Comics Who has the best elemental power?

javon

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay. So their are lots of mutants in the x-universe that we know. With these four, who's elemental powers are best?

Storm, Magneto and Iceman are really powerful but i like fire so i vote Pyro. I like the thought of roasting your enemies and making fire dragons.

I vote Storm.
She can roast people with her lightning.hehe
She has such a range of things she can do with her powers. The weather has always fascinated me.

What about Petra? Or Surge? Or Earthquake, Avalanche, and Arclight? Or Dust? Washout or Polaris? And Pyro is dead so its stupid to use him.

sunfire's much more appropriate tha pyro after all, shiro can create fire, pyro only manipulates what fire already exists.

Spectre722 said:
sunfire's much more appropriate tha pyro after all, shiro can create fire, pyro only manipulates what fire already exists.

Well this poll is coming from someone who doesent actully read comics.

Exploding Boy said:
Well this poll is coming from someone who doesent actully read comics.

Why don't you try contributing to a thread every once in a while instead of just complaining and degrading people? I swear, every thread I open anymore has atleast two posts by you and they're all the same.

As for the matter at hand, I think Magneto's power is the most versatile, although Storm's is a close second. Magneto, though, has shown that he's much more willing to use his powers on a grand scale and he seems to be able to pull off some amazing feats with much less strain than Storm.

Sun_Down said:
Why don't you try contributing to a thread every once in a while instead of just complaining and degrading people? I swear, every thread I open anymore has atleast two posts by you and they're all the same.

As for the matter at hand, I think Magneto's power is the most versatile, although Storm's is a close second. Magneto, though, has shown that he's much more willing to use his powers on a grand scale and he seems to be able to pull off some amazing feats with much less strain than Storm.

Why dont you try reading what i post?
Exploding Boy said:
What about Petra? Or Surge? Or Earthquake, Avalanche, and Arclight? Or Dust? Washout or Polaris? And Pyro is dead so its stupid to use him.

Is this not contributing to the thread? Or is giving him more ideas to his poll not contributing?

Exploding Boy said:
Why dont you try reading what i post?

Is this not contributing to the thread? Or is giving him more ideas to his poll not contributing?

Throwing out names to add to a poll that's already up, calling his choices stupid and belittling original poster do not constitute contributing.

Eh, the best elemental power isn't on this list, unfortunately.

Crystal of the Inhumans has the best elemental powers, hands down.

Sun_Down said:
Throwing out names to add to a poll that's already up, calling his choices stupid and belittling original poster do not constitute contributing.

He does not read the comics... I know that because thats what he said, how is that belittling him? And i thought you could add stuff to an already made poll, I've never made one so I wouldnt know. And yes i said Pyro as an option was stupid... Jesus Christ its the end of the world.

edit. I guess I can try to be less *****y in my posts :( sorry.

I chose Storm because I've never really thought of Magneto's powers as being elemental...which is kind of stupid I guess because they clearly are. Storm's are a bit cooler I guess in my opinion. Anyway, you forgot Rictor, though he's depowered now. By the way, isn't Rictor a little skinny in X-Factor? He was always kind of buff before, or was that just because everybody in the '90s was musclebound? Or is it because he's depowered and it makes him look more vulnerable? Oh, and another thing about Rictor, there's that panel at the end of that one Cable/Deadpool arc where Cable is raidly growing up from an infant. There's a speech bubble but Rictor isn't in the picture. Either my tpb has a printing error or Nicieza made a joke I didn't get. Sorry to get off topic.

Sunfire, Rogue, Sunspot, Magma, etc. would have been better choices for fire elementals since Pyro could only control fire through pyrokensis not create it.

Other elementals

Fire:
Sunfire, Sunfire II, Rogue, Pyro, Magma, Sunspot, Pete Wisdom, Match, Thunderbird III, Feverpitch, Firestar.

Water/Ice:
Iceman, Riptide.

Earth (inc... metal/mineral form, tectonic control, etc):
Rictor, Petra, Rockslide, Avalanche, Bling, Emma Frost, Collosus, Onyx, Dust, Mercury.

Plant:
Black Tom, Blackheath.

