Infinity War Who will die in Infinity war Part 1 and 2

From the latest tv spot its basically confirmed loki is dead.

Not that much of suprise, everyone expected hiddlestone to bow out.

Personally for me, as good as hiddlestons performances are, loki has had way too much screen time so its about time he goes. I don't think hes ever been that great a villain.

I'm amazed at all the promotion considering he has such a minor role in the film.

Not sure he actually dies....

They do seem to be telegraphing it for a team that is anti-spoiler. I mean, unless they have great concern for the well-being of "Loki's Virtual Army"... I'm going to gamble and say no he won't, and if he does it's not how they've shown.

I don't know why some people don't believe that they won't kill off all of the big names...

This is a two-parter movie, they'll bring them back with the stones in the sequel obviously.

Pretty sure people would start laughing at the screen if they pulled a loser stunt like that... a little more creativity if they do that would be expected.

I didn't laugh when they did it in Infinity Gauntlet.

It won't work in a movie. It needs to be much more complex than that, just sayin

I don't agree with this. Your garden variety Disney movie can do it and nobody blinks, then Marvel can do it. As long as the explanation is half decent, the audience will go along with whatever.

I think Loki, Falcon, and even Vision are going to bite the dust in the movie.

I think this is an opportunity for them to start off on a fresh leaf and take the marvel universe in a different direction from the comic books. I don't really know how successful the comic books are. But nothing was ever so striking that a casual fan like me ever sat up and took note.

So, I believe the average movie goer really has not much of an idea of how the story goes after Thanos. At the same time, it would defy belief that they fight a villian like Thanos and walk out of it with zero casualties. So, use the way things are tilting now to forge a new path.

Wakanda is hot, black panther is hot. Spidey still has its fans. Surprisingly, Iron man as well. Bucky is interesting, but NOT the one I would have in mind to lead the avengers if you take out Cap. He has no moral authority and has shown zero leadership abilities so far. And its not like on a power level, he is the best either. So why would the rest of the avengers even listen to him, much less let him lead them?

If it was me, I would have captain america die. He is the kind of character that would make for a glorious moving dying scene, killed by Thanos. I would even have Bucky the winter sholdier die as well. He is like a muscle man. He just fights and is a plot device for conflict between Cap and iron man. Once Cap dies, Bucky loses even that.

I honestly think Vision isn't very interesting unless you want to make him and scarlet witch a thing in the new team. I actually think the average movie goer would not miss him too much if he dies. Same for scarlet witch actually. Yes, she is powerful, but I don't think the average movie goer remembers much of her.

I would say War Machine makes an interesting replacement of Ironman if we really want to have Iron Man die. Although its a pity because the man behind Ironman is what makes ironman interesting, not so much the suit. And if we kill off Cap, then we will always need an ernest patriotic do gooder sort of person which fits war machine to a tee.

Black Panther will take on the leadership role. He is a king already and Wakanda has the technology. And he is already a massive fan favorite. Black panther also opens the way for integration and cross over with Xmen in future because he and Storm are together next time.

I am actually in favour of black widow surviving. There are many heroes with big powerful abilities, but her kind of spy skillset and street smarts is less. Her surviving allows the MCU to explore other types of genres like spy, etc in future as well. And well, not everything needs to be hammered in with a blunt force hammer as a solution. And if the MCU ever gets polarised because of the politics in it (because you are introducing mutants next time), then black widow plays a very useful role in the espionage role. I think she has far more she can contribute over more powerful superheroes. Besides, its always good to have women in representation. :)

I keep thinking whether Strange should stay or not. The problem is his magical powers then to be too powerful or too weak. There isn't a middle ground. Either they are useless against an enemy or they are too strong. And while he did get a solo movie, he wasn't exactly a resounding success in terms of reception.

I think Thor should survive in one fashion or another. With Asgard gone now, Thor is the only key remaining link to Asgardians and their mythology. And Thor ragnarok was so well received. I think Loki should survive too. He is just too interesting a character who at any time could morph into a villian to just kill off.

And Spidey is so well entrenched I think he should of course stay too. I think guardians are just making a cameo appearance so I don't expect any of the guardians to really die. They are a team in their own right, so if any of them ever die, it will be in their own sequals and not in infinity war.

I am fine with Falcon dying too actually. he flies, big whoop, tons of superheroes flies these days. He wasn't interesting when they introduced him, and unless he gets a solo movie of his own, I don't expect him to be interesting.

So, yeah, for me, I would be ok with Captain, Bucky, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and maybe Ironman dying too. Then black panther should lead the team after cap goes. Actually, I feel that if RDJ's salary is not an issue, he should stay on, because RDJ is just that good at Tony Stark. From a character stand point, RDJ is tons more interesting than almost all of the rest of the superheroes. Take away the suit and the powers, and most of the superheroes fade away to nothing. Take away the Ironman suit, and you still have a bigger than life RDJ.

Actually, I am looking forward to the merging of the xmen and Avengers universe. Because I think in terms of villains, Xmen has a lot of very memorable Villains, the avengers, not so much. And right now, we have loads of cool superheroes, we don't have enough cool villains.

giphy.gif

The problem is, Marvel has pulled the "fake out" deaths A LOT with these films. So doing it here, just on a bigger scale, would be nothing new and just cause eye-rolling (there are already plenty of people who are getting annoyed with them for doing that as it is).

My money is on Loki, Heimdall, at least 2 of the Black Order, Vision, either Falcon or War Machine, and either Drax or Nebula. I think they save the death of one or more of the original 6 Avengers for IW2.

Also there are certain characters that are almost certainly not going to be killed off permanently.

My take....

