Sequels Who should be the villain(s) in the Superman Returns sequel?

Mentok said:
You wont find many who disagree with you on that one.
Do you think a live action Darkseid would work? I think a good person to play him would be Michael Clark Duncan

Mentok said:
Yeah, Its the most likley.

This might be a spoiler...

A poster on here 'back in the day' pointed out that Singer was planning Supermans return to Krypton be the Nexus for a Super Villians Origin into the series... and that was Brainiac. Since Singer cut those scenes and now says he will probably put them into the next film I would say Brainiac is a safe bet now.

WOW. If deleted those scenes from SR meant we'll get Brainiac for the sequel, then it was worth it.

Venom71 said:
Do you think a live action Darkseid would work? I think a good person to play him would be Michael Clark Duncan

Agreed. But I'd rather save him till the 3rd film.

It should build up; Luthor, Brainiac then Darkseid...

Venom71 said:

Yes, I think he would work. Im not quite sure how to do him in a film though... I am sure he would work though :p

Duncan would be good... I imagine there would be alot of CGI needed with Darkseid too.

Pretty much just get a really big scary dude and make him look ever bigger :up:

That would be awesome.I always thought he would make a good Darkseid..
Mentok said:
Yes, I think he would work. Im not quite sure how to do him in a film though... I am sure he would work though :p

Duncan would be good... I imagine there would be alot of CGI needed with Darkseid too.

Pretty much just get a really big scary dude and make him look ever bigger :up:

Braniac as a behind the scenes threat that reveals himself at the climax, secretly manipulating Luthor throughout the movie and Luthor now has Metallo as his sidekick. That should do nicely.

I had a farfetched idea but here goes anyway....SPOILERS------now that nk is in space with the crystals supposedly in orbit somewhere, what if one of the crystals comes into contact with some sort of bacteria in space that evloves it and the crystal itself into the creature doomsday, Like I said, farfetched, but just something I thought of. LMK of your guys thoughts.

The only issue with Brainiac is that he is currently in Smallville....

However, those crystals on New Krypton have to be the trigger for something out there in space.

X-Maniac said:

However, those crystals on New Krypton have to be the trigger for something out there in space.

I don't think Brainiac being on Smallville will be a major issue. If this movie gets made and/or released in 2009, Smallville will probably be off the air. I'm assuming this will be, or should be the last season coming up.

Plus, the name Brainiac hasn't been used on the show at all. Casual or Smallville fans wouldn't know that Milton Fine is connected to Brainiac at all.

My ideas for featuring the Supes franchise villians:

SR2: Cadmus-Amanda Waller, Parasite, and Metallo (I would have Parasite and Metallo be Cadmus projects)

SR3: Milton Fine, Brainiac, and maybe Bizarro or Doomsday (Brainiac, working with Dr. Fine might develop either Bizarro or Doomsday in a plot to take out Superman)

SR4: Jax-Ur, Mala, Nam-Ek, Aethyr (Supes discovers there are more Kryptonians left alive. When he rescues these refugees/prisoners from Darkseid he begins to realize why they had been imprisoned in the first place. Tie the backstory into Superman's 5 year absence perhaps.)

SR5: Darkseid (Invades Earth to get revenge on Superman for defying him on Apokolips)

Superman has a strong enough rogue's gallery that the next movies don't need Luthor or Zod.

DarKush said:
I don't think Brainiac being on Smallville will be a major issue. If this movie gets made and/or released in 2009, Smallville will probably be off the air. I'm assuming this will be, or should be the last season coming up.

Plus, the name Brainiac hasn't been used on the show at all. Casual or Smallville fans wouldn't know that Milton Fine is connected to Brainiac at all.

