Who'd love to see a Maxx movie?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
Remember that bizarre but imaginative 1990s comic and MTV animated show? one of my fave comics and animated shows growing up as a 90s teen. I always wanted to do a movie based on The Maxx.

I mean it can be an arthouse-style kind of comic movie with Jean Pierre Jeunet or David Fincher as director and Luc Besson (Leon The Professional/Nikita/Fifth Element) as producers or maybe David Lynch as producer. It can also be a very different and surreal film for comic book movies.

Who is sexy and talented enough to be Julie Winters and who can be Mr. Gong?

Remember that bizarre but imaginative 1990s comic and MTV animated show? one of my fave comics and animated shows growing up as a 90s teen. I always wanted to do a movie based on The Maxx.

I mean it can be an arthouse-style kind of comic movie with Jean Pierre Jeunet or David Fincher as director and Luc Besson (Leon The Professional/Nikita/Fifth Element) as producers or maybe David Lynch as producer. It can also be a very different and surreal film for comic book movies.

That would be Awesome.

Yes! Please! To get the full capacity of the story, I'd say two films. Like The Hobbit should've been. No trilogy. I don't think one film would do it justice. I love The Maxx. It's a clever comic book disguised a superhero book. It's not really about Br'er Lappin. It's about Julie. And even when it's about Maxx, it's about Julie because of what he is.

Julie Winters doesn't have to be super hot. Remember, she was always trying to escape the "plain jane" feeling. Let alone her PTSD. With Jessica Jones' success, maybe this'd fly?

I'd love to cast people. I have a thread in this forum for all comic book casting calls, by the way. Would love for it to get attention. Seems fun.

But yea, Brit Marling could be a good Julie maybe? Idk.

Oh man. I used to love this comic and the animated series was good too. I would love to see this happen.

Not with Channing Tatum.

I don’t know man, I could kinda see Tatum as the Maxx. He was too hulking for Gambit, IMO. But the Maxx? It might work.

Well, alright. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Yeah I only read a little of the comic but I watched a good bit of the animated series and really dug it. MTV’s Oddities, baby! Now if only we could get a live action version of The Head… :D

I think if like A24 did it and say on like a $50-$60 million budget? Yes. Also have to be R-rated. Selling it like a Sin City type of film.

I wonder if it will be set in the 90s.

I hope so. It feels SO 90s. Transporting the Max to the present day would lose some of that classic “grim & gritty” edge that was so popular in early 90s comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"