Infinity War Who Will Direct The Infinity War Films?

Not really that surprising. Whedon has said he was tired of directing team superhero films and Russo's have been rumored to direct it ever since. I do hope Whedon stays as a writer thought or at least as a creative consultant.

Unfortunately, Whedon's said he has no desire to write Infinity War. It's too much of a logistical nightmare given all the characters and I imagine its a pretty thankless job, no matter how hard you work trying to incorporate everyone in an interesting/cool way, there's always someone who'll whine about X having less cool things to do/funny things to say than Y. He'll probably have some role in shaping ideas, but I think his time with Marvel is pretty much done.

Unfortunately, Whedon's said he has no desire to write Infinity War... I think his time with Marvel is pretty much done.
:(
He has to be around at least! He isn't really one to just abandon ship just when it's starting. He won't direct IW, and may not direct any more Avengers, but he can at least direct other films... right?
I think the Russo Bros might take over the ship, and I'm okay with that, but Whedon can at the VERY least be a Cabin Boy... He can't just be marked down to passenger and put on a fan level.

After writing and directing two Avengers movies already I can see why he wouldn't want to touch Infinity War. These movies take a lot out of you as a writer and director.

So the Russo's will direct 3 Phase III films.

Also, if Whedon is planning a new show I hope he takes it straight to Netflix

Infinity War should be one of the biggest ensemble projects ever. Thats gonna be a massive production. Likely to see many different worlds as well.

Apparently they plan on starting filming them back to back in 2016... filming two movies in one year is gonna be pretty hard. Not to mention all the filming would be done two years before the first film is released. That's pretty hardcore... I guess they really want to be ready for this when they actually release it.

Can't wait to see what the brothers do with the Avengers movies!

Kevin Feige: Hey Joss...
What have we been thinking about the whole Quicksilver situation?!?!
Joss Whedon: What are you talking about?
Kevin: Well, I mean. I've just been thinking about where we could fit him in after this.
Joss: Well.... I've have some Ideas and the Ma-
(Gets cut off)
Anthony and Joe Russo barge in
Anthony Russo: Well JOSS, doesn't matter...
Joe Russo: YEAH!!!
Anthony Russo: Yeah, because we're gonna be handling the Avengers now.... NOT YOU
Joe Russo: YEAH!!!!
Joss Whedon: Guys, c'mon. Can't we just have a rational discussion?!?
Anthony Russo: Haha, nope, SHUT UP Nerd!!
Joe Russo: YEAH!!!!
Joss: What, I mean this is Marvel guys. We're kinda all nerds here...
Kevin: Joss, Please...
Joss: What!?!?
Kevin: Ok, Russo's. Go on....

Not really that relevant just thought it'd be funny. That said I am glad to see the Russo's take over.

tumblr_mjtonkEEDu1qb51g7o3_400.gif

I'm sure it's been discussed many times but I haven't seen it and so am just curious,not trying to start a director fanboy war.

What do you all think the Russos will do better than Whedon and what do you think you may miss about Whedon?

I'm sure it's been discussed many times but I haven't seen it and so am just curious,not trying to start a director fanboy war.

What do you all think the Russos will do better than Whedon and what do you think you may miss about Whedon?

This is an interesting question. I think the Russos have demonstrated again and again in their career an uncanny ability to capture the rythmn and tone of the type of stories they're telling, in their various Community episodes, Arrested Development, TWS etc. However, I don't think we've ever really seen them try to replicate the big and bold, ripped from the comic pages super hero extravaganza that Whedon has presented with his Avengers films. I know I haven't seen AOU yet, but many of the moments and shots in the trailers/tv spots suggest to me he's really going for that vibrant sensibility again.

Thus, I'm put in the position of wondering what kind of story the Russos are planning to tell with Infinity War. If they're aiming to replicate Whedon's sensibilities (for the sake of consistency among Avengers film if nothing else), then I reckon they've proved they'll be adept at handling it. What worries me a tiny bit though is that they will go a different direction and we might lose that sense of reading an unashamed superhero comic book that I think Whedon (and Sam Raimi, for the record) can capture perfectly.

I hope that makes sense. One thing, I know I'll miss is Whedon's script. No offence to Markus and McFeely, but, I just feel Whedon is a scripting genius and I highly doubt that they'll have the same mastery as he does in these matters. Not to say I think they'll write the films badly, just that I feel it's a step down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"