Air:
Wind-dancer, Whirlwind

Magnetic / Electrical (inc... elemental energie manipulation):
Magneto, Polaris, Dragoness, Surge, Erg,

Light:
Aurora, Archlight, Dazzler, Northstar, Prism,

Multi-Elemental:
Storm, Husk, Mondo, Alchemy, Lifegaurd, Mr. M

Cyclops said:
Eh, the best elemental power isn't on this list, unfortunately.

Crystal of the Inhumans has the best elemental powers, hands down.

Yeah, and sorry about that Cyclops. I was just putting up the ones that are MOSTLY in x3 and the ones I know. But i usually focus on the x-men so i don't know about these riptides people and stuff. ( Sorry had to say that before exlodingboy exploded,lol)

I voted Storm because her weather manipulation includes multiple elements.

yeah, and so does magneto. Thats why i know if they combined their power together, they could cause ultimate destruction

Water is the MOST POWERFUL substance on this planet. And who has complete control over it..... ICEMAN, ya' damn right!!!!

And as soon as I read the topic, I knew most of the Storm fans would pick her powers. But to be realistic, wind and lightning can only do so much damage. Although a considerate amount of damage, it's still not as powerful as the cubic weight and various desstructive forms of water (tsunamis, tidal waves, floods, icebergs, hail, and so many more). Some caused by either unusual weather patterns, or earthquakes. And let us not forget...... 80% of this planet is covered with water.

To be honest Iceman & Storm can just be as powerful as each other. Either one of them has the power to destory the world, its a bit irrelavant which one of them can over kill more.

However, Storm has achieved more of her potential then Iceman has.

ProfeZZor X said:
Water is the MOST POWERFUL substance on this planet. And who has complete control over it..... ICEMAN, ya' damn right!!!!

And as soon as I read the topic, I knew most of the Storm fans would pick her powers. But to be realistic, wind and lightning can only do so much damage. Although a considerate amount of damage, it's still not as powerful as the cubic weight and various desstructive forms of water (tsunamis, tidal waves, floods, icebergs, hail, and so many more). Some caused by either unusual weather patterns, or earthquakes. And let us not forget...... 80% of this planet is covered with water.

Uh..iceman has no control over water. He can generate ice and turn the moisture in the air into ice, but he can't control water. And what do u mean ''but realistic, wind and lightning can only do so much damage''? That isn't the onlt power storm has! Her powers range from pulling the sun-which is a star-closer or further from the earth, controlling outer space velocity, destroying galactic cores and draining the electrical energy from peoples brainwaves! And exaclty what does iceman have to do with tsunamis,tidal waves, and floods besides the fact that he'll just freeze it? I'm not arguing or saying he isn't powerful, because he's actually an omega mutant, but the way u say iceman has control over water is like u were saying he has the best elemental power.

Okay u guys, ive picked up some stuff from wiipedia on each of the elements:

Iceman1: -Ice can refer to any of the 14 known solid phases of water. However, in non-scientific contexts, it usually describes ice Ih, which is the most abundant of these phases in Earth's biosphere. This type of ice is a soft, fragile, crystalline solid, which can appear transparent or an opaque bluish-white color depending on the presence of impurities such as air. The addition of other materials such as soil may further alter appearance. The most common phase transition to ice Ih occurs when liquid water is cooled below 0 °C (273.15 K, 32 °F) at standard atmospheric pressure. However, it can also sublimate from a vapor with no intervening liquid phase such as in the formation of frost. Ice appears in varied forms such as hail, ice cubes, and glaciers. It plays an important role with many meteorological phenomena. The ice caps of the polar regions are of significance for the global climate and particularly the water cycle.

An unusual feature of ice frozen at a pressure of one atmosphere is that the solid is some 8% less dense than liquid water. Ice has a density of 0.917 g/cm³ at 0 °C, whereas water has a density of 0.9998 g/cm³ at the same temperature. Liquid water is most dense, essentially 1.00 g/cm³, at 4 °C and becomes less dense as the water molecules begin to form the hexagonal crystals of ice as the temperature drops to 0 °C. (In fact, the word "crystal" derives from the Greek word for frost.) This is due to hydrogen bonds forming between the water molecules, which line up molecules less efficiently (in terms of volume) when water is frozen. The result of this is that ice floats on liquid water, an important factor in Earth's climate. Density of ice increases slightly with decreasing temperature (density of ice at at -180 °C (93 K) is 0.9340 g/cm³).

