Whose idea was it to add a comment section to SHH! and Coming Soon?

Movies205

Corporate Money
Reaction score
Christ... The people who make these comments are worst than the talkbackers on AICN, it truely is making a mockery of this site... Let's look at some of these great comments:

"Posted by: cumshot on March 17, 2008 at 11:05:31

Eva Mendes is a filthy ****e. "

"

Posted by: Nelson on March 17, 2008 at 00:21:56

Musicals are gay. spider-man musical though, will be ULTRA gay!

Posted by: Logan22 on March 17, 2008 at 00:26:45

Black man should not voice an intergalactic silver character unless they tamper with it.
I say get the voice from Ultimate Alliance Surfer.

Posted by: 50 cent on March 17, 2008 at 00:29:43

what you say honkie? g-g-g-g-g-unit."

"Posted by: movie fan on March 14, 2008 at 04:49:57

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERY STORY ON HERE. ITS DEPRESSING TO READ THESE COMMENTS WHEN HALF OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE IT OR COMPLAIN THAT IT'S NOT PERFECT. ALSO COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMEONE SAYING FIRST IS ANNOYING. WHO CARES. LETS ALL BE POSITIVE. MOVIES ARE ENTERTAINING EVEN WHEN THEY AREN'T THE BEST. LETS BE POSITIVE AND HAPPY THEY WE ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE THESE MOVIES FOR OUR ENJOYMENT. "

Wasn't the reason for forums so I could choose whether or not I want my brain to bleed from stupidity?

It is quite negative on there. Its gonna turn into the filthy kind of of stuff on youtube probabley.

I'm actually quite surprised by it to be honest since it such an amazing contrast to the discussion found here but that's probably because there are no mods for the comments section.

Wow. some people really are idiots on there

Seriously Hype, we need to eliminate those comment sections. Here's why:

1) If they don't have enough time, or the will to register for the boards, then their comments shouldn't matter to any of us. Why not make threads and link back to their respective forums, get more people on here, and weed out the dumbasses who just want to be internet gangstas?

2) The whole first post thing. I will never understand the appeal or the fun in typing "FIRST POST!" It's stupid, childish and immature and makes the sites look like garbage dumps for immature kids. These sites are fairly respectable, lets keep it that way.

Seriously Hype, we need to eliminate those comment sections. Here's why:

1) If they don't have enough time, or the will to register for the boards, then their comments shouldn't matter to any of us. Why not make threads and link back to their respective forums, get more people on here, and weed out the dumbasses who just want to be internet gangstas?

2) The whole first post thing. I will never understand the appeal or the fun in typing "FIRST POST!" It's stupid, childish and immature and makes the sites look like garbage dumps for immature kids. These sites are fairly respectable, lets keep it that way.

:slow clap: :up:

jag

I third it. With respect to those who can, there's a lot of the user here who can't be trusted to be responsible, or mature, or even intelligent. Why should we suffer when.....well, let's just say that we shouldn't have to suffer and give these morons the satisfaction of being e-tuff.

The whole first post thing. I will never understand the appeal or the fun in typing "FIRST POST!" It's stupid, childish and immature and makes the sites look like garbage dumps for immature kids. These sites are fairly respectable, lets keep it that way.

I personally make it a point to dock posts for that crap. It's one thing if it's like "Hey, this is a valid point relevant to the topic at hand, and these are valid backing facts, and oh, hey first post". But bullhsit posts like "In before close" or "too long to read :o" I gun for. And yes, I take extra pride in it when they had just hit a landmark like 6000 for their bigger avatar.

So let this be a lesson to you---If you can't contribute to the conversation, don't. Cause if you add BS like mentioned above, this one-legged pirate will plunder yer post count.

Its not so much how blatantly stupid the posts themselves are because in all honesty they can be ignored. Its the fact that I know SHH! prides itself on the fact that studio do in fact watch and they have a relationship with them and its really just a complete mockery to the site itself.

I once again agree....

Its not so much how blatantly stupid the posts themselves are because in all honesty they can be ignored. Its the fact that I know SHH! prides itself on the fact that studio do in fact watch and they have a relationship with them and its really just a complete mockery to the site itself.

I agree, too. I was just saying.

That Punisher website got a load of crap comments on SHH's main page too. -_-

:slow clap: :up:

jag
Time to unleash Orson Wells
clap.gif

I agree that it's pretty unnecessary. We already have the forums, spreading out the discussion with a separate section that serves the same purpose is just redundant. a simple "discuss" link at the end of every story linking to the forums would suffice.

For the sake of this site's public image and respectability, you must remove the comments sections. Also, I find it in some way disrespectful to the members of these boards. We were the ones who spent 5 minutes registering for this forum, we're the ones that have stayed here and fueled this site. Yet, in your effort to bring in new blood have done the equivalent of selling out the site to people who can't even be bothered to spend 2-3 minutes registering to these boards and joining this community. In the process, forgetting about the ones who are here, and the ones who will stay. Shame, shame on you Hype!

*tear*

I can't stand the comment section. I only read them the first time I saw them & they were just horrible. They need to go.:down

If they want to contribute, they can register just like everyone else did.

glad to see i'm not the only one thinking this. some of the comments i've seen, would have you been banned without a second chance. its really making the site look bad. maybe have it filtered that comments have to be screened before they can be posted

i mean how long before we get crap chain letters and links to questionable sites

glad to see i'm not the only one thinking this. some of the comments i've seen, would have you been banned without a second chance. its really making the site look bad. maybe have it filtered that comments have to be screened before they can be posted

i mean how long before we get crap chain letters and links to questionable sites

"Wow, if you guys love Terrence Howard, look for him at BigandBlack.com!"

I'm all for getting rid of the comment option, and simply having a link to the appropriate forum instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"