Who should play Spider-Man after Tobey?

I don't know who could do it. I'd say Tom Welling if he wasn't already Clark Kent

But I wonder if Toby and Raimi will leave after Spider-Man 3.

I can't see anyone else playing this role, I had a hard enough time excepting the news he was cast for the part. Now you want to throw this at me, I can't take it.

I'm sure they could find another baby faced, dark haired, cutie walking about Hollywood.But for now he is Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

tobeym2.jpg

tobey_maguire,0.jpg

homem-aranha-2-12.jpg

Maguire is too short and dull to play Spider-man. I can't wait until they replace his sorry ass. :down

Me. Lol just kidding, but I do look like Peter from the comics.

I don't think Tobey will leave the role up until movie number 6 or so. But the person who's gonna remplace him it's gonna have a hard time beating his performance. I see Tobey like Reeve from the Superman movies, you just can't picture anyone but him playing the role.

blind_fury said:
Maguire is too short and dull to play Spider-man. I can't wait until they replace his sorry ass. :down

lol what?? Spidey is 5'8" and that's exactly what Tobey is. Spider-man's never been a big towering guy.

I don't know about dull but Tobey is a little melancholic but you know, it comes out as geeky Peter Parker which is great.

Tobey.

tobey-maguire-06.jpg

Jake.

jakeg.jpg

Fine replacement in my book.

I was screaming for Topher Grace as Spider-Man long before he was even casted for Venom.

bulok said:
lol what?? Spidey is 5'8" and that's exactly what Tobey is. Spider-man's never been a big towering guy.

Spidey is 5'10".

RedIsNotBlue said:
I was screaming for Topher Grace as Spider-Man long before he was even casted for Venom.

Topher had too much angst in his face, making him to look like a less friendlier Spider-man. But he seems to be delivering more snide comments more often than Tobey.

I don't know, I just watch "Win a date with Tad Hamilton". Even though Topher still has "That 70's show" kooky charm, his face can be filled with unrest emo - yeah, in this film he's like losing his lifelong crush.

LongDong said:
I personally think they would have been better without Raimi, after that horrible second film I don't understand why people are so high on him still.

*Applauds*

Both movies were that bad imo and I think that Raimi, Dunst and Maguire should get the boot staright after 3 and bring in some new blood who can actually show some sort of enthusiasm.

blind_fury said:

Brilliantly and accurately said.

Lunar_Wolf said:
Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great recast as they were going to recast him anyways when Tobey hurt his back before the second film.
2003%20tobey.jpg
2003%20jake%20g.jpg
They look like long lost brothers:spidey: :spidey:

I wish they had. Jake has the counter-culture, rebel vibe that Spidey always had in the 60's.

Warhammer said:
Tobey.

tobey-maguire-06.jpg

Jake.

jakeg.jpg

Fine replacement in my book.

LOL, you've just got two pictures in which they both have facial hair and photoshopped eyes. Doesn't really prove anything.

The best ever Peter Parker is John Cusack. Yes, he's a tad too old now, but his onscreen persona IS Peter Parker. And he looks more like him than anyone. Cusack gets closer to Peter Parker in films like High Fidelity than Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi ever have.

cusack2005story.jpg

If John Cusack was younger, he would make the perfect Spider-Man.

Eddie Dean said:
If John Cusack was younger, he would make the perfect Spider-Man.

It will never be made but I can easily see him as an older Peter Parker in a Spider Girl movie. Especially if it was slightly bent toward comedy.

I dunno who should play Spider-Man if Tobey Maguire ever leaves the series, but he better watch it. If history repeats itself again, #3 could be the start of the series' downfall, which has been the case with the other two most popular superhero franchises. One can only hope that the webslinger won't end up like Superman and Batman by the third and fourth installments, and we all know how disastrous they have been (Superman 3,4, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin)....However, I think Maguire is in better shape, because Sam Raimi is still at the directing helm and I'm sure that the last thing he wants to do is cause the next couple Spidey flicks to go up in flames like Joel Schumacher did with Batman. :spidey:

Enough with Maguire already! He's not even a good Spider-man. His voice sounds nothing like Spider-man should sound like. His demeaner and personality is NOTHING like Peter Parker or Spider-man from comics and television. He sleeps walks through the role just like his partner in crime Kirsten "looks/acts nothing like MJ" Dunst.

Lunar_Wolf said:
seth_photos.jpg
What about Mr, Brody geeky and funny. Spider-Man was not wisecracking in the movies like in the comics.
This guy would be a good Spidey/Parker. He's my second choice behind Topher Grace. Both have the tall/thin physique and energized/bubbly personalities that Spider-man should have.

Abaddon said:
Maybe Topher Gra---oh,wait.:o
Sometimes I really hate Sam Raimi. :mad:

He picks a crappy Parker initially, so what does he do? He cast the best candidate for Parker as another character so he can't be Spidey! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"