Who would play Sabretooth? Keep Mane or get new blood? Triple H? No Wrestlers?

Keep tyler mane he did a good job playing sabortooth in X1 he just needs more dialogue.

Olcanucklehead said:
In the new upcoming Wolverine spin off, everyone knows that Sabretooth is a must. What is Wolvie without his sadistic arch nemisis? But who are they going to get to play the big ol' sack o' psycho?

Tyler Mane has been critisised time and again for his poor portrayle of such a pivitol character, but who do you feel? Should he return?

On that note, if he were replaced who would play him? Would they get another wrestler? Should they stay away from wrestlers and go with a profesional actor? Either way, who could pull it off?

Personaly, and don't stone me for saying this, I think that Triple H, who played a Vampire in Blade Trinity, could pull it off rather well. He has that sadistic attitude, and pulled off a similar role in Blade: Trinity. What do you think, is he acceptable?

normal_1Triple_H_wife_Stephanie_McM.jpg

blade38ib.jpg

TripleH_001.jpg

I thought Tyler Mane sucked as Sabretooth. I could welcome Triple H as Sabretooth. H least has some acting chops whether people agree wrestling is acting or not.

However if Sabretooth comes back he should look like Sabretooth, not some biker guy with fangs and a furcoat.

Nathan said:
Tyler Mane should return. In my opinion he was the perfect Sabretooth. He needs only more dialogue and more to do.

I agree with this statement. Mane was the perfect choice for Sabretooth.

Keep Mane!! Let Triple H be Conan.

Nathan said:
Tyler Mane should return. In my opinion he was the perfect Sabretooth. He needs only more dialogue and more to do.
Full agreement.

why change actors just give him something to do and cut his hair and trim those god aweful eyebrows and things will be fine

x-fan said:
why change actors just give him something to do and cut his hair and trim those god aweful eyebrows and things will be fine

So in other words make him look like Sabretooth rather than a sideshow idiot. Personally I think Mane has the height and such of Sabretooth, but I am unsure as to what presence he has since I have not seen him act or seen his wrestling persona. I am not familiar with wrestling that much, but I do know that Triple H portrays an ego that would fit Sabes and he also has more of a Sabretooth face.

If only you could combine the two it'd be perfect.

we'll never know unless the give mane something more to do than stand around and a nd grunt ...thanks for that singer :(

Victor Creed said:
So in other words make him look like Sabretooth rather than a sideshow idiot. Personally I think Mane has the height and such of Sabretooth, but I am unsure as to what presence he has since I have not seen him act or seen his wrestling persona. I am not familiar with wrestling that much, but I do know that Triple H portrays an ego that would fit Sabes and he also has more of a Sabretooth face.

If only you could combine the two it'd be perfect.
His acting in "The Scorpion King" & "How To Make A Monster" suggests he can pull it off.

The only character I can see Triple H playing is Thor.

His "accent" and lines would probably be corny enough for him to pull it off...any other character would require too much acting talent (which I dont think Triple H has).

I like the idea of HHH as Thor; though it'll likely be the Ultimate version.

Keep Mane. Nothing's wrong with him at all. Just give the guy more to work with. I was giddy every time he was on screen. He has such a presence. Both him and Triple H are even choices but Tyler edges out in the height department so I give it to him.

I don`t want just this big bruiser wrestler! Mane was ok as a stupid lackey in the first movie but to go toe-to-toe with Jackman in a long movie with dialogue, you need a good actor and Sabretooth has to be a smart cat that plays mind games with Wolverine.

My pick would be Josh Holloway, "Sawyer" from Lost. He would be the rascal that would be able to stick a knive(or claws) in someone`s back. Give him legs prostetics a la Frankenstein to make him a good 5 foot taller and it`s set.

Sabretooth is no 'rascal'. He's psychotic, but no rascal. And he is a big bruiser. Mane can deliver, he simply didn't have the material to do so in 'X-Men'.

I mean, with all the characterization issues the X-films had from page to screen, is it really that hard to believe that the writers simply didn't flesh Sabretooth out, rather than the performance being Mane's fault? Every X-film turned a noted villian into a one-note lacky.

I say keep Tyler Mane, he did a good job and prosthetics now a days can give his X1 suit with the aweful eyebrows and the obviously fake claws a whole new look. The guy has the height and the look. Triple H is too stocky and short for my taste.

