Who should be the villain?

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Who should be the first villain for the MCU X-Men?

- Sinister + Sauron (because you need a physical antagonist to carry out Essex's goals)

- Proteus +/Sinister

- Arcade +/Sentinels

- Brotherhood + Friends of Humanity

I could all see working for an opening entry.

I'm going to go against the grain and say an anti-mutant human who hasnt been seen so far in the Fox films.

One of these: Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang, Graydon Creed.

But give them a sympathetic backstory to show why theyre prejudiced.

Since it would be a big budget spectacle, have Hodge get his scorpion tank from X-tinction Agenda or Sentinels.

2nd film I would have Sinister and Marauders

3rd film Magneto -no brotherhood, Acolytes or what ever.

Hellfire Club and Mr. Sinister as overarching villains for the series. Have them as a Lovecraftian secret society trying to unlock the ancient secrets of mutant power. That's a great way to introduce a lot of lore that would set it apart from the Fox films.

Movie One: Sauron
Movie Two: Selene and Sebastian Shaw
Movie Three: Showdown w/Sinister leading into unleashing either Phoenix or Apocalypse for a massive MCU crossover event.

Would also love to see Vulcan involved. The Summers Family needs to be properly centered in the franchise this time around. Plus that opens up cool cross-overs with the cosmic heroes. A War of Kings movie would ROCK.

One of these: Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang, Graydon Creed.

But give them a sympathetic backstory to show why theyre prejudiced.
I don't think you should give them a sympathetic backstory. In real life bigoted people including pundits, leaders of hate groups and even some politicians don't generally have a sympathetic backstory that justifies why they're supposedly "scared" of a white genocide or LGBT grooming or whatever other narrative they're going with. Whether they're a rightwing "pundit" like Alex Jones or Matt Walsh or an actual neonazi or KKK member like Richard Spencer or David Duke or whatever, you just can't give a character that would be their equivalent a "sympathetic backstory".

I don't think you should give them a sympathetic backstory. In real life bigoted people including pundits, leaders of hate groups and even some politicians don't generally have a sympathetic backstory that justifies why they're supposedly "scared" of a white genocide or LGBT grooming or whatever other narrative they're going with. Whether they're a rightwing "pundit" like Alex Jones or Matt Walsh or an actual neonazi or KKK member like Richard Spencer or David Duke or whatever, you just can't give a character that would be their equivalent a "sympathetic backstory".
Yeah, giving a "sympathetic backstory" to your Hitler/Wallace/KKK analogy is NOT a good idea.

Watch them go weird and choose a Spider-Man or Iron Man villain.

could they even use a Spider-man villain without collaborating with Sony?

I truly want another adaptation of Apocalypse but i think he will be more a Final Villain rather than their First Villain

Sentinels should obviously be in the first one. And adding the hellfire club as like a world building villain would be fun. But the main? Sorry I have no idea

I would save Mr. Sinister would for the sequel, but if Marvel Studios could find a story for him to be the villain of Marvel Studios' X-Men, why not. I just hope he isn't a one and done.

Bastion is someone I'd be fine as a 1 and done. Sauron too.

could they even use a Spider-man villain without collaborating with Sony?
Maybe, though not most of them. Arcade for example was originally a villain to Spider-Man and Captain Britain, but has since faced the X-Men more often than any other hero or team (but not exclusively). The fact that he first appeared in a Marvel Team-Up, rather than an actual Spider-Man title and hasn't been an exclusive Spider-Man villain since probably has kept him out of Sony's hands.
And there might also be other characters. For example Kingpin and Punisher were originally Spider-Man villains, but clearly Marvel can use those because Kingpin has been tied to Daredevil and Punisher became his own IP. I'm not sure if there are more villains like them.

Sentinels should obviously be in the first one. And adding the hellfire club as like a world building villain would be fun. But the main? Sorry I have no idea
I'd like to see the Sentinels in the first movie but with Bastion as the lead villain.

Hellfire Club as a shadow organization could be fun... Mr. Sinister needs to happen.

My must haves for the mcu
- Bastion
- Sentinels
- Mr. Sinisters
- Marauders
- Apocalypse
- Omega Red
- eXodus
- Spiral
- Hellfire Club
- White Queen
- Nimrod

I'm not saying to continue what Fox started but after hinting the last so many movies—and that led to nothing—I just want Sinister.

I also want Master Mold and accurate Sentinels.

The only redo I want of a villain Fox used is Apocalypse to totally erase Apocalypse from the Fox-verse.

Magneto and Mystique can be on the back burner for as long as needed.
Deadpool "fixed" Juggernaut (for me) from where he was in TLS, so I'm fine if he isn't used right away.

Going back under my rock.

Yeah, all of that^^

I'd also love Omega Red, but he would make a great bad guy for DP3 rather than X-Men proper

A good Hellfire Club, Bastion and Nimrod could all be fun as well. I'd love Exodus from a visual standpoint, but not sure where you'd fit him in. Maybe as a rival of Apocalypse who helps the X-Men?

XMen031.jpg

Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity should be the antagonists in the first movie.

Arm the FoH to the teeth with weapons so we could get action scenes with the X-Men.

Yeah, all of that^^

I'd also love Omega Red, but he would make a great bad guy for DP3 rather than X-Men proper

A good Hellfire Club, Bastion and Nimrod could all be fun as well. I'd love Exodus from a visual standpoint, but not sure where you'd fit him in. Maybe as a rival of Apocalypse who helps the X-Men?
Omega Red could also be a MCU Wolverine antagonist while Exodus could appear with the Acolytes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"