The Avengers Who is leading the Avengers?

GregComicFan

movie and comic buff
Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this is a redundant question. I did a search on the Avengers board, and read it regularly, and tried to find this information, but I couldn't.

Who is leading the Avengers in the movie version? Iron Man or Capt America? I know Iron Man has led the team in the comics many many times, but I think most people, if asked, will assume Capt is the leader. So are they changing it in the movie version? If so... what are everyone's thoughts?

It seems to me that Iron Man SHOULD be the leader... RDJ is awesome. Audiences love him. He's so charismatic and his energy pops off the screen. Also, the studio seems to be interested in less "tried and true" actors for the role of Capt America. I seriously can't see Channing Tatum giving orders to RDJ and coming off as a bigger presence on-screen. With that said, will the Avengers go the route of the movie X-Men? What I mean is... everyone knows Cyclops is the leader of the X-Men. But what happened? Hugh Jackman scored big with his role as Wolverine... and then Wolverine became the focus, and by the third movie, Cyclops was dead, and who was leading the X-Men: Wolverine!

It seems like Iron Man WILL lead the Avengers, as RDJ is doing exactly what Hugh Jackman did when it came to the Wolverine role.

Hi, sorry if this is a redundant question. I did a search on the Avengers board, and read it regularly, and tried to find this information, but I couldn't.

Who is leading the Avengers in the movie version? Iron Man or Capt America? I know Iron Man has led the team in the comics many many times, but I think most people, if asked, will assume Capt is the leader. So are they changing it in the movie version? If so... what are everyone's thoughts?

It seems to me that Iron Man SHOULD be the leader... RDJ is awesome. Audiences love him. He's so charismatic and his energy pops off the screen. Also, the studio seems to be interested in less "tried and true" actors for the role of Capt America. I seriously can't see Channing Tatum giving orders to RDJ and coming off as a bigger presence on-screen. With that said, will the Avengers go the route of the movie X-Men? What I mean is... everyone knows Cyclops is the leader of the X-Men. But what happened? Hugh Jackman scored big with his role as Wolverine... and then Wolverine became the focus, and by the third movie, Cyclops was dead, and who was leading the X-Men: Wolverine!

It seems like Iron Man WILL lead the Avengers, as RDJ is doing exactly what Hugh Jackman did when it came to the Wolverine role.

What about RDJ's Iron Man inspires "leadership"? His character is entirely eccentric ......a lone ranger type.

However, if the cast for Cap remains as unassuming as it is then I don't think they will have any choice but to figure out how to make his character ascend into a leadership role.

Cap better be the leader of the Avengers. Just like Superman better be the leader of the Justice League. That is if a JLA is ever made.

It's either Nick Fury or Captain America who will be leading The Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"