When ice melts, it absorbs as much heat energy (the heat of fusion) as it would take to heat an equivalent mass of water by 80 °C, while its temperature remains a constant 0 °C.

It is also possible to superheat ice beyond its equilibrium melting point. With the use of ultrafast laser pulses bulk ice can be heated up to room temperature for a short period without melting it immediately. It is likely that the interior of an ice crystal has a melting point above 0 °C and that the normal melting at 0 °C is just a surface effect. [1]-

Pyro1: -Fire, a form of combustion, is a chemical reaction involving two or more chemicals where the molecules will readily react with each other to form additional chemicals. Linguistically, the word fire refers to the combination of the brilliant glow and large amount of heat released during a rapid, self-sustaining burning of combustible fuel. Fire is not a state of matter: rather, it is an exothermic oxidation process by which heat and light energy are given out. Fire starts when a fuel with adequate supply of oxygen or other oxidizer is subjected to enough heat, and it is sustained by the further release of heat energy in the process, as well as a continuous supply of oxygen and combustible fuel. A match or lighter is usually used to start a fire, which can then propagate to other combustibles because matches and lighters are designed with materials of low burning point. Fire is extinguished when one or more elements of heat, oxidizer, or fuel is removed; this concept is used in the fire triangle. The unburnable solid remains of a fire are termed ash.

Flames can conduct electricity, as a small portion of any fire is ionized. This has been demonstrated in the laboratory and also in large wildfires that occur in the vicinity of power lines. This ability to conduct electricity is due to its partially plasmaic nature -

Magneto1: In physics, magnetism is one of the phenomena by which materials exert an attractive or repulsive force on other materials. Some well known materials that exhibit easily detectable magnetic properties are iron, some steels, and the mineral lodestone; however, all materials are influenced to greater or lesser degree by the presence of a magnetic field.

Magnetic forces are fundamental forces that arise from the movement of electrical charge. Maxwell's equations and the Biot-Savart law describe the origin and behavior of the fields that govern these forces. Thus, magnetism is seen whenever electrically charged particles are in motion. This can arise either from movement of electrons in an electric current, resulting in "electromagnetism", or from the quantum-mechanical spin and orbital motion of electrons, resulting in what are known as "permanent magnets". Electron spin is the dominant effect within atoms. The so-called 'orbital -

Storm1: Weather is an all-encompassing term used to describe all of the many and varied phenomena that can occur in the atmosphere of a planet. The term is normally taken to mean the activity of these phenomena over short periods of time, usually no more than a few days in length. Average atmospheric conditions over significantly longer periods are known as climate. Usage of the two terms often overlaps and the concepts are obviously very closely related.

Weather phenomena result from temperature differences around the globe, which arise mainly because areas closer to the tropics, around the equator, receive more energy from the Sun than more northern and southern regions, nearer to the Earth's poles. Because the Earth's axis is tilted (not perpendicular to its orbital plane), sunlight is incident at different angles at different latitudes: higher latitudes have a lower angle of incidence, which results in less heating than at lower latitudes nearer the equator. (See Effect of sun angle on climate).

A secondary cause of temperature differences on the Earth is that different surface areas (such as ocean waters, forested lands, and ice sheets) have differing reflectivity (albedo), and therefore absorb and radiate different amounts of the solar energy they receive.

Surface temperature differences cause vertical wind currents. A hot surface heats the air above it, and the air expands and rises, lowering the air pressure and drawing colder air into its place. Rising and expanding air gives up its heat and so cools, which causes it to shrink and sink, increasing air pressure and displacing the air already below it.

Horizontal wind currents are formed at the boundaries between differentially heated areas and can be intensified by the presence of sloped surfaces. The simple systems thus formed can then display emergent behaviour to produce more complex systems and thus all other weather phenomena. A large scale example of this process can be seen in the Hadley cell and other forms of atmospheric circulation, a smaller scale example would be coastal breezes.

The fundamental causes of weather are thus surface temperature, and to a lesser extent, elevation.

Any precession in a planet's orbit will affect the amount of energy received at a particular spot throughout the year. This effect causes seasons and may influence long-term weather patterns.

