Comics Who here is done?

im not gonna give up the books, though JMS and Joey Q have ticked me off jsut as much as you guys. im not a subscriber, and i have all of JMS's run up to where spidey stopped Hydra. but i stay current and read stuff on the internet alot.
i think that eventually Joey Q will come to his senses and have him put his mask back on, lose the powers, stick with MJ, and fight the bad guys like he used to. No retcons, no visits from Uncle ben, no more pregnant dead girlfriends, no more spider-gods, totums, no more nothing that the current writers have brought.
man,...i remember the good old days back in the 80's when the greats like todd mcfarlane, erik larsen,mark bagley, and alex saviuk were drawing the books.....i miss those days. no crap to deal with

Ludachris333 said:
im not gonna give up the books, though JMS and Joey Q have ticked me off jsut as much as you guys. im not a subscriber, and i have all of JMS's run up to where spidey stopped Hydra. but i stay current and read stuff on the internet alot.
i think that eventually Joey Q will come to his senses and have him put his mask back on, lose the powers, stick with MJ, and fight the bad guys like he used to. No retcons, no visits from Uncle ben, no more pregnant dead girlfriends, no more spider-gods, totums, no more nothing that the current writers have brought.
man,...i remember the good old days back in the 80's when the greats like todd mcfarlane, erik larsen,mark bagley, and alex saviuk were drawing the books.....i miss those days. no crap to deal with

magic 8-ball says....not bloody likely

ASM - dropped during the mess that was 'The Other'.
FNSM - same as ASM.
MKSM/SSM - dropped during 'The Other' but started again for the 'Feral' arc. Will be getting dropped right after that though.
Civil War - will try to last to the end with this...but I can't see it happening.
CW: Frontline - same as Civil War.

I'm pretty much done with 616 Spidey. :(:down:

Thank f**k for Marvel Masterworks! :D:up:

I dropped Spidey when Spidey stopped being Peter Parker, I had no interest in reading about Spider-Ben.
Now I read USM and I get some of the Essentials, before Spider-Man comics became over-priced toilet paper.

I think th' overreactors are th' ones who drop EVERY Marvel 'cause of this stuff. Not every Marvel is plagued by Joe Q's ineptitude. Yet.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
I think th' overreactors are th' ones who drop EVERY Marvel 'cause of this stuff. Not every Marvel is plagued by Joe Q's ineptitude. Yet.

Yoda:"Oh they will be...they will be"

Well, when those titles get there I can see droppin' 'em. But droppin' all Marvel 'cause Joe Q's ****ed up a few is just ******ed. That's not fair to th' guys who work hard at makin' good stories like Brubaker, Kirkman and Slott.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Well, when those titles get there I can see droppin' 'em. But droppin' all Marvel 'cause Joe Q's ****ed up a few is just ******ed. That's not fair to th' guys who work hard at makin' good stories like Brubaker, Kirkman and Slott.
Agreed. Any & all hate & animosity should be directed at Joe Q & his 'lackeys' & them alone. Marvel isn't the problem...it's Joe Q.
So dropping all Marvel titles is a bit on the extreme side (IMO), but if people feel they need to go that extra step, then that's their choice.

I'm stilling going to be picking up all my regular comics as usual...I just wont be going anywhere near a 616 Spidey title for a looong time! :down:

I'll keep buying my usual Marvel titles. no f***in way would I drop Runaways because Spider-Man has sucked so much.

Effect said:
People really need to stop overreacting and calm down. Stop acting so childish dare I say.

Personally I'm not going to stop buying Spider-man or any other title I read cause I see nothing done wrong here. Just an interesting story change, one that I happen to like and looking forward to seeing what the fallout will be.

Grow the hell up, vermin. Simply ceasing to shell out money for products one finds inferior is in no conceivable way "childish" or "overreacting."

You're either being paid my Marvel to disparage people who are no longer satisfied with their comics, or you're a worthless sheep who can't stand to see others think for themselves. Which is it?

:wolverine

Talking with your wallet is about the most grown up way I have EVER heard of anyone dealing with anything.

Now, firebombing Marvel or throwing a temper tantrum in the comic store...THAT I can see as childish.

Herr Logan said:
Grow the hell up, vermin. Simply ceasing to shell out money for products one finds inferior is in no conceivable way "childish" or "overreacting."

You're either being paid my Marvel to disparage people who are no longer satisfied with their comics, or you're a worthless sheep who can't stand to see others think for themselves. Which is it?

The thing is... maybe it's my eternal cursed optimistic side :( ... I can actually see a light at the end of this Civil War tunnel for Spider-Man if Marvel can execute it properly. Which might help wash away what seems to be an eternity of bad Spidey storytelling.

