Comics Who Really stole the Marriage.

littleredhat

Civilian
Reaction score
It wasn't Metaphismo.

That demon had absolutely nothing to do with it. Though it was Quesada who gave the order it was another more sinister figure that carried it out.

The clue is in the sound effects as the deed comes to pass.

Metaphismo does not go "Bong!"

This guy however does.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv...doctorbong.htm

Still devestated over his own failed marriage to Bev he has decided that if he can't have a happy life with a beautifull red haired model then no one can.

Utilizing his evil science he has done this foul deed.

On the plus side to fix this we may get a team up with Howard the Duck.:woot:

joequesada.jpg

You know what burns my ass most of all? At the end of OMD, evil prevails.

Isnt there enough of that in the REAL world? Do we really need to see evil get it's way in our entertainment too?

Very disappointed with Marvel right now...:csad:

Isnt there enough of that in the REAL world? Do we really need to see evil get it's way in our entertainment too?

That's also one of the things that made me mad as well. I've said this before and I will say it again, it's another selfish act by JQ.

If he wanted to kill the marriage why could he not have just done that?
Have them separate, whatever.

His agenda was bigger, he wanted to send Spidey back to the silver age.
S-hit, he could have brought in new characters if he wanted a supporting cast, but sending PP back in time is just ******ed.

He is a selfish dick, and what has seemingly just transpired in #545 is a massive f-you to the long time/real fans.

Yeah, I've had enough of characters regressing to there Silver Age versions with what DC is doing right now, I really didnt need more of it over at Marvel.

Yeah, I've had enough of characters regressing to there Silver Age versions with what DC is doing right now, I really didnt need more of it over at Marvel.

But the Silver Age got it right didn't they? Why do characters have to "grow" in comics, it's not like the actor who's playing the drawings of Peter Parker is getting too old for his part or something. Stan wanted to move him to college, Ditko didn't. On some level, Peter should always be a student of some sort, be single and work at the Daily Bugle.

However, the era I grew up with was Larsen and McFarlane and such and those were the married stories and I loved them and still do. I wouldn't mind the marriage so much if they actually continued to write and draw comics the way they did IN the silver age. Drama but not melodrama, one issue deals or at least issues that felt complete with a cliffhanger still. That kinda thing.

Damn that picture of Joey Q looks scary as hell.

Ah well, I knew how this story was going to end right after Joey Q started hyping this sucker up. I think anyone with half a brain could tell that that it was going to end like this.

However a part of me felt like Marvel would try and surprise us all.

Heh that didn't happen.

Whatever.....story sucked.

Damn that picture of Joey Q looks scary as hell.

Joephisto.jpg

Ah well, I knew how this story was going to end right after Joey Q started hyping this sucker up.

I kinda figured it'd go this way after the Unmasking but yeah like you I had hope that he was going to throw a curveball and that all his anti-marriage rhetoric had been too obvious over the years for this to work.

But yeah... not so much. In the end, it turns out he really is just that transparent.

I don't understand how anyone can actually defend this story. This is probably the worst thought up Storyline ever in Spider-man....

With stuff such as Sins Past, The Other, The Unmasking and so on...that's saying alot.

I don't understand how anyone can actually defend this story. This is probably the worst thought of Storyline ever in Spider-man....

With stuff such as Sins Past, The Other, The Unmasking and so on...that's saying alot.

Yeah, coz it's the most forced, it made Peter evil and unheroic, wasted 20 years of comics, showed how an editor can abuse his power, and is really hard to reton. It's a Spider-man fan's worst nightmare come true. And we still can't believe it happened.

He is a selfish dick, and what has seemingly just transpired in #545 is a massive f-you to the long time/real fans.

Ditto.

This is pathetic.... just pathetic.

SPIDER-MAN WOULD NOT MAKE A DEAL WITH A DEMON. Period.

To suggest that he would makes him a win at all cost guy like Frank Castle and goes against 40 years of characterization... all because Quesada can't find his own happiness with another. Petty.

He's trying to make Spider-man relatable to the reader.:o

He's trying to make Spider-man relatable to the reader.:o

Man oh man, if I had a dime for every time my wife and I made a pact with Satan just to save the life of my aunt who got shot because I revealed my secret ID... I hear you. Finally, finally--! I can relate to Spider-Man.

come on guys, that was kind of funny, he prefered to sacrifice his married man life in order to give his old aunt some more months before her next stroke !! I don't know but that's just make me laugh just thinking on how much stupid and unbelievable this decision is.

Man oh man, if I had a dime for every time my wife and I made a pact with Satan just to save the life of my aunt who got shot because I revealed my secret ID... I hear you. Finally, finally--! I can relate to Spider-Man.

That's nothing. I just retconned my marriage 5 times alone today. My soul screamed and everything.

I just wish people would stop posting photos of Quesada... I've got small children in my home and don't want to give them nightmares!

I just made a deal with the devil to retcon my wife and kids... also a few pounds off... I TOTALLY understand Peter... Next week I guess I'll retcon my parents in order to go back in high School and avoid turning into a geek... so I might never read about you guys again... as a matter of fact I'll never wander into this site...
*Raises an empty glass in the air* To a brand new day!

Im cnfused. What all happened in the last issue of OMD. My shop never got it so I could flip through it. How far was Pete retconned. I heard he got his web shooters back and that Harry is alive. That true?

Im cnfused. What all happened in the last issue of OMD. My shop never got it so I could flip through it. How far was Pete retconned. I heard he got his web shooters back and that Harry is alive. That true?

Yep...

Sucks I know.

Not really.

Osborn has been retconned also...so technically Norman won't know that Harry is back cause Harry never died....

Wow....confusing as hell.

Not really.

Osborn has been retconned also...so technically Norman won't know that Harry is back cause Harry never died....

Wow....confusing as hell.
So he never did drugs and had a kid. What about Spider-man living in the avengers house? Hmm makes me wonder if Invicible still remembers that Spider-man was with Mary-Jane?
What if Gwen comes back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"