Weather is not limited to just planetary bodies, however. A star's corona is constantly being lost to space, creating what is essentially a very thin atmosphere throughout the solar system, known as the solar wind. Inconsistencies in this wind and larger events on the surface of the star, such as Coronal Mass Ejections, form a system that has features analogous to conventional weather systems (i.e. pressure and wind), and though not true weather, is generally known as space weather. The activity of this system can affect planetary atmospheres and occasionally surfaces. The interaction of the solar wind with the terrestrial atmosphere can produce spectacular aurorae, but can play havoc with electrically sensitive systems such as electricity grids and radio signals-

Storm2: -Electricity is a property of matter that results from the presence or movement of electric charge. Together with magnetism, it constitutes the fundamental interaction known as electromagnetism. Electricity is responsible for many well-known physical phenomena such as lightning, electric fields and electric currents, and is put to use in industrial applications such as electronics and electric power-
-Electric charge is a fundamental conserved property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interactions. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields. The interaction between charge and field is the source of the electromagnetic force, which is one of the four fundamental forces.-

Iceman2: glacier is a large, long-lasting river of ice that is formed on land and moves in response to gravity. A glacier is formed by multi-year ice accretion in sloping terrain. Glacier ice is the largest reservoir of freshwater on Earth, and second only to oceans as the largest reservoir of total water. Glaciers can be found on every continent except Australia.

Geologic features associated with glaciers include end, lateral, ground and medial moraines that form from glacially transported rocks and debris; U-shaped valleys and corries (cirques) at their heads, and the glacier fringe, which is the area where the glacier has recently melted into water

Pyro2: Exothermic means to release energy in the form of heat. Its etymology stems from the Greek suffix &#8211;thermic, meaning &#8220;to heat&#8221;, and the Greek prefix exo-, meaning &#8220;outside&#8221;. It refers to a transformation in which a system gives heat to the surroundings: Q < 0. When the transformation occurs at constant pressure: &#8710;H < 0; and constant volume: &#8710;U < 0. If the system undergoes a transformation which is both exothermic and adiabatic, its temperature increases.[1]

Magneto: In chemistry, a metal (Greek: Metallon) is an element that readily forms ions (cations) and has metallic bonds. Metals are sometimes described as a lattice of positive ions (cations) surrounded by a cloud of delocalized electrons. The metals are one of the three groups of elements as distinguished by their ionisation and bonding properties, along with the metalloids and nonmetals. On the periodic table, a diagonal line drawn from boron (B) to polonium (Po) separates the metals from the nonmetals. Elements on this line are metalloids, sometimes called semi-metals; elements to the lower left are metals; elements to the upper right are nonmetals.

A more modern definition of metals is that they have overlapping conductance bands and valence bands in their electronic structure. This definition opens up the category for metallic polymers and other organic metals, which have been made by researchers and employed in high-tech devices. These synthetic materials often have the characteristic silvery-grey reflectiveness of elemental metals

javon said:
Uh..iceman has no control over water. He can generate ice and turn the moisture in the air into ice, but he can't control water. And what do u mean ''but realistic, wind and lightning can only do so much damage''? That isn't the onlt power storm has! Her powers range from pulling the sun-which is a star-closer or further from the earth, controlling outer space velocity, destroying galactic cores and draining the electrical energy from peoples brainwaves! And exaclty what does iceman have to do with tsunamis,tidal waves, and floods besides the fact that he'll just freeze it? I'm not arguing or saying he isn't powerful, because he's actually an omega mutant, but the way u say iceman has control over water is like u were saying he has the best elemental power.

Uh.... where have you been? Iceman has had the power to control water for some time now bub. When his head was lobbed off a couple of years ago, how do you think he put himself back together?.... Through Storm's magic?..... No, it was through water manipulation. How do you think he grew to gigantic proportions when he fought off the Collective Man in China.... Through Storm's magic.... No, through soaking up the water in the river (look closely at that issue because he's dripping water)

By the way, read the topic, it says nothing about who can pull the sun close to the planet. Which is ridiculous in itself, because the sun is 1000 times larger than the earth. She would have to pull or repel the earth from the sun, not the other way around. And since you pulled the Omega card out, if Storm was this "Almighty-supreme-being", why isn't she classified as an omega?....... Like Iceman.

Think about it for a second.... what elemental susbstance/power is the utmost in this universe.... fire, water, wind, or earth (dirt/stone). That seems to be the question. Not who can manipulate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"