Who should direct Green lantern?

One thing we can't take away from Ridley is that his films are still extremely well made. Prometheus was a masterpiece that way.

It's plot holes and and the writing that fails. Exodus could have been much better.
If he agrees to do Green Lantern, he needs better writers.

Ridley if he get's his mojo back and if he's still up for it. Might be soon time to retire for him.

He's lined up a a cartel movie, Prometheus 2 is next and he's co writing Blade Runner 2.
ya i know he's busy/a pipe dream.

But just imagine... the same dude that has done Alien, Blade Runner, and Prometheus doing Green Lantern. :hmr:

Even if Ridley Scott isn't the director of this, the director needs to be directly inspired by the visuals in Prometheus or Blade Runner. GLC can and should be one of the more visually pleasing movies ever.

Zack Snyder is the only guy who can do Green Lantern justice.

Martin Campbell.

OMG%20you%20funny%20no.gif

This might be a good fit for Kathryn Bigelow actually. I know she got suggested for everything a while ago but I would be intrigued to see what she could do with this

Haha he can't direct everything!

Actually you know who would be cool? Edgar Wright! Hot fuzz in space :O

If they can get their hooks into him after Baby Driver, then hells yeah.

Edgar Wright actually would not be a bad choice

Yeah Simon pegg can cameo as Tomar Re

If I had a fantasy choice, it would be Luc Besson. I'd want him to go crazy with all the aliens and general weirdness. At least it would be fun and interesting.

Oh hell yes to that. Besson could bring a visual spectacle that few other directors would be able to match. The Fifth Element still looks better than dozens of big budget sci-fi films that have come out in the 20 years since its release and Valerian looks amazing.

Oh hell yes to that. Besson could bring a visual spectacle that few other directors would be able to match. The Fifth Element still looks better than dozens of big budget sci-fi films that have come out in the 20 years since its release and Valerian looks amazing.
Yeah, I doubt Besson would want to work on DC Comics movie, but I love his aesthetic for films like Fifth Element and even how Valerian looks so far. So I know it's unrealistic, but he'd be one of my top choices in a fantasy world.

^This!

This might be a good fit for Kathryn Bigelow actually. I know she got suggested for everything a while ago but I would be intrigued to see what she could do with this

She's who I'm sort of coming around to. Fantastic as he would be, Edgar Wright feels a bit pipedream-y at the moment. Bigelow, I think, has got the goods. I'd be very curious to see her with the spectacle of a modern CBM.

Julie Taymor
Danny Boyle
Peter Jackson
Darren Aronofsky
Alfonso Cuaron
Joseph K
Rian Johnson
Gore Verbinski

Out of that list I would go with Rian Johnson because not only do his films have great storylines behind them case in point The Last Jedi but also because of the fact that when it comes to sci-fi or even fantasy films he pulls out all the stops

But then again who I would go with? I would go with Duncan Jones the son of the late David Bowie as director

Rian might be the reason I enjoy Star Wars in the future. Its still waaaaay to early to tell.

Julie Taymor
Danny Boyle
Peter Jackson
Darren Aronofsky
Alfonso Cuaron
Joseph K
Rian Johnson
Gore Verbinski

Verbinski, Jackson and Cuaron for sure. They have the track record and experience to deliver something of this scope.

I changed my mind. I just watched this movie called Whatever Happened to Monday? and now I'm convinced that Tommy Wirkola should direct a Green Lantern movie.

Julie Taymor
Danny Boyle
Peter Jackson
Darren Aronofsky
Alfonso Cuaron
Joseph K
Rian Johnson
Gore Verbinski

Julie Taymor would never do this, but I'd love to hear what an Elliot Goldenthal Green Lantern score would be like.

Rian Johnson could be a great choice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"