Sequels Who should direct?

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are said to not be returning for the sequel and Marvel is looking to hire a female director.

Deborah Chow would be a great choice, but she might be busy with Obi-Wan.

Officially putting Olivia Wilde (booksmart) forward as I did in the other thread.

there must be so many people dying for the gig

Keep Cate Shortland around if Black Widow is great and there aren't plans for a sequel.

I wouldn't mind Cate Shortland or Deborah Chow. Maybe Chloe Zhao could possibly do a good job depending on how The Eternals turns out.

Just as long as it isn't the Russo Brothers. They'll just have her appear at the beginning and the end of her own movie.

The Russos Bros didn't use CM because EG wasn't going to really be about her; it was going to be mainly about the original 6 Avengers and a handful of secondary characters to fill out the Time Heist teams.

The Russos Bros didn't use CM because EG wasn't going to really be about her; it was going to be mainly about the original 6 Avengers and a handful of secondary characters to fill out the Time Heist teams.

No, the Russos didn't use CM because they didn't want to do the hard work they displayed with their previous films and just decided not to. Maybe not put her on the poster as a member of the team then? As I already stated in another thread, the film didn't need to be about her in order for her inclusion. I feel like this is just a lazy excuse to handwave poor writing and character development. She barely had any lines. She barely spoke to anyone. If you weren't going to integrate her into the plot in a more meaningful way then maybe don't set her up in your previous movie, only to pretend she doesn't exist for most of the next film. No one ever said the movie needed to be about her. The movie wasn't about Rocket, Nebula or War Machine either. They still had interactions and parts in the plot. In Civil War, the movie wasn't about Scarlet Witch or Spider-Man,they were still integrated into the plot as well. It's either a film that includes ALL of it's characters or just the original 6. You can't have it both ways.

How about instead of doing some dumb **** like killing off the villain you setup for 11 years in the first 10 minutes of the movie, you keep him alive, have him escape to give the movie some stakes. This could've setup a mission with Captain Marvel, Thor and other Avengers to go look for him etc. Or maybe leave Thor behind and let her be on the Time Heist since apparently Thor was only good for getting drunk and crying in this movie. I don't think they even needed a Time Heist team anyway since they could've just sent Cap to get them all on his own.

Captain Marvel in Endgame was wasted and horribly written. Instead of giving Captain Marvel a character, she was nothing more than a deus ex machina.

Last edited:
Get Kathryn Bigelow.

No, the Russos didn't use CM because they didn't want to do the hard work they displayed with their previous films and just decided not to. Maybe not put her on the poster as a member of the team then? As I already stated in another thread, the film didn't need to be about her in order for her inclusion. I feel like this is just a lazy excuse to handwave poor writing and character development. She barely had any lines. She barely spoke to anyone. If you weren't going to integrate her into the plot in a more meaningful way then maybe don't set her up in your previous movie, only to pretend she doesn't exist for most of the next film. No one ever said the movie needed to be about her. The movie wasn't about Rocket, Nebula or War Machine either. They still had interactions and parts in the plot. In Civil War, the movie wasn't about Scarlet Witch or Spider-Man,they were still integrated into the plot as well. It's either a film that includes ALL of it's characters or just the original 6. You can't have it both ways.

How about instead of doing some dumb **** like killing off the villain you setup for 11 years in the first 10 minutes of the movie, you keep him alive, have him escape to give the movie some stakes. This could've setup a mission with Captain Marvel, Thor and other Avengers to go look for him etc. Or maybe leave Thor behind and let her be on the Time Heist since apparently Thor was only good for getting drunk and crying in this movie. I don't think they even needed a Time Heist team anyway since they could've just sent Cap to get them all on his own.

Captain Marvel in Endgame was wasted and horribly written. Instead of giving Captain Marvel a character, she was nothing more than a deus ex machina.
Okay?

I dunno, you think? She's a great director, but I don't know if she's so above a Marvel feature. Hurt Locker was a long time ago

I dunno, you think? She's a great director, but I don't know if she's so above a Marvel feature. Hurt Locker was a long time ago

If Feige's words about talent above all being their standards then I would say MS is open to it fore sure.

If anything that HL was awhile ago increases the odds of landing her if you think about it.

I agree with most of what you said here, but man, you gotta chill, its bad for your blood pressure

But I disagree on the Thanos thing... letting 2018 Thanos live doesn't add stakes because he had nothing else to do. He'd have no reason to run from the Avengers and they'd have no reason to chase him, unless you want to completely get rid of the time travel idea as well and change the entire plot of the movie. 2014 Thanos was still the same damn character, and the Avengers still have a history, even if he wasn't aware of it. But for the audience, it was just a satisfying seeing them beating the past version of him... did Cap with the hammer get any less cheers because it wasn't the real Thanos?? no. no it did not.

Sorry, back to the topic though... I could see them going for Shortland if Widow is good

or what about Jen and Sylvia Soska? Anybody familiar with their work?
I haven't seen any of their directorial efforts, but I know they've written some comics for Marvel that were pretty well received and apparently they even had small extra roles in Fantastic Four.

Dropping some names:

Marielle Heller
Karyn Kusama
Niki Caro
Jennifer Lee
Amy Jo Johnson
Lana Wachowski
Angela Robinson
Reed Morano
Lorene Scafaria

Wow, could you imagine Lana or Lily Wachowski joining the MCU for something like that? I want it so badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"