BvS Who should be the "Female Lead" in BvS? Lois Lane or Wonder Woman?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this topic was covered as of yet. If it was, forgive me everyone for bringing it up again.

But basically, my big question is...

"Who should be the Female Lead of BvS: DOJ, and billed as such, in your opinion?"

AMY ADAMS/LOIS LANE

lois-lane-amy-adams.jpg

Or

GAL GADOT/WONDER WOMAN

gal-gadot-banner.png

The superheroine and the potential to be a show stealer in BvS? Wonder Woman.
Female lead of BvS? Lois Lane.

I find both to be a good choice for their respective reasons, depending on the story of course.

There should be some strong characters who are not superheroes to make the universe feel more real and show a point of view of someone who's related to those extraordinary people while not being extraordinary him/herself in that particular way and I believe that Lois provides that perfectly.

On the other hand I always wanted a "trinity" movie, so for that reason alone, would like to see Diana having a more prominent role.

I would say Wonder Woman if asking who should be the "lead" is asking who should get the most screen time.

I think Lois Lane was well established in Man of Steel and while they do need to establish her current relationship with Clark Kent/Superman, her current journalistic interests (e.g. is she now focused on discovering other super-powered humans) and her role in maintaining Clark's secret identity, it's Wonder Woman who needs the real introduction.

But, it will ultimately depend upon the script. They may want to keep Wonder Woman a figure of mystery to drive demand and interest in the solo Wonder Woman film. Or it may simply suit the story purposes if Wonder Woman is operating covertly in man's world (as opposed to embracing a public role as Ambassador of Themyscira).

Lois should be the female lead since it's following after MOS and her character needs to be developed. WW is just being introduced.

If this were to be based on which actress is the superior then obviously Amy Adams should get top billing. But for me Lois Lane while an important character in the Superman universe has had numerous outings on the big screen. She even had her own tv show Lois and Clark. WW has had a show in the 70's which while campy and at times fun, especially season one she has had nothing. Thankfully she is now getting a solo movie although until they actually start shooting I will be holding my breath.

As a biased WW fan i would like WW to have top billing but in this movie it doesn't really matter and I can see the reasons why Lois might actually have top billing. A sad state of affairs for WW debut it has to be said.

Lois should be the female lead since it's following after MOS and her character needs to be developed. WW is just being introduced.
I agree with this. I expect Gal to be a wonderful addition, though. And her time is really coming with the solo film.

Since BvS isn't a straight MOS sequel, but rather the official kick-start of the DC universe (including characters other thean Superman) I say give WW the lead.

Amy can take the female lead in MOS2.

Lois. I want to see her relationship with Clark develop. Wonder Woman is getting her own movie anyway.

This sums it up.

It's also Amy Adams not some random actress. She's one of the best actresses on the planet.

Lois will have more screen time most likely. WW may not be a huge part of the movie, and merely an introduction to the character. That's why the majority will likely vote that Lois is the lead female character.

Wonder Woman should be the Black Widow to Lois Lane's Pepper Potts in Iron Man 2.

Only one way to settle who is the female lead between these 2.

f5axBKB.gif

If BvS were really-truly-actually a proper sequel to MOS, I'd say Lois should def be the lead female. But BvS is not MOS2, instead it's setting up Justice League and hopefully whetting the public's appetite for a solo WW movie.

Add to that, the original casting sheets for the mystery female role (that turned out to be WW) specified this female role was a lead. And in Warner's official press release, only Afleck, Cavill and Gadot got billed as "starring." Amy Adams did not.

Regardless of all that, I'm now thinking Adams will probably get more screen time than Gadot. Mainly because Gadot just hasn't been on the set that much. She's filmed roles in two movies and done umpteen fashion shows and commercials, etc. Then again, if filming goes into mid-December, that's still ample time to feature WW. Yet I doubt this movie even has a female lead. I'm pretty sure this'll be the Affleck/Cavill show.

I still consider BvS more of a sequel to MOS than apparently some people here. Why? Cause a large part of the storyline they are going with, is likely going to be what they would have done even without Bruce/Batman being a large player added in. The dynamic of setting up a JL film as well as the introduction of a young corporate Lex just made sense to bring Bruce/Batman aboard for this.

BvS IS a sequel to MOS whichever way you look at it. The event's of MOS are not forgotten this aint a reboot.

If BvS were actually a proper sequel to MOS, it wouldn't have Batman in the title. Yeah, I realize that some of the events in MOS will be addressed in BvS, but this movie's real mission seems to be laying larger groundwork for the DC Movieverse. It's a JL prequel with emphasis on Batman and Superman, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"