1)All those who didn't die in part 1, will probably do so in part 2
2)And vice versa for those who did die in part 1.....they will be alive at the end of part 2

ie......passing of torch. :woot:

There won't be many deaths in A4....totally different film.

My question is... There was a lot of pushback from many fans here on the Hype about character deaths. So many before claimed it was a cheap way to raise the stakes yadda yadda.

So... Now that ya'll have seen it what's your position on that now?

My question is... There was a lot of pushback from many fans here on the Hype about character deaths. So many before claimed it was a cheap way to raise the stakes yadda yadda.

Most of them are going to be undone at the end of the day. So honestly, the conversation is the same. They likely will not have killed many characters PERMANENTLY to raise they stakes.

Apparently, any character deaths means the movie will bomb at the box office.

Because kids. And adults acting like kids.

Only ones I felt were cheap ones were the ones that are obviously gonna be undone. Like I said before, no way are [BLACKOUT]Strange, Black Panther or Spider-Man[/BLACKOUT] actually staying dead, so it basically just tells the audience "Yes, this will be undone in the sequel."

The others? I think those are sticking.

I think that it's just interesting that everyone is going gaga, rightly so I might add, for the film, and yet I am sure those who are praising it are some of the same that made a stink about character deaths in the lead up to it's release. This all operates under the umbrella of "suspension of disbelief" after all. Still, not having character deaths in a film based on a story where so many heroes get slaughtered by the bad guy would have been a betrayal of the story itself IMO and would have lessened the impact of the film overall.

Yes, it was a cheap way to convey seriousness of the circumstance they face, when it blatantly obvious that many of those characters that perished, would undoubtedly return, as their lives will be retconned...especially after Marvel release it most current slate of dates for upcoming films, through 2022n with some in particular locked in like Spider-Man for one.

However, A4 will be "The" final film, final chapter if you will, of such a long running series that span for 11yrs, when it's all said & done. I firmly believe that Fiege wanted the Russos to formulate a story that would put the major characters, that started it all, back in the forefront, one last time, without all the the distractions of side & supporting characters. He want the focus to be on these guys to close out series, to interact with themselves for the final time. Reason why i now think, none of the major character suufered that fate, except for Fury.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at all the promotion considering he has such a minor role in the film.

Because he has thousands, if not millions of women who love him. Have you seen how crazy women got when he would make appearances at comic cons and other conventions? You swore it was Beetlemania all over again.

Like it or not, but fan girls crushing on their men/boys are a huge driving force for the box office. Throw in some star crossed lovers clutching hands at the end of the world, and you have box office gold.

Anyways, this thread. I avoided spoilers like the plague, so it's why I have been absent from this page for a few years, so while going in, I was expecting Thor or Hulk dying in part one, and cap dying in part 2, but I never foreseen them killing off
Gamora

And, I don't think they will kill Hawkeye. He might retire and live the rest of his life being a family man, but, I do think he will be put in a perilous position, and one of the other characters will sacrifice themselves to save him. I have my money on it being Black Widow who will do it, her one last big deed to wipe the red out of her ledger, and no better than to do it by protecting the man who gave her a second chance.

And I think it's going to be toss up between Ironman and Cap, but not both. More than likely it will be Cap. I love him, and I'm sure he has enough stories to keep going, but it seems like the world box office doesn't care for him, so it makes sense for Disney to kill off a major character like Cap that is just not generating the Box office that IronMan, Spide-Man and Thor do. And, I don't see them killing off Thor.

Huh?

WS made over $700 million off a $172 million budget.

CW did $1 Billion. off a $250 million budget.

Because he has thousands, if not millions of women who love him. Have you seen how crazy women got when he would make appearances at comic cons and other conventions? You swore it was Beetlemania all over again.

Like it or not, but fan girls crushing on their men/boys are a huge driving force for the box office. Throw in some star crossed lovers clutching hands at the end of the world, and you have box office gold.

Anyways, this thread. I avoided spoilers like the plague, so it's why I have been absent from this page for a few years, so while going in, I was expecting Thor or Hulk dying in part one, and cap dying in part 2, but I never foreseen them killing off
Gamora

And, I don't think they will kill Hawkeye. He might retire and live the rest of his life being a family man, but, I do think he will be put in a perilous position, and one of the other characters will sacrifice themselves to save him. I have my money on it being Black Widow who will do it, her one last big deed to wipe the red out of her ledger, and no better than to do it by protecting the man who gave her a second chance.

And I think it's going to be toss up between Ironman and Cap, but not both. More than likely it will be Cap. I love him, and I'm sure he has enough stories to keep going, but it seems like the world box office doesn't care for him, so it makes sense for Disney to kill off a major character like Cap that is just not generating the Box office that IronMan, Spide-Man and Thor do. And, I don't see them killing off Thor.

Actually, I don’t know where you’re getting your information but it’s wrong. The superhero box office, with the exception of Wonder Woman, is predominantly male. For example Age of Ultron had a 58% male audience and a 42% female audience. Moreover the largest age demographic for any film is 25-39, this is followed by the 60+ demographic being second largest and the 40-49 demographic being the third, aka adults past the age of ‘fan-girling’ on actors. The 18-25 and the 12-17 demographics buy less tickets than you think. So no, teenage girls with crushes do not control the box office.

Source:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251466/us-movie-theater-audience-by-age/

As for Cap... I’m going to use Winter Soldier since Civil War was an ensemble cast. CA:WS (Cap 2) made 713.4 million (454 million of that overseas), for a spring release. Comparatively Iron-Man 2 made 623.9 million (311 million of that overseas). Thor 2 made 644 million (438 million overseas).

Source: Box Office Mojo

Cap does just fine, both here, and internationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"