing levels of power. He couldn't always push around planets with ease and go so fast as to travel through time. And even after he was shown to have those powers, they were slowly dwindled down in the mid to late 70's to a less ridiculous level, though still very powerful.

And post-crisis Superman can travel a helluva lot faster than the speed of sound, and he easily landed a very massive space plane in MOS without much sign of effort (along with lifting an entire luxury cruiser without breaking a sweat).
 
SSJ4_Mikael said:
Post-Crisis Superman is pretty much the weakest, he strugle's to lift a crashing plane and he move's in the speed of sound.
Sounds like you got confused between Post-Crisis Superman and the cartoon Superman.
 
Post-crisis superman is the weakest from the ones he mentioned, but he didn't struggle to lift a plane.
 
DC watered down Superman to make his comics more appealing. But when it comes right down to it, if Superman doesnt hold anything back he can destroy anybody he faces. It might be a very tough fight but ultimately Superman will always come out on top, DC will make sure of that. I mean after all he IS Superman!:supes:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,698
Messages
21,788,643
Members
45,617
Latest member
SuperheroWoman
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"