Who Should Direct The Hobbit?

BloodyWolverine

Superhero
Reaction score
With Peter Jackson as the Producer and the expert in all thing middle earth one would assume that many directors would be foaming at the mouth to direct the prequel to one of the greatest trilogies of all time.
So i will list a few directors. And you guys can vote based on whos best suited to direct and do consider also who would be the next best direct for The Hobbit other then PJ.
I think i would consider which director could handle a two film job which not many have done.
Anyways i will post the selections in a poll.
Please give me a few moments.
TY.

I've heard Sam Raimi and Guillermo del Toro. Either is a solid choice.

Leonard Nimoy.

[YT]XC73PHdQX04[/YT]

C'mon BW, you've been here long enough. Make these polls public, so I can ridicule people. :huh:

Del Toro's Hobbit would be insane, but I'd rather Jackson do it, if only to have a consistent Middle Earth.

I love how quickly New Line made up with PJ after The Golden Compass bombed. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Sam Raimi, and he'd also be my top choice with Del Toro.

I actually like the idea of Sean Astin doing it. He has proven himself a fairly capable director with the little he has done. This could be the big platform his directing career needs.

Del Toro...his first name is horribly mispelled on the poll.

I actually like the idea of Sean Astin doing it. He has proven himself a fairly capable director with the little he has done.
Interesting choice in Astin.At least he would have a true feel for what Jackson wanted to convey in the series.I still think DelToro if not Jackson.

I'd question whether or not it is actually Del Toro's style. The Hobbit if I remember right, isn't some dark, gothic book. It is fairly light hearted compared to most of Tolkein's work. If I could see Del Toro directing any Tolkein book it probably would've been Return of the King.

I want Peter Jackson to direct.
However, if he still chooses not too, then my next choice would be Del Toro.

Terry Gilliam or Ridley Scott. Look at Time Bandits and Legend. Either would be perfect.

Can't decide for a name. The name of the director isn't important; it's the amount of passion the director can pour into the project that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"