Comics Who here is done?

WhatIfTales said:
I technically now have a friggin innie!!:thing:

yknow sometimes they don't drop again and you need an op. maybe u can send an invoice to marvel for the medical bills...

Speakin of quality marvel books theres always the icon imprint. though i won't plug the Eisner Award winning Powers again. oh wait, does that count...? ;)

The Question said:
That's really not an apt analogy at all. That says that they're doing something to directly harm you. Marvel hasn't done anything like that. Now, what would make more sense would be if the pup changed the ingredients to your favorite drink, making it something you rather disliked or didn't like as much. And in that case, I, personally, would stay is I also liked their sandwitches.

I disagree that my analogy is not apt as you put it....but far be it for me to not see it from another side......

...you'd stay for the sandwiches?....that's fine.....many people would consider a bar, that you've been a patron of for countless years, not worthy of your hard earned money if they don't have the decency to make a drink that at least resembles the drink you savoured for all those years....or at least not question your intelligence by telling you it's the same freaking drink!!!....those people would tell Marvel pub & grill to shove their sandwiches up their azz.....

...once again these people are not morons........they're simply irritable from indigestion!!/.....as opposed to any groin malady

...more apt for ya chief? :up: ;)

Yes. But to stop going to a resturaunt over a drink, if you still greatly enjoy their other dishes, is a bit silly.

Not if what you really want is to either make a point or put them out of business.

The Question said:
Yes. But to stop going to a resturaunt over a drink, if you still greatly enjoy their other dishes, is a bit silly.

Point.

I'm still very much a Marvel guy, I'm still gonna buy and enjoy NextWave and She-Hulk, but Marvel's not gonna see a cent for Spider-man from me.

I forsee a backlash on the horizon for Marvel if CW doesn't end spectacularly.

The Question said:

not in my opinion....it's demanding your buck gets the biggest bang.....vendors have to earn your dollars....believe it or not...there's other restaurants that if you give them a chance....they'll give you just what it is you're looking for,....you'll never know that if you keep throwing your money at establishments that assume "loyalty".....that assume "they can piss in your lemonade.....as long as the rack of lamb. is 2 for the price of 1.."

(Man I am so freaking hungry!!)

I should state....I myself am not dropping all my marvel titles.....just defending the reasoning of those who have in case I find myself there some day!:up:

ben_reilly_s_s said:
Ok, it seems to me that a lot of people are really pissed about this.
So, my question is this:
Who is dropping Spider-Man and / or Marvel?
What books are you dropping?

I dropped every single Marvel book at the conclusion of Sins Past.
I also sold every comic I ever owned.
The only ones I am getting, I am downloading. And they are all Civil War related. I will not ever give Marvel another cent. Except for their cut of Movie ticket prices.
That's a great idea. Let's all boycott Spider-man. That way, they don't bring in GOOD creative teams or try hard because sales are up. Let's just let one of America's biggest pop-culture icons die, and let's let the fans be the cause.

-R

Robin91939 said:
That's a great idea. Let's all boycott Spider-man. That way, they don't bring in GOOD creative teams or try hard because sales are up. Let's just let one of America's biggest pop-culture icons die, and let's let the fans be the cause.

-R

Spider-Man is already dead and he was killed in Civil War# 2.

You guys all lost me with your analogy at the first mention of a sandwitch.

To put it plainly, I dont give two cents about Marvel as a company. If they have good books I buy them, if those books become bad I drop them until they get good again, simple as that. Right now I dont buy any of the 616 Spiderman books, but I do buy other Marvel titles. Some of those titles are -

Hulk
Daredevil
Spider-Girl
Ultimate Spiderman
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimates (well when the next issue comes out anyway)
Ultimate X-Men (I will probably drop this after the current Pheonix arc is done)

I also get a couple of DC comics (Batman/Teen Titans/Catwoman/Green Lantern) and a couple of Image comics (Walking Dead/Invincible/Spawn) and some small publisher books that people sometimes recommend to me.

For me to stop buying any Marvel comics because I dont like Spiderman and what they have done to him is in my mind stupid. I would rather help those writers in Marvel that are doing a good job rather than make them pay for what their co-workers have done. Also I am not one of those people that are stuck on writers, I just buy books on the merit of each book. If a seriece is good I do tend to forgive them if they make a few mistakes or I dislike a few issues, but if it concistently goes downhill I stop buying it until I see some kind of improvment.

That is all that matters to me. I dont care much about the Publisher or the writter or to a lesser extent even the character. Hell I used to hate the Hulk whenever he made any kind of appearance in comic books I used to read. I have a friend who is a huge Hulk fan who has tried to "convert" me for many years now (I usually have to treaten bodily damage before I am left in peace). One day to my surprise my friend inlisted the help of my other friends to convince me to read the latest issue of Hulk (which they assured me was a good read, and after being bullied by so many of my friend I relented). That issue of Hulk was of course Incredible Hulk #92, which was the start of Planet Hulk. To my utter surprise I enjoyed that issue and continue to buy each new issue of Hulk. That experience has taught me never to totaly dismiss any comic book title. I might not like where 616 Spiderman is right now, but hopefully there will come a time when it will again be in my "to buy" list, however for now it is under my "Watch and see" list.

I'm not sure if I made my point clear enough earlier:

There are NO current Marvel books that I feel are worth buying, so anyone who thinks I'm boycotting Marvel over one or two books and dares to call that "overreacting," you know where you can cram that worthless assumption.

I am, however, boycotting JMS and Bendis in general, on principal. That concerns nobody but me, and for anyone who thinks that there's anything to criticize there, I really have to wonder how you'll manage to tie your shoes and remember to feed and clothe yourselves when your precious pet writers retire, get fired or die. Think for your Goddamn selves and don't presume to ask others to share your preferences.

:wolverine

VICTORVONDOOMX said:
Not if what you really want is to either make a point or put them out of business.

You're crazy...like you could do that buy dropping Marvel comic books. Marvel makes money from many other outlets.

Herr Logan said:
I am, however, boycotting JMS and Bendis in general, on principal. That concerns nobody but me, and for anyone who thinks that there's anything to criticize there, I really have to wonder how you'll manage to tie your shoes and remember to feed and clothe yourselves when your precious pet writers retire, get fired or die. Think for your Goddamn selves and don't presume to ask others to share your preferences.

:wolverine

heh...finally I get to smile....it's been a long day!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"