Keep Mane. There's no need to recast Sabretooth. If Mane can say the words "runt" and "shrimp," while convincingly making the same generalized threats (Hope you like sreamin') as Sabretooth always does, then he should be fine.

Stripesy Strip said:
I don`t want just this big bruiser wrestler! Mane was ok as a stupid lackey in the first movie but to go toe-to-toe with Jackman in a long movie with dialogue, you need a good actor and Sabretooth has to be a smart cat that plays mind games with Wolverine.

My pick would be Josh Holloway, "Sawyer" from Lost. He would be the rascal that would be able to stick a knive(or claws) in someone`s back. Give him legs prostetics a la Frankenstein to make him a good 5 foot taller and it`s set.

You are an idiot. On a side note, all of you "Lost" fanboys should stop parading the cast for every hero/villain in threads like this. The only halfway decent thing I saw someone say a Lost cast member would be ok as is when they said that the same guy as you mentioned as Gambit. (I said it was ok, not great).

Besides, as it was just said Sabretooth isn't a rascal...a rascal ties your shoes together to make you trip, a rascal puts pubic hair in your food when you aren't looking, a rascal does not murder people and put out an heir of sadistic genius, lol.

The problem is that most people just want Sabretooth to remain a useless one dimensional character to make Logan seem much deeper. If the creators are going to make Logan the center of the X-Universe, the least they could do is actually make his most recognizable/associated nemesis have the same importance and character. I myself am not a fan of the comics in which Sabes is a dip**** goon, but rather prefer the ones in which he is exactly what he should be, a sort of mercenary with a sick sense of humor, doing what benefits him the most in everything.

Sounds to me like some of you just have a low opinion/understanding of what/who Sabretooth is. But then some of you seem to also be on the same page as me.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
I thought Tyler Mane sucked as Sabretooth. I could welcome Triple H as Sabretooth. H least has some acting chops whether people agree wrestling is acting or not.

However if Sabretooth comes back he should look like Sabretooth, not some biker guy with fangs and a furcoat.

I agree with you 100%!:woot::up:

As much as I despise the idea of wrestlers playing superheroes/villains just because they look like Rob Liefeld characters, it works sometimes. Tyler Mane was decent as Sabretooth, although he played him as a dumb heavy and not a sinister, vicious beast man. Vinnie Jones was appalling as Juggernaut - that was one instance where a wrestler SHOULD have been hired.

nachoman said:
Keep mane, drop the long hair and trenchcoat coat look though.

I like his hair similar to wolverines only a bit longer and blonde.

He should look really verocious and primal, like in the comics.

http://student.cofa.unsw.edu.au/~z3151049/assets/xmen/xmen3.jpg

That is horrible and cheesy.

I would hate to see any X-Film you would make. The only way Sabretooth would work is to make him less gay and "primal." You can be Sabretooth and not be a dip****. In fact, most of the Sabretooth renditions are far from, I run around in tights and claw people. Given how the X-Men have all be done in the movies, they need to make him look more realistic than a hermit/trapper. He needs to be the merc style that he has been portrayed as for a while now.

Just because i said sabertooth should look more primal and more like an animal, it doesn't mean I want him to be a big dumb freak who just kills for no reason. Obviously he should be a worthy nemisis for wolverine both physically and mentally.

I was only commenting on sabertooth's appearance. In the first x men movie sabertooth looked like he belonged in the hell's angels or on a park bench at night drinking booze out of a paper bag and asking passers by for spare change.

nachoman said:
Just because i said sabertooth should look more primal and more like an animal, it doesn't mean I want him to be a big dumb freak who just kills for no reason. Obviously he should be a worthy nemisis for wolverine both physically and mentally.

I was only commenting on sabertooth's appearance. In the first x men movie sabertooth looked like he belonged in the hell's angels or on a park bench at night drinking booze out of a paper bag and asking passers by for spare change.

I agree that his look sucked in that movie, but the picture you provided was worse, and just reverted back to the old cliche spandex mexican wrestler look (minus the mask). I can't find the picture, but I prefer the newer version of that costume if need be, it was in the comic where Sabretooth was in a trenchcoat and the gang tried to screw with him and he ripped off the guy's arm. I'll see if i can find it anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"