My ideas for featuring the Supes franchise villians:

SR2: Cadmus-Amanda Waller, Parasite, and Metallo (I would have Parasite and Metallo be Cadmus projects)

SR3: Milton Fine, Brainiac, and maybe Bizarro or Doomsday (Brainiac, working with Dr. Fine might develop either Bizarro or Doomsday in a plot to take out Superman)

SR4: Jax-Ur, Mala, Nam-Ek, Aethyr (Supes discovers there are more Kryptonians left alive. When he rescues these refugees/prisoners from Darkseid he begins to realize why they had been imprisoned in the first place. Tie the backstory into Superman's 5 year absence perhaps.)

SR5: Darkseid (Invades Earth to get revenge on Superman for defying him on Apokolips)

Superman has a strong enough rogue's gallery that the next movies don't need Luthor or Zod.

Say what?! If Doomsday comes he kills Superman and thats the end of the Supes for a bit....Id love to see Doomsday in 2 but accept Braniac first

Agree with that though, no need for Luthor or Zod

X-Maniac said:
So are Superman, Lex Luthor and Lois Lane. Didn't stop them.

Darkseid and Doomsday over the course of two movies.

General Zod should never again be the main enemy. I think if they wanted to have him appear again they could make him general of Darkseids minions or something or rather.

My top picks for villains is Brainiac and the whole Doomsday saga, perhaps simplified for film.

XCharlieX said:
General Zod should never again be the main enemy. I think if they wanted to have him appear again they could make him general of Darkseids minions or something or rather.

My top picks for villains is Brainiac and the whole Doomsday saga, perhaps simplified for film.

agreed on

My vote goes to Brainiac. Like others here, I don't want to see Zod as a main villain in the sequels because I feel that Singer has so much other territory to explore. I'd also rather see Singer tackle Darkside or even Doomsday, though the "Death of Superman" thing has been done in microcosm in SR.

Brainiac. When you think about it...the whole setup is already there. Superman went to Krypton looking for signs of something, anything. He probably woke Brainiac up from sleep mode in which it put itself in and survived the destruction of the planet. Then Brainiac follows this only remaining Kyptonian back to earth and hooks up with Lex and manipulates him.

wasnt there an article or something said about smallvilles final episode of the season tying into the movies?

if thats true the only thing i can think of is A phantom zone B brainiac

or am i going nuts and this was never said =p

Jus Do Brianiac...He's THe Best Guy Next To lex everyone else is to farfetched or complicated

Watch Singer & Co. pull the rug up from under us and give us the Brainiac we DON'T want...

This one:
brainiac.jpg

As opposed to this one:
brain4.jpg

i don't know but i would love to eventually see 'for the man who has everything' on the big screen....

lots of potential story and character development as well as potential action in the mix as well.

for the sake of this, i wouldn't mind getting mongul into the mix of things....

i think having a war wolrd arc where supes is a representative of all things human wouldn't be a bad way to go with things....

LostSon88 said:
Watch Singer & Co. pull the rug up from under us and give us the Brainiac we DON'T want...

This one:
brainiac.jpg

As opposed to this one:
brain4.jpg
If they're going to use Brainiac, they should use the B-13 version rather than any of the others (try to simplify his origin though, of course). STAS's Brainiac is just the Eradicator with small touches of the comic book Brainiac thrown in. I'll pass on that interpretation.

And I'd rather have Mongul try to invade Earth with Warworld than Darkseid. To fit him into a sequel, Darkseid would have to be simplified and powered down to an insane degree. The cartoon barely got away with doing this, but succeeded because everything in the DCAU was watered down to begin with. I don't want to have to settle for a weaker version of Darkseid in a movie when Mongul already fills that role perfectly.

Save Darkseid for a New Gods movie, where he can be shown in all his glory against characters who can actually fight him without powering him down for storytelling purposes (ie: the cartoons and most modern comic appearances where he fights Superman).

I voted for Brainiac, but also want Lex Luthor to return, with Bizarro making an appearance.

LostSon88 said:

This one:
brainiac.jpg

As opposed to this one:
brain4.jpg

I'm probably one of the few people here that feel this way, but I wouldn't mind if Brainiac was more like the Pre-Crisis version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"