Who should direct Green lantern?

Ridley Scott is in danger of undoing all his great work if he continues at this rate. His last few movies (Exodus, Prometheus, Robin Hood, Counselor) have been really underwhelming.

PS: The Martian looks promising though.

Posted in one of the other threads and I'm gonna post it here...

I really think that WB and whoever they bring aboard this project need to look at what JJ Abrams has done with Star Trek and Star Wars, and develop and appreciation for his approach to these worlds and creatures and etc...

[YT]CTNJ51ghzdY[/YT]

With something like this, CGI is a necessity. But that doesn't mean that everything besides your lead actor should be done with CGI. You can make practical alien creatures. You should be making real costumes. But save the big, pricey effects for where they're really needed.

Posted in one of the other threads and I'm gonna post it here...

I really think that WB and whoever they bring aboard this project need to look at what JJ Abrams has done with Star Trek and Star Wars, and develop and appreciation for his approach to these worlds and creatures and etc...

[YT]CTNJ51ghzdY[/YT]

With something like this, CGI is a necessity. But that doesn't mean that everything besides your lead actor should be done with CGI. You can make practical alien creatures. You should be making real costumes. But save the big, pricey effects for where they're really needed.

Agreed. This is why I think George Miller may be the one for the GLCorp film and build the space opera using mostly practical effect and make the world look more organic.

I would still like to see Kosinski, Liman, Duncan Jones , or Bloomkamp given a shot at GLC though.

Last edited:
As much as I get annoyed with people insisting Miller direct a CBM, especially when he should be planning the next Mad Max that's been promised, I wouldn't at all be opposed to him doing GLC. That one is going to require a lot of world-building.

Hmm....depending on how well WarCraft does....perhaps get Duncan Jones to direct the GLC and he can convince his Source Code star Jake Gyllenhaal to be Hal Jordan/Green Lantern?

:hmr:

Christopher McQuarrie? Apparently Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is pretty badass.

JJ Abrams made the jump from Mission Impossible 3 to Star Trek just fine, so maybe McQuarrie could make a similar jump.

Last edited:
Christopher McQuarrie? Apparently Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is pretty badass.

JJ Abrams made the jump from Mission Impossible 3 to Star Trek just fine, so maybe McQuarrie could make a similar jump.

McQuarrie is a good writer as well.

Alex Garland

Thirded. Let him write and direct. Looking at his IMDB he's got at least some experience playing around in the DC universe since he wrote an episode of Batman Black and White which I admit I know nothing about but it's something...ish.

Watched Edge of Tomorrow on HBO today. I'd be cool with Liman.

I'd rather have Luc Besson, Guillermo Del Toro, Neil Blomkamp, Joseph Kosinski, JJ Abrams, Ridley Scott

I like the idea of JJ Abrams directing the movie.

Count me in for JJ Abrams. I really enjoyed his Star Trek films.

Depending on how Denis Villeneuve does a sci fi movie from a visual point of view in SOYL and especially Blade Runner 2 then I'd like to see him be the director. I wanted him to do a Batman movie because he would've knocked that out of the park.

But he's an outside of the box pick.

I really want to dismiss the notion of JJ ever directing GL, but a few years ago, I would've done the same in regard to Star Wars, so...

I want a director who can handle visual effects really well.

I'll only consider Jones when I see how well he can handle a big effects-heavy blockbuster.

And by that I really mean "GIVE US A F***ING WARCRAFT TRAILER, WB!!!"

I'll only consider Jones when I see how well he can handle a big effects-heavy blockbuster.

And by that I really mean "GIVE US A F***ING WARCRAFT TRAILER, WB!!!"

That will be coming soon.

The Dream director for this is clearly Ridley Scott

........................................... sure.

The nostalgic perception of Ridley is obviously the right choice. But nostalgia is always coloured too bright.

If we look at this in a realistic way, would the real Ridley Scott ever have suited the GL universe?

Everyone has their own choices and I respect them but I do not see why Scott would be a good fit, especially 2010's Scott.

The Dream director for this is clearly Ridley Scott

Ridley if he get's his mojo back and if he's still up for it. Might be soon time to retire for him.

He's lined up a a cartel movie, Prometheus 2 is next and he's co writing Blade Runner 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"