We all know that Peter will be the Wild Card in this Civil War, and it's been suggested that he won't be able to stomach a severe beating of Captain America by the likes of Tony & friends... which will make Spidey switch sides. Depending on wether or not this registration becomes law, it could put Spidey back on an "outlaw" hero status that was the basic root of his early adventures.

I don't necessarily agree nor like what I saw in Civil War #2, but I do see a dim hope for a potential return to a semblance of greatness in the Spidey books... which is a heck of a lot better than the storytelling we've had now for the last decade.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Doc Destruction said:
Talking with your wallet is about the most grown up way I have EVER heard of anyone dealing with anything.

Now, firebombing Marvel or throwing a temper tantrum in the comic store...THAT I can see as childish.

Yes my Master.

Themanofbat said:
The thing is... maybe it's my eternal cursed optimistic side :( ... I can actually see a light at the end of this Civil War tunnel for Spider-Man if Marvel can execute it properly. Which might help wash away what seems to be an eternity of bad Spidey storytelling.

We all know that Peter will be the Wild Card in this Civil War, and it's been suggested that he won't be able to stomach a severe beating of Captain America by the likes of Tony & friends... which will make Spidey switch sides. Depending on wether or not this registration becomes law, it could put Spidey back on an "outlaw" hero status that was the basic root of his early adventures.

I don't necessarily agree nor like what I saw in Civil War #2, but I do see a dim hope for a potential return to a semblance of greatness in the Spidey books... which is a heck of a lot better than the storytelling we've had now for the last decade.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Whatever you do with your money according to your own predictions and preferences is your business and not mine to judge. What I condemn with all my cold, blackened heart is when sheep, shills, and slaves dare to tell people with different preferences (or higher standards) than themselves that they're being "childish" or "overreacting" by refusing to continue to pay for products they no longer consider worth their cost. That's completely inexcusable, and the act of an inferior mind and will. I can't even begin to understand what causes such drastic insufficiencies in human beings at such a high rate.

As I posted in the "event" thread, I am indeed done with Marvel. Just canceled my USM subscription. It sucks, but I can't support them anymore.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
That's not fair to th' guys who work hard at makin' good stories like Brubaker, Kirkman and Slott.

Yeah, they do write good stories... although I haven't liked much of Kirkman's Marvel work and the only thing I've liked of Slott's was GLA. Brubaker does killer work..hes my favorite writer there.

RAMORE said:
Damn and you know what bothers me most is that they keep saying they are doing all this to get pete back to his roots but what the hell is USM for then:mad:

I think they are intentially destroying Spider-man.

or

They know we are suckers and will buy anything they throw at us.

RAMORE said:
not me and not alot of others either. If they are lucky i might pick it up and read it in a Barnes and knoble but i aint buyin are you?

Nope. Barnes&Nobles here I come. Buy a cup of coffee plop down on a comfy couch and read CW and any other Spider-man related thing for free.

deemar325 said:
They know we are suckers and will buy anything they throw at us.

Exactly. The same applies to the movies.

The reasons I don't feel really stupid paying once to see a movie adaptation I know is going to be massively watered down or otherwise flawed is because it's bound to be more exciting than a badly written comic (if there's any good action in there), it's a one-shot thing that can be analyzed after a couple of hours rather than over the course of months of waiting for "decompressed" (i.e. heavily watered down with useless filler) storytelling, and I don't have to find somewhere to put the damn thing when I'm home.

If I were to continue to pay for a continuous series that costs more than a movie for a story arc that would take about half as long to read, that would be all kinds of stupid, instead of just one.

ShadowBoxing said:
You know whats really well written these days...Batman.

Yeah I was reading the Harvey Dent issue where he scars himself to turn back too Two-Face.

I'm still a Marvel guy, but DC is a dog's hair away from getting me to switch over.

Herr Logan said:
Exactly. The same applies to the movies.

The reasons I don't feel really stupid paying once to see a movie adaptation I know is going to be massively watered down or otherwise flawed is because it's bound to be more exciting than a badly written comic (if there's any good action in there), it's a one-shot thing that can be analyzed after a couple of hours rather than over the course of months of waiting for "decompressed" (i.e. heavily watered down with useless filler) storytelling, and I don't have to find somewhere to put the damn thing when I'm home.

If I were to continue to pay for a continuous series that costs more than a movie for a story arc that would take about half as long to read, that would be all kinds of stupid, instead of just one.

Ditto brother Ditto.

ShadowBoxing said:
You know whats really well written these days...Batman.

Meh...Two-Face has been the only cool part about it. As far as Batman the character..he seems a